Hot Toys' Pirates of the Caribbean: ANGELICA (On Stranger Tides)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are going to tell me you are going to pass in such greatness as this:
ERI_6944.JPG

She doesn't look too bad their but certainly far from greatness as a total package. Her costume is great, sculpt I'd say is about 80-85% Cruz at best. I do like that her necklace looks much better in the final product. Need more in hand pics to give full judgment though

Sorry I don't like the bloodshot eyes, and I hate her expression. I don't think there's one scene in the movie where Angelica looks like this....?

I may be wrong

You are going to tell me you are going to pass in such greatness as this:
ERI_6944.JPG

:goodpost:

I cannot even believe people find fault with that sculpt. It is a superb likeness with realistic features.

Sorry I don't like the bloodshot eyes

But they are not bloodshot. They are painted exactly like the eyes on many male figures, that is realistically. I think some people are so used to unnaturally smooth, flawless doll heads (like Triad or many Sideshow figures of the past), that a realistic female headsculpt is a bit startling.

I want to love this figure, I really do...

With a price point nearing that of DX Sparrow (who came with 2 PERS faces, a ton of accessories, a flag, and a piece of a ____ing ship), I expect this figure to be something special. The costume looks great, the head is meh. Will be saving that cash for something a little more - WOW. :(

eprs7c.jpg

29yi3j4.jpg

vr4r2g.jpg

2m5fnnk.jpg

I found a few screen caps. Even when Angelica has a blank stare in the movie, she doesn't look like the figure. :dunno

Well I think I've done enough complaining. I'm going to wait for more pics before I decide to buy this right away or wait until the price drops. For $225, or whatever the price is, like Khonsu70 said for that price compared to DX Jack, there isn't enough accessories. I can understand why there couldn't be a second sculpt, like a sexy smile sculpt (which would have been awesome), because of her rooted hair, but as it is now, it doesn't feel like a must have to me ''yet,'' sadly.

Damn you HOT TOYS! :mad:

checked out all the pics on ToysDaily. she looks better in a few, and less than ok in others. the tailoring though is just fantastic. I am a little more tempted to get this after seeing all those pics. But I'm in no rush and figure I have time to think it over. This isn't selling out like Gordon who right now shows to have less than 40 available.

I'm so disappointed by the final product. The clothes look fantastic, but the head sucks! When I saw the first pictures of it I thought " not perfect, but I see P. Cruz in there " , but now.. I think it has not the same quality like jack has! :-/ I hope there come some better pic of it and I can change my mind...

:lol

Hey now, you used that phrase in your beloved EB Joker thread :wink1:
:rotfl Ouch you got hit hard. It's alright I'm still a non believer as well :1-1:

I'm not a believer either. I think it looks ok but not great. But there really is no point in complaining. It can't be changed now. It's not like a normal release where we can get the months and months of photoshops in before the figure ships :lol

Back