Hot Toys POTA Gorilla Soldier review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're focused on 1 project? How can that be Jessica? It's not like you at all. I'm starting to drift all over the place on these 3 projects alone. I've got four, that's right, four new ape heads in the works, Project Lady Liberty and the Glyphs for the President.

:whip

anyone know if the hair is rooted or glued? i like the realistic look but worry the hair is gonna fall out! :lol

anyone know if the hair is rooted or glued? i like the realistic look but worry the hair is gonna fall out! :lol

The hair is fake fur. It's glued onto fabric. It shouldn't fall off...unless you overcomb them...then you can get bald patches.

The fake fur is double-sided taped (it really feels like toupee tape!!) onto the plastic head:

DSC00595.jpg

Soooo... :rolleyes:
You guys just need my address or what?
:monkey3

Got the original Mego's too.

Back in the day (70's), I was Ape **** over the movies and then TV series. Magizines, comics, veiw master, coloring books, postors, puzzles, trash can, games, toys, you name it. Found myself wanting to walk bent over all the time; stupid kid.

LOL, I have some Mego's as well. Might wind up using them for ape children one day. I always wanted more but money was always tight. Seems some things never change.
I did have 3 cannister puzzles (wonder what happened to them), a Galen bank, POTA trashcan, rubber figures...
First movie I ever saw in theaters was Beneath. My oldest sister took me and regretted it all the way home as I walked like an ape the whole way.

Wook, that was a fabulous review. I can't wait to read your next review when Hot Toys starts churning out my chimps!!!

Do you get to keep the toys?

Still haven't received anything yet from Hot Toys. They said to send them the receipt and they would send a replacement. Have done that, but I am on a holding pattern. The ball is in their court.

Sorry about this being the Captain...but I found a tear in the gorilla vest. I'm writing to Hot Toys now...

hottoyscaptain003.jpg

hottoyscaptain001.jpg

hottoyscaptain002.jpg

:maul:maul:monkey4:monkey4:stake:censored:censored
Wow. I just got word from Hot Toys, that they will not fix my gorilla vest, for some ^^^^up they did. Well they can just kiss my hairy behind!! I will no longer support any Hot Toys apes or any future production of any Hot Toys apes.

Here is their reply:
Sorry for keep you waiting!
We're very sorry to tell you that over 30 days of purchase or product released for more than 1 year will NOT be accepted.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We're very sorry to tell you that over 30 days of purchase or product released for more than 1 year will NOT be accepted.

But it hasn't been 30 days, nor 1 year. Or did they wait the 30 days out and then reply? You sent this off around the beginning of September, didn't you? Did you go through your retailer? What about your receipt? What date was on that? Are they reneging because you pre-ordered it early, so it's now past that 30 day deadline?

Hot Toys, you suck!!!

1252075516invasionofthe.gif

Back