Hot Toys-MS 110- IRON MAN-MARK III (Battle Damaged) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
apparently halogen light bulbs that are covered by glass give off very small amounts of UV
however, small is not enough, how do we stop the dreaded UV rays all together from attacking our prized possessions?

I can only think of LEDs ATM.. btw the heat these halogen bulbs give out does not help either
:borg:

Hmm dang. So the paint on the abs and crotch,butt area is different enough again to fade differently over time or under exposure .... should post it on FB or send them an email complaint to at least point this out to make sure the next release of M4,5,6 does not suffer the same fate AGAIN!

Will they actually take note though? you know how well they go when major flaws materialize.

yeah they try only so much about fixing things but they do try. I do believe they want to bring out the best so giving them a headsup may help. This particular situation I do believe it is a problem from the supply side as I doubt they produce the paint themselves and this time around it's definetely not a process related issue. I just hope they realize that even painting all parts instead of relying on colored plastic/rubber won't avoid the discoloration and maybe they can add a layer of UV filtering finish or source a better supplier for the paint. Gotto try

yeah they try only so much about fixing things but they do try. I do believe they want to bring out the best so giving them a headsup may help. This particular situation I do believe it is a problem from the supply side as I doubt they produce the paint themselves and this time around it's definetely not a process related issue. I just hope they realize that even painting all parts instead of relying on colored plastic/rubber won't avoid the discoloration and maybe they can add a layer of UV filtering finish or source a better supplier for the paint. Gotto try

im all for trying
my BD is also starting to fade, i have mine angled and i realized that the diaper is lighter on one side more than the other. so i am guessing it is to do with light.
im pretty annoyed because i only just got this a couple of months ago.
ive been looking into protecting them from the UV by changing the light bulb but apparently what i have is already the best i can do with out blacking out the windows and re wiring the roof so it can fit spotlight LED's
they need to sort the paint or the rubber which ever one it is.
let me know how we go about this.

I have seen all sorts of LED Bulbs that fit into normal sockets but at $30 COME ON??!!

I have seen all sorts of LED Bulbs that fit into normal sockets but at $30 COME ON??!!

could you link me to some?
im having a hard time finding one to replace the existing regular light bulb
it has to emit enough light to light up the room just the same though that is the problem as i share the room with my wife.

Philips LED solutions at Home Depot
I also rememebr seeing some to replace MR15s but they are all $$$
But I guess for the sae of our collection I may jsut have to pick up a few of these :(
BTW these seem pretty bright in the demo setup but I guess ultimately gotto buy one and try and return if no good

i got one of those led lights
there actually worth the buy.
bright as a normal bulb and makes me happy because i know it wont fade my collectibles.

I picked some up too. Was confused with all the selection. Bought the 155 lumins with 40,000 hour life bulb and a smaller 30 lumin for the closet light (hope it's bright enough). Spent 50 bucks on bulbs... but I'm thinking they'll be worth it.

but keep in mind for the price you can get those LED strips from ikea that can cover 4 shelves!

oh right that's what you guys were aiming for.....
so installed yet? any good?

Not yet... I won't be back at my apartment until tomorrow night... but I'll be sure to let you guys know too.

EDIT:

Well, 155 Lumens is really not enough to light up a whole room. This bulb was $30... I may have to go with the $50-70 ones.

Last edited:
Well it depends on the square footage. The bulb cant get across to the other side for me, it's a little dark on one side of the room.

Back