Hot Toys- Platoon- Chris Taylor spec + hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has a slip that details the buckles and hair piece... but not everything... you gotta use screen caps.

I found it easier to put the amo pouches and other equipment with the metal attatching clips by taking the small locking pin completely out and then push the pouch against the utility belt. Next push the loking pin into place. You may have to angle the pin slightly to lock it into place. The clip is the same as the original locking clips found on the real deal. One other thing I noticed was that on many of the Taylor figures the boot laces are hanging loose. We always tucked the extra laces into our boots so they would not catch on anything and it also gave a more military appearence. Hope this helps.

This sounds strange, but when I got mine it did look more brown, now defiately looks more OD green now. Can't explain it but it's true. Maybe it's the light??? Oh well looks great anyway.

Guess it depends on the lighting in your room.

The helmet is a bit lighter than the uniform. But that's how it is in the film anyways.

Everything else (pouches, bags) are more darker olive drab.

the shoes, straps, and helmet on mine are OD (olive drab) but the uniform is definitely BROWN. The production stills the entire uniform is ONE color. I've contacted sideshow about sending it back (as i find it rreally annoying since all vietnam ODs are GREEN!!!) but have yet to receive a reply.

I wonder how brown some people's really are. I cant help but feel that it's due to lighting they're in.

The production photo's pouches and accessories are a slightly lighter shade of green than the uniform. Which is how mine is.

I KNOW that some people have OD green. Thats what infuriated me about getting a brown uniformed figure. Its PLATOON! VIETNAM! Sigh. Well, i sent it back anyway.

On mine, it's a dirty OD..
The uniform and gear seem to be weathered and dirty, some of the seams have a medium brown on them and there are spots that have a darker brown worked into the fabric.
Maybe it's just me but I like the way it looks. Seems like a guy whos been out in the jungle with one uniform and doing everything Taylor did in the film (digging holes, sweating, cutting his way through the jungle).

header.jpg

Added to the Cool Toy Review Photo Archive

ok every one i have every thing togeather but 1 peice ... were does the (1) bayonet with sheath GO
thanks to who ever help

Back