1/6 Hot Toys: New DX Joker variations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which DX Joker would you be interested in seeing?

• Jack Napier

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Reveal Joker (1st Appearance)

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Mob/ joybuzzer Joker

Votes: 19 13.8%
  • Partyman/Museum Joker

Votes: 85 61.6%
  • Smylex Commercial Joker

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Casual Joker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Axis Lair Joker

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • Gangster Broadcast Joker

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know what you mean after seeing TheFiend's fantastic Skiman resculpt/repaint. That thing is killer and should have been what we got with the DX 08. I still love my DX 08, but there's still things with the head that could be better.

And maybe it's just me, but I never liked the forearm socks. If they make future versions, why not just all white true type forearms?
Always glad to be given an excuse to share this.

Still my favorite figure.

The forearm socks were silly and unnecessary. All they had to do what give up white forearms and pegs. To be honest, this may be the only Jack Joker I get. A year ago I would have said I'd buy any 89 figures that would be released, but something has happened to me the last three months. Its like I've just noticed the prices. :lol $250 -$300 for a doll is really killing any excitement or "need" I have for them. Well that, and I finally have most of my main wants as far as movie figures go. A few more Star Wars figures and I may be strictly WWII and the odd Game of Thrones figure thereto decides to release.

the thing that sucks is that they could knocked out like four versions just by changing shirts, apscots and faces. But heck I am glad they are still focusing in on the 1989 movie, that means that maybe possibly they would do the same with Batman Returns, standard batman then battle damaged, selina kyle, catwoman then battle damaged as separate while the same for the penguin, oh the infinite possibilities, even then it would take a decade until they get to batman and robin.

@Fiend, I see your puffy hair Joker and I raise you my melty Museum joker... (the gloves are off.. mano et mano)
:lol

1-46.jpg
2-42.jpg

4-23.jpg

Museum Joker was my initial choice and I would PO him in a heartbeat but I actually voted for a Jack Napier figure.

Imagine if we got BOTH old and young looking Jack? :horror

So in a recent interview with NECA's Randy Falk, he mentions how they'd love to make an '89 Joker but the price of getting Nicholson is too high. So high that even if they did negotiate, it wouldn't be profitable to them as a company.

It makes me wonder how much Hot Toys paid, why they paid and if the two they've done have been profitable vs. what they paid. Sort of strange that an Asian company negotiated with Nicholson, convinced him and paid the price, but no American companies can. That's crazy to me. How did they manage to do it?

So in a recent interview with NECA's Randy Falk, he mentions how they'd love to make an '89 Joker but the price of getting Nicholson is too high. So high that even if they did negotiate, it wouldn't be profitable to them as a company.

It makes me wonder how much Hot Toys paid, why they paid and if the two they've done have been profitable vs. what they paid. Sort of strange that an Asian company negotiated with Nicholson, convinced him and paid the price, but no American companies can. That's crazy to me. How did they manage to do it?

Hot Toys is a much larger, more well known, more financially successful company than neca.

Back