1/6 Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got to see the Queen Anne's Revenge and some filming locations while they were filming On Stranger Tides where I live. Neat experience to see for sure, especially for a Pirates movie.

That's awesome! Did you get to see them filming?

Nah, wasn't that much of a fan, but the local media (Gold Coast, Australia) had saturation coverage. Depp's marriage was imploding (so it was later revealed) and he was interrupting filming to jet back to the States every other week.

When he *was* here, though, he was very generous with his time for the assembled fans. Even visited a children's hospital in full Captain Jack regalia!

He also fell foul of Australian Customs by not declaring his pooches. Did you ever catch that awkward awareness video he and Amber shot as part of their punishment?

The Gold Coast (Warner Roadshow Studios) has also scored Thor: Ragnarok, Kong: Skull Island and Aquaman.

That's awesome I bet the Caribbean is really nice this time of year.

Hehe, probably is!

pirates5-poster3big.jpg

My thoughts......

Of course HT would do this....DX is one of the most sought after pieces they have made.

The will run the same formula and maybe even the same sculpt....

It will have less extras

It will be the first figure we see in the high 200.00.....I'll wager 295.00

He will sell out on PO anyway....and very quickly.

All my guesses, but this is HT's big moment to cash in on a popular old figure and not make it a re issue or 2.0

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hope they make few more figures than just Jack Sparrow(probably will), and made well.
When I owned the DX06 as much as I loved the figure, he just looked out of place by himself next to my other HT figures. Still I didn't get Angelica because she looked off to me thus the reason not selling well either. I remember when SS was giving her away for free bonus with buying a new figure.
I'm excited to see how HT will improve even further with this new Jack Sparrow.

My thoughts......

Of course HT would do this....DX is one of the most sought after pieces they have made.

The will run the same formula and maybe even the same sculpt....

It will have less extras

It will be the first figure we see in the high 200.00.....I'll wager 295.00

He will sell out on PO anyway....and very quickly.

All my guesses, but this is HT's big moment to cash in on a popular old figure and not make it a re issue or 2.0

Or because Howard luvs Johnny Depp. :dunno

I mean ffs, they made Tonto and didn't bother with the Lone Ranger. They made Ichabod and didn't bother with the Headless Horseman. They made Jack Sparrow and didn't bother with Barbossa; just Angelica, a figure nobody wanted (I know they made a lot more figures when they initially started making POTC figures, but I ain't counting those).

I'm honestly surprised they never made the Mad Hatter. That would've been a cool figure.

Or because Howard luvs Johnny Depp. :dunno

I mean ffs, they made Tonto and didn't bother with the Lone Ranger. They made Ichabod and didn't bother with the Headless Horseman. They made Jack Sparrow and didn't bother with Barbossa; just Angelica, a figure nobody wanted (I know they made a lot more figures when they initially started making POTC figures, but I ain't counting those).

I'm honestly surprised they never made the Mad Hatter. That would've been a cool figure.
I'd kill for a Mad Hatter

Same dude. His design is pretty wild; it would look great as a DX. They could throw in a table & chair with a tea set. Maybe even Cheshire or the March Hare.

I know we can never count out HT but considering that the only Depp character that has sold well for them has been Jack Sparrow, I doubt we any other Depp characters. Tonto was being given away for free by Sideshow just like Angelica. Sweeney Todd & Ichabod Crane were shelf warmers and don't go for much at all on the secondary market. It's unfortunate b/c I would love a HT Mad Hatter, updated Edward Scissorhands,

Hopefully, they go back and make a Cannibal Jack 2.0.

The new film is supposedly the beginning of a new and "final" trilogy, so if the film does well and they make two more films, we could see more figures from HT in the upcoming years.

Just curious how SS gave away free figures......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hopefully, they go back and make a Cannibal Jack 2.0.

The new film is supposedly the beginning of a new and "final" trilogy, so if the film does well and they make two more films, we could see more figures from HT in the upcoming years.
FFS I thought this was the final film? I'm happy for more POTC but this one would have to be stellar to make me comfortable with an additional 2 films after.

Isn't it usually about a week between sharing this kind of pic and the actual pre-order date?

Back