Hot Toys' Pirates of the Caribbean: ANGELICA (On Stranger Tides)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2hyw775.jpg
t56jyr.jpg

TO ME, it kind of looks like HT just modified The TT Cuban female :dunno

She looks completely different to me. I don't think it's a terrible sculpt, just wish it was better. Wish HT could do better rooted hair also. Barbies hair is much better than what I've seen from HT. At this price point I am going to pass.

She looks completely different to me. I don't think it's a terrible sculpt, just wish it was better. Wish HT could do better rooted hair also. Barbies hair is much better than what I've seen from HT. At this price point I am going to pass.

Their overpricing will cause them alot of passes with this imo. Should've been the Babydoll price :lecture

Hot Toys! You should be ashamed of yourselves! Making every POTC fan ...wait...And then give us this.
t02351.jpg
2db0aag.jpg

She looks zombified! Sophia has more of an expression than the Angelica figure! :slap

2e4iute.jpg

LMFAO :rotfl SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could live with the face. with me it's the hair and boots. (i have issue with her boot's...idk why???) I mean i know the ht's girls have bad hair anyway....but my silk spectre and BabyDoll's hair came fine and still is fine...Angelica's look's like a hotmess. :gah: OH and the price kinda screwed me anyway...i was gonna get her till i saw that.

Ugh it is a shame, but at that price and with this face sculpt I had to pass on this at the speed of light. It will probably be warming Sideshow's shelves a year from now though. Maybe I'll grab it then, when they are forced to try to do a sale on it.

I hate basing an opinion on just one set of pics from one person but...one of HT's worst for me so far. I hope they don't ruin Catwoman too.

Ok, NOT FUTZED. Straight out of box. Stuck the bits on her and snapped.

Apart from looking like a sex doll (I know why now, they left a strange gap in her lips). She can look bizarrely realistic from ceratin angles.
A little frustrating because what I'm seeing sitting on my desk is not what I'm seeing in these pics, but it's not the disaster I thought, I actually really like it. The real feathers on the hat are a cool touch, The outfit is fantastic. The two metal swords are great, the cross and chain amazingly detailed. And the hair well, they went to great lengths to mix different shades of red and brown to get it looking right.

It's a sweet little figure.

4-18.jpg
1-26.jpg
2-24.jpg
3-25.jpg
5-16.jpg

Great shots Rorywan!

I think she looks fantastic there, and can't wait to get her!

I agree that the way they did her hair in more than one color is pretty sweet!

If she really doesn't sell well, maybe SSC will relent and sell me a second one! :monkey1

nice pics Rory! :clap

I trust your judgment about her looking better than what pics can tell. It's usually the case and from the trend I see we tend to like the same stuff so if I can snag here later I will. Can't now with the lightcycle coming though.

WOW! Rory, she looks terrific in your pics! MUCH better than I've seen so far. I'm back to thinking about her.

What did you do to the hair? Just twist?

WOW! Rory, she looks terrific in your pics! MUCH better than I've seen so far. I'm back to thinking about her.

What did you do to the hair? Just twist?

I did practically nothing mate, yeah just twisted one piece forward.
The hair is actually very good on this.

I did practically nothing mate, yeah just twisted one piece forward.
The hair is actually very good on this.

This makes me think the other photos were taken after they tossed the head around in the wind :lol Probably not true, but your photos make this look nice instead of a train wreck.

What's the quality of the hat like Rory? Really close to cancelling this, just far too much else coming out in September :gah:

What's the quality of the hat like Rory? Really close to cancelling this, just far too much else coming out in September :gah:

Much much better in hand. It was the thing that bugged me the most in the pics we saw, but happy to report it looks good. And the use of real feathers on it is awesome.

I just canceled this yesterday but your pix are making me second-guess that decision. Can you post some shots of her without the hat on when/if you get the chance?

Damn the hair is beauty in those pics.

Totally weird lips though. If the lips were fixed it would look PC.

Back