Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah man, the ab mod you did turned out much sharper than mine. Do you mind sharing what process you used?

I took an XACTO knife and cut the rubber free from right under the chest in the front. I then took foam craft sheets and cut into little pieces and stuffed them under the rubber to pad the abs out. that's it.

I find that you can turn his waist a lot! Just takes effort as you are trying to hold on to the body and the inner and outter rubber suit is sticky and keeps holding them together making it very difficult to turn. I think I got him to almost twist his waist by 45degrees
:borg:

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a relatively safe way to remove the legs/or hips so I can more easily get at the abdomen by removing the rubber entirely. I saw a post awhile back for expanding the abs, but it required taking him apart and removing some of the plastic mechanical chest piece to make room for expanding the sides of the abs.

if i got a mark 3 is it a guarantee that his abs will fade ? i ve heard different things , some do, some dont.

Need some advice. I found a second hand battle damaged Mark III in good condition. Guy is asking $130, good deal or pass? I want an IM suit but unsure if this is a decent deal or just wait it out for a new figure.

i m betting that with the m4 and m5 coming out soon , that the m3 price will drop . but thats a good deal.

I'm sure the original M3 price will drop, but I don't know about the BD- espescially the EX. Seems to me like this is the quintessential IM look. So far, I'm not as crazy about the M4, but I will admit M6 is pretty neat looking, and the triangular reactor light stands out.
My BD's not showing any fading either. One thing I hope everyone keeps in mind is that you should never display anything in direct sunlit areas. Sunlight will fade stuff.

Hey folks! Got an BD MarkIII 2 weeks ago and i am totally thrilled!
But i keep wondering if my figure lacks one particular piece!

Namely the little piece on his right arm that you can swipe out when you have already expanded the armor! I attached two photos to show what i mean! One is with this little piece and the other is mine, where it is lacking (with the AC/DC Soundtrack in the background)!

Has this something to do with the Exclusive Edition?! Cause I got the normal version!

Many thanks in advance!

I got it from a dealer in Cologne who sells stuff like that! But it wasn't opened or anything! That's for sure! Mh.....you guys think I should contact sideshow support?!

I already attached a picture of his expanded wrist gauntlet on my original post, but i took another close-up picture where you should clearly see that the little silver piece is missing. And i am quite sure that it didn't fell off during unboxing.

Back