Hot Toys POTA Gorilla Soldier review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But it hasn't been 30 days, nor 1 year. Or did they wait the 30 days out and then reply? You sent this off around the beginning of September, didn't you? Did you go through your retailer? What about your receipt? What date was on that? Are they reneging because you pre-ordered it early, so it's now past that 30 day deadline?

Hot Toys, you suck!!!

1252075516invasionofthe.gif

Hot Toys sucks and blows...I purchased this sometime in December 2008 during a pre-sale or pre-order. I received the gorilla while I was out of the country sometime in August. I wrote them early September--can't remember...I'm so livid with anger that I can't see beyond the steam coming out of my nose

Jess, contact the seller you bought from. Tell them how it was damaged out of the box, that you contacted HT and the response you got. I would also recontact HT. Quote their response to you and politely ask them if they are punishing you for pre-ordering THEIR product? Tell them that you contacted them withing 30 days of your receiving it and that you had planned on buying all the apes they released.
I don't know if it will work, but, it couldn't hurt.

That sounds like major caca on HTs part. :mad:

Apes, you have my sword!

Lets take some ^^^^in' heads!

Jess, contact the seller you bought from. Tell them how it was damaged out of the box, that you contacted HT and the response you got. I would also recontact HT. Quote their response to you and politely ask them if they are punishing you for pre-ordering THEIR product? Tell them that you contacted them withing 30 days of your receiving it and that you had planned on buying all the apes they released.
I don't know if it will work, but, it couldn't hurt.

I agree with Ironman. It sucks that they haven't responded correctly in this matter but it could be one big misunderstanding.

Sometimes cooler heads do prevail. :eek:

So sorry this happened to you Jess.

I was thinking about this... if I had any problem with my Hot Toys Gorillas I would have contacted Alter Ego not Hot Toys for a replacement. A agree with Sticks, your seller is responsible for your satisfaction in this, not Hot Toys. They were the ones who sold you a damaged toy.

I bought an original Hellboy PF a few years ago from Alter Ego. It came damaged... one of the fingers on the Right Hand of Doom was broken. I contacted Sideshow initially about the breakage and I got a letter back from them that said pretty much the same thing Hot Toys told you. But they mentioned that I should contact my seller. I did and thankfully Alter Ego replaced it with a qualm.

I really hope you get this straighten out... we need your strong voice to be rallying for more Apes from Hot Toys not against. :D

Well, the damage is obviously a factory ^^^^up, not the seller's. I believe the card that came with the Gorilla Captain said, "bullet proof packaging." The outside box was dented...the inside box was crisp and clear. There is no way the seller would be at fault...the gorilla was hog tied in the package with a thousand twist ties.

My feathers are still ruffled. I need to ^^^^^ slap someone.

Most toy companies will tell you to take it up with the retailer you purchased it from, and most retailers will replace the product. A while back I had an issue with an Amok Time figure that I had ordered from Corner Store Comics and they replaced the part without question.

I have contacted ABC Express. I am awaiting their response. When you plop $160 in chimpchange, you expect it to be perfect. At least I do.

Jess is just gonna piss off HT until they decide to not make any more POTA figures! :monkey5

Seriously though, almost everybody tells you to bring it back where you bought it. If your car has a problem you don't drive to Detroit, or Japan, to have them fix it. You take it to the dealer. I understand your anger and frustration. I guess its always easier to give advice than to be the one in the problem situation.

Yes and no, sometimes the seller is unable to resolve an issue and it is easier to go to the manufacturer. In this case it may be impossible for Jess to send this item back w/o losing a lot on shipping. But, it doesn't hurt to check with the seller just to be safe.

Although in all honesty... if you could get a full refund from ABC, I'd do that and buy from someone else. They can be had for less than $160 now that they are out.

Good job keeping up with this... no reason HT shouldn't be able to send a replacement.

(Also I'm in a similar situation with the Abe Sapien figure and hoping I get a positive result :lol)

I have contacted ABC Express. I am awaiting their response. When you plop $160 in chimpchange, you expect it to be perfect. At least I do.

Indeed, but the simple fact is, errors, damage, faulty parts, etc. slip buy quality control in any production, toy company or not. I certainly don't blame you for being pissed though, I would be too, and am anytime I get a faulty product.

I'm not the raving blathering maniac I was earlier--I've regained my composure after jumping up and down and yelling at the computer.... I'll just wait to see what ABC Express has to say...they are also located in Hong Kong and I don't expect to hear a reply from either company until tonight anyway.

Well, the damage is obviously a factory ^^^^up, not the seller's. I believe the card that came with the Gorilla Captain said, "bullet proof packaging." The outside box was dented...the inside box was crisp and clear. There is no way the seller would be at fault...the gorilla was hog tied in the package with a thousand twist ties.

My feathers are still ruffled. I need to ^^^^^ slap someone.
The "bullet proof packaging" line is just that, a line. They used to show someone standing on a box. At least they changed that. I've had boxes come dented. They do state they wont look at that type of return unless you paid insurance.

The thousand twist ties is an over exaggeration, but still annoying. I have the feeling ABC will look after you. They are nice people. The return shipping cost is the punisher. As it's just the vest it shouldn't be too much, but adds that much more to the cost that ought not to have been the case. Returning the whole box for a refund really isn't an option. That'd add around $30 or more to the overall cost.

Plenty of people have stated they have had parts sent to them direct from Hot Toys without having gone to their original retailer, and that ought to have been the case here. It seems to me that the Hot Toys customer service person took the policy to the letter, rather than exercise some grey matter and taken a common sense approach and that's why Hot Toys Sucks.

Jessica, you really should express your concern to Hot Toys a little more politely. Here is an example of how your email should look:

Dear Hot Toys,

I buy gorilla with less 30 day purchase. Toy are arrive for torn from jacket. Damage are you ^^^^ up on factory.
Thank you for read my complaint.
:mad:

Jessica, you really should express your concern to Hot Toys a little more politely. Here is an example of how your email should look:

Dear Hot Toys,

I buy gorilla with less 30 day purchase. Toy are arrive for torn from jacket. Damage are you ^^^^ up on factory.
Thank you for read my complaint.
:mad:

:lol:lol:lol

Well, nothing but crickets chirping from the Hot Toys and ABC Express camps. And I just effed up my current project. And my foot is threatening to cramp up on me. What a perfect evening.

Yay! Hot Toys replaced the gorilla vest for me. I am THANKFUL!! And so tired of this mini skirmish. At long last there is an end to it, and it was quite a melee but it was worth the struggle. :peace

Jess, I really admire your persistance! You remind me of myself in that regard, great job!:peace:gun

Back