1/6 Hot Toys: New DX Joker variations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which DX Joker would you be interested in seeing?

• Jack Napier

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Reveal Joker (1st Appearance)

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Mob/ joybuzzer Joker

Votes: 19 13.8%
  • Partyman/Museum Joker

Votes: 85 61.6%
  • Smylex Commercial Joker

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Casual Joker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Axis Lair Joker

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Gangster Broadcast Joker

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Prince's popularity was also passe by 1989. Didn't he change his name to that wierd symbol not long after this to reinvent himself?
Actually, that had nothing to do feigning popularity. He was fed up with his record company (Warner Bros) because of the stupid crap they were putting him through at the time, & as part of his subsequent response / protest to the whole situation - he changed his moniker to the symbol.

After that he started his own label.

Then the record company that his protested was right.

sigpic775_13.gif

His songs are a definite part of the nostalgia for me. I ''shoehorned'' them into my upload of the Elfman score so as to recreate the movie as best I could when I listen to the soundtrack. I don't listen to him generally but I will listen to his Batman songs

The only song I really care for hearing in the movie is The Future. I believe it is just background music in a scene. Don't remember if it really goes with the scene but always stood out for me. I do not dislike the soundtrack but can't say I will ever grab to listen to. I do have it though.

I love Prince but never liked his batman songs. Much prefer the Elfmans score. Burton wanted Michael Jackson anyway I don't think he cared for the music Prince created. The entire movie production was a bit of a mess. A lot kept changing. Casting changed. Scripts changed. People weren't happy on many different sides. They were over budget. Keaton getting all that hate mail. Burton didn't even like comic books. And a lot of other weird stuff happened. But somehow they got through it all and the movie delivered and was awesome. :)

Don't get me wrong, I dig Prince. I just think Batman would have been an even better film without them.

Burton wanted Michael Jackson anyway I don't think he cared for the music Prince created.
Wow - really? I never knew that..

The entire movie production was a bit of a mess. A lot kept changing. Casting changed. Scripts changed. People weren't happy on many different sides. They were over budget. Keaton getting all that hate mail. Burton didn't even like comic books. And a lot of other weird stuff happened. But somehow they got through it all and the movie delivered and was awesome. :)
It's amazing isn't it. The Shadows Of The Bat documentary goes into some of that, but I'm sure there's a lot more they never brought up. Just think, we could've had Sean Young as Vicky Vale.

Don't get me wrong, I dig Prince. I just think Batman would have been an even better film without them.
I know what you mean, it's all good. :)

Prince's music is perfect for the loud and funky Joker, IMO.

I voted for Jack Napier. Why?
Because that's two figures right there. One: Axis Chemicals Jack (shouldn't have a smile on his face IMO, for example this expression works all kinds of situations). Two: First reveal Joker: same outfit, second Joker headsculpt (closed mouth, eyes looking up - as he's done reading the headlines). Include his black coat, hat, burnt-through glove hand, pistol, axe and newspapers.

Burton was a huge Prince fan. And around the time when Batman was being made, Prince was uber dark.
Lovesexy/The Black album highlight this. Princes original material for Batman was much much less commercial.
I have some of it.

Tracks like "Dance with The Devil", the original version of "Rave into the joy fantastic" as well as the original version of "Electric Chair", "200 Balloons" (Joker's Theme) and nearly 10 minute dialogue version of "Batdance" were massively more interesting than what ended up in the movie.

It was Warner's and the producers who wanted something more commercial, and well they got it. The Album and singles were a huge part of the PR push, well they were in Europe anyway, where Prince was still massive.

In regards to whether his music was tonally correct or not, well Batman was supposed to be timeless, neither period or futuristic, which is why (at the time anyway) using something very modern was a good way to go. Fedora's, period costumes mixed with modern hookers on the street and the synth beats of "electric chair" playing in the background was pretty cool IMO. It may not have dated that well, but I still dig it.

Prince made the BATMAN album his own thing too. It's really about the duality of dark and light. The liner notes are very interesting. He was basically breaking Bruce Wayne, Batman, and a third part of the characters psyche (Gemini) into separate characters who spend most of the album conversing, arguing with each other about right and wrong and society.
It's a hell of a lot different and darker that what's in the movie, because Prince was big into Batman. Which is why his video's
have Prince (Gemini) playing both good and bad. Batman and Joker. There.. how much of a Prince nerd am I?

Some of the music is awkwardly wedged into the movie though.

:lol

Last edited:
Not at all, your insight is definitely appreciated. :duff

That said - knowing his back story is one thing, but acquiring his entire discography is a feat not for the faint of heart.

The dude was / is a truly prolific artist.

Burton was a huge Prince fan. And around the time when Batman was being made, Prince was uber dark.
Lovesexy/The Black album highlight this. Princes original material for Batman was much much less commercial.
I have some of it.

Tracks like "Dance with The Devil", the original version of "Rave into the joy fantastic" as well as the original version of "Electric Chair", "200 Balloons" (Joker's Theme) and nearly 10 minute dialogue version of "Batdance" were massively more interesting than what ended up in the movie.

It was Warner's and the producers who wanted something more commercial, and well they got it. The Album and singles were a huge part of the PR push, well they were in Europe anyway, where Prince was still massive.

In regards to whether his music was tonally correct or not, well Batman was supposed to be timeless, neither period or futuristic, which is why (at the time anyway) using something very modern was a good way to go. Fedora's, period costumes mixed with modern hookers on the street and the synth beats of "electric chair" playing in the background was pretty cool IMO. It may not have dated that well, but I still dig it.

Prince made the BATMAN album his own thing too. It's really about the duality of dark and light. The liner notes are very interesting. He was basically breaking Bruce Wayne, Batman, and a third part of the characters psyche (Gemini) into separate characters who spend most of the album conversing, arguing with each other about right and wrong and society.
It's a hell of a lot different and darker that what's in the movie, because Prince was big into Batman. Which is why his video's
have Prince (Gemini) playing both good and bad. Batman and Joker. There.. how much of a Prince nerd am I?

Some of the music is awkwardly wedged into the movie though.

:lol

He was a big fan of Prince but he didn't want Prince to do the music. But when you read the stories of the production of the film he really had no control. I love the story he tells about jack asking tim during filming the scene where joker and vicki are going up the stairs and jack asks tim "why are we going up?" burton replies "I don't know, we will see when you get there"... Meaning he felt WB took it over and he had lost all control. That's only 1 of many examples.

Burton does not have many fond memories of the movie. Except it got him a lot of recognition to do other films because it was successful.

Yeah, Burton didn't want it in the film. It was the producers.

Back