Hot Toys' Pirates of the Caribbean: ANGELICA (On Stranger Tides)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keep an eye on the pleather boots, i had 2 of these both brand new & the boots began to flake & rot as some came with an annoying crease down the front of each boot so the pleather peeled off very easy.

If you need replacement, I know Geewhiz customs recently made these boots using real leather

Oh really? Why's that if you don't mind me asking? Does it degrade being in the box? Although I was joking of course, why wouldn't I want to display this lovely figure!

It can, yes. Staying MIB doesn't guarantee the figure will be preserved, free of any damage.

The foam inserts they stick under the arm pits of many figures can fuse to suits and be problematic to fully get all the residue off, depending on the material of the outfit. Also, the plastic wrapping around some of the sculpts I'd imagine could potentially have an adverse chemical reaction with the paint apps if left on too long.

Oh really? Why's that if you don't mind me asking? Does it degrade being in the box? Although I was joking of course, why wouldn't I want to display this lovely figure!

Sad reality but cloth and leather does degrade despite you leave it in super tight box. Humidity is the reason.

Penelope Cruz is such a beautiful actress, I don't think Hot Toys did her justice.

I thought i saw a good h/s once on Facebook - I think it was a custom job (Noel Cruz?).

that being said, I still bought the figure.

I have the figure, mostly just to accent Captain Jack, since any other figure is really way out of my price range that I'd be willing to pay for it. :lol

I think it's done pretty well. Not perfect, but you can definitely see Cruz in the sculpt to where there's no doubt it's her.

Dang really huh -
@silver - that's a good thing to know! I better toss all the foam inserts before some fusing action happens here... They are kind of useless pieces so I'd rather not risk that. Thanks for the heads up. I also see Penelope in the hs tho it could be a bit better, but it's still a lovely figure.

@bunny- Hm so even the box is not safe huh. Thanks for the pointer.

What do you guys think of storing them without the boxes? I've been thinking lately of... Tossing my boxes haha. Space is tight and it'd be nice to downsize.
But I have no idea how to store them without the boxes. In a cardboard box with packing paper? But the paint might stick in time.. In a plastic wrap? Could be acidic... Not sure what to do with that.

Dang really huh -
@silver - that's a good thing to know! I better toss all the foam inserts before some fusing action happens here... They are kind of useless pieces so I'd rather not risk that. Thanks for the heads up. I also see Penelope in the hs tho it could be a bit better, but it's still a lovely figure.

@bunny- Hm so even the box is not safe huh. Thanks for the pointer.

What do you guys think of storing them without the boxes? I've been thinking lately of... Tossing my boxes haha. Space is tight and it'd be nice to downsize.
But I have no idea how to store them without the boxes. In a cardboard box with packing paper? But the paint might stick in time.. In a plastic wrap? Could be acidic... Not sure what to do with that.

Acid free tissue paper; wrap figs and store. Used to store fine linen, wedding dresses and like that; keep cool and dry. Humidity will cause rot. Some plastics/vinyl/foam will break down no matter what - even museums have problems.

Back