Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what that article is talking about. He's not in the Iron Monger BAF line - Mark 42, Iron Patriot, and Ultron are that last three in that line. Wouldn't surprise me if that never gets released now :lol

Not sure what that article is talking about. He's not in the Iron Monger BAF line - Mark 42, Iron Patriot, and Ultron are that last three in that line. Wouldn't surprise me if that never gets released now :lol

The second half of that line was supposed to be all Movie figures so they have ditched him and put Ultron in his place.

I can only assume the true extent of the story was kept away from toy producers to stop spoilers. They would only have been given promotional material a short synopsis/biograph of the character.

Yeah there was a whole bait a switch thing with Kingsley in the trailers. Half of his lines from those weren't even in the film. And nearly all of his screen time in character was in those trailers or talk show clips.

I have no idea where Lego got their Ultimate Showdown Mandarin and Iron Man set from :lol

76008-Iron-Man-vs.-The-Mandarin-Ultimate-Showdown.jpg

Seems to me Marvel really screwed over some of their licensees with the twist. Both HT and Lego fell for it. Hasbro seems to have avoided it though.

I noticed half his dialog was missing when I realised all he does was about the president Ellis

There is no reason not to make the figure, I want it like many others. Those are huge enterprises not kids I don't think anyone was tricked, HT stuff is different but the others they just have to make toys, its simple :lol

Last edited:
These films are made for the masses so they can make as much money as possible. They aren't concerned with sticking to the comics literally if it can't translate to a movie that the masses will go see. I think they thought if they stuck to the Madarin story from the comics then it would have affected the movie's box office prospects. I think they wrre right and made the right choice.

I do agree that the trailers were a bit misleading but in the end the move did have a great villain imo..

Yeah there was a whole bait a switch thing with Kingsley in the trailers. Half of his lines from those weren't even in the film. And nearly all of his screen time in character was in those trailers or talk show clips.

I have no idea where Lego got their Ultimate Showdown Mandarin and Iron Man set from :lol

76008-Iron-Man-vs.-The-Mandarin-Ultimate-Showdown.jpg

Seems to me Marvel really screwed over some of their licensees with the twist. Both HT and Lego fell for it. Hasbro seems to have avoided it though.

Wasn't Hasbro also bought out by Disney? If so, make sense to have had an inside scope

These films are made for the masses so they can make as much money as possible. They aren't concerned with sticking to the comics literally if it can't translate to a movie that the masses will go see. I think they thought if they stuck to the Madarin story from the comics then it would have affected the movie's box office prospects. I think they wrre right and made the right choice.

I do agree that the trailers were a bit misleading but in the end the move did have a great villain imo..

Spoiler Spoiler:

I really enjoyed seeing the film today, but all I can say about the whole 1/6 Mandarin figure is that yeah, I'll definitely buy one
Spoiler Spoiler:

I really enjoyed seeing the film today, but all I can say about the whole 1/6 Mandarin figure is that yeah, I'll definitely buy one
Spoiler Spoiler:

Him and Pepper are my most wanted IM3 figures, and the lack of info is really killing me... :( I hope HT is making the prototypes at least

Him and Pepper are my most wanted IM3 figures, and the lack of info is really killing me... :( I hope HT is making the prototypes at least

Yeah its almost sad how the figures I want most after seeing the film are Mech Test 2.0 Tony, Aldrich, and Pepper. Most of the suits were just "meh" to me.

Yeah its almost sad how the figures I want most after seeing the film are Mech Test 2.0 Tony, Aldrich, and Pepper. Most of the suits were just "meh" to me.

Yeah thats exactly how I feel... :( but I am getting 10 suits, but I'm far more intrested in the main characters

Extremis juice.

:drool

Spoiler Spoiler:

I think it was a genius move because no one saw it coming. What better way for a business man who is hell bent in creating an army of super humans to create a terrorist ruse to distract the world while he goes about implementing his plan in secret? I loved it.

You willll neeeevvvver seeee meee cominnnnggggg, I certainly did not. I will give them that.

Back