Hot Toys- Platoon- Chris Taylor spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys are making other figures frrom this line, 3 more if i'm not correct? Just for people who are unsure.

I can't find the pictures anywhere, but they revealed which figures they will be releasing alongside Taylor. It was definitely Berenger and Depp's characters, think the other was Willem Dafoe! In fact i'm pretty much sure it was those 3. Some one find the pics!

While i dont think i'll be buying this i have to say i'm soooo impressed with that headsculpt. Kind of a random line for hot toys to pick but it does look great.

While i dont think i'll be buying this i have to say i'm soooo impressed with that headsculpt. Kind of a random line for hot toys to pick but it does look great.

It's not random. HT is already well known for their military line of figures and Sideshow holds the license for Platoon figures which means HT could 'borrow' it as they did with Terminator 2. Also, I think a lot of collectors have been long clamoring for figures from films like this, Full Metal Jacket and Apocalypse Now. I want figures from all three movies!

Q4...tempting...so very tempting. Undeniable classic film, one my brother and I used to watch regularly when we were kids playing with toy soldiers...yeah we probably took the wrong kind of message away from that film! :lol

Easy pass, but DAMN! When HT does a perfect sculpt, they do a perfect sculpt!

Exactly, I wouldn't have them change anything about the headsculpt. First prototype shown.

Damn, the price is very tempting. But I gotta save some money in case Landa is released at Q4 either. For this line, only Elias and Barnes are definite buy for me.

Man, if I was into human characters... I'd be all over this. I swear, HT has its issues from time to time, but there's no beating them when they do the job right. Good lord, this figure look better the more I look at it. I'm anxious to see if they do Willem Dafoe. Please do, HT! I might consider getting these if you do!
The problem is, I don't want to get a one-figure line. Same goes for Inglourious Basterds. Make more figures and I'd be more likely to grab 'em. Having that said, with this awesome Sheen likeness, I'm hoping they fix Landa.

EDIT: Holy cow, I just noticed the boots have real fabric and laces too! HT stepped it up a notch -- again.

I'm anxious to see if they do Willem Dafoe.

Me too. The man is my favorite actor and I've never seen any HS of him. Except Platoon, I'd like to see anyone make him from To Live and Die in L.A. which he pulled off the villain role with legendary performance. :clap

Man, if I was into human characters... I'd be all over this. I swear, HT has its issues from time to time, but there's no beating them when they do the job right. Good lord, this figure look better the more I look at it. I'm anxious to see if they do Willem Dafoe. Please do, HT! I might consider getting these if you do!
The problem is, I don't want to get a one-figure line. Same goes for Inglourious Basterds. Make more figures and I'd be more likely to grab 'em. Having that said, with this awesome Sheen likeness, I'm hoping they fix Landa.

EDIT: Holy cow, I just noticed the boots have real fabric and laces too! HT stepped it up a notch -- again.

They already showed the lineup for this series. They are doing Dafoe :yess:

must have for me saw this in comicon

11j6uqd.jpg

If Toys2 has this for $140, I wonder if Sideshow will follow accordingly. Hopefully this will mean places like Alter Ego will have him for less than $130. If I remember right, the John Connor TS figure could be bought new at $125 when it was first released. It's been a long time since we could get new HT figures for that cheap.

Could be. I don't think Platoon or the actors would carry a high license fee. Well Dafoe might, but doubt it.

Back