Hot Toys- Platoon- Chris Taylor spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Barnes, Elias, and Lerner. Just watched Platoon last night. Tom Berenger as the Barnes' character was phenomenal. Have Taylor on pre-order, can't wait to see Barnes and Elias.

Yeah.. I watched it last night as well.. Really making this fig hard to pass up.

IMO they've captured Sheen's expression. Definitely needs Barnes & Elias to compliment it. Suprising choice from HT.

Meh... My SST trio is plenty good, cannot see putting $450 into an update that probably is not that much better from three to five feet away...

Not that much better? He already looks better from looking at the pics from across the room!

I didn't even know Sideshows Platoon figures existed until this figure was shown. I since had a look at the SS ones, not bad, and they made Keith David and Dr.Cox who Hot Toys more than likely won't be making.

This figure looks incredible but I'll probably only be picking one of these up now if they make a few and if I do it will be Barnes. Most visually interesting for a figure imo as well as my favorite character from the movie.

I didn't even know Sideshows Platoon figures existed until this figure was shown. I since had a look at the SS ones, not bad, and they made Keith David and Dr.Cox who Hot Toys more than likely won't be making.

They were prolly SS best line all around till about 2008. nice scupts, outfits, accessories and paint for the time they came out. Of course the HT beats them today, but at $100 more a figure.

They were prolly SS best line all around till about 2008. nice scupts, outfits, accessories and paint for the time they came out. Of course the HT beats them today, but at $100 more a figure.

Yes and those 50 dollar figures now go for 100 and upwards. Times of changed and so have prices. Huge inflation even in the SideShow 12 inch line. These are still vastly superior and I may just pick them up.

20109185416644.jpg

2010918532516.jpg

Fantastic. I'm no expert on Sheens face or that army gear but everything looks smashing. I don't think theres been one complaint about the headsculpt. Normally theres something to pick on, if not by me then by other people, but they just nailed it straight away with the first pictures released.

I'll collect this line if at all possible.

This figure is just too good in my book to pass up. I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered this bad boy this week even though I have several other Hot Toys pre-orders in the pipeline. I'm just glad the figures I've got on order are not all being released at the same time. It'll give my wallet a break for sure.

Does anyone have any idea of when this is out? I have heard that Predators Royce may be out end of this month and if i'm not mistaken, these were both announced close together... If anyone has any info I'd be greatful.

i need to know...does anyone know if they are making Elias and Barnes for sure? I dont want to spend 150 on just him, but ill buy it to have all 3 if they are being made with the likenesses.

Yeah they are, there were pictures of what figures were coming at the recent toy shows. I think they're even making Jonny Depp's character!

Ah I see snake beat me to it.

Back