Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece 1/6 Mandarin Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol @ This figure.

Wasn't really that interested in this figure before watching the movie. But after watching the movie, I think my interest level went up :lol Enough for me to purchase? Maybe not. But still, I don't think I'd mind owning it for chuckles :lol

Edit: I don't know if I have "chuckles" money though .....

I loved the film and still think there is more to this character but thats my opinion, i also think this will be a sleeper hit and i shall get this, the tailoring looks spot on

I know that the Mandarin is an iconic villain in IM canon,
Spoiler Spoiler:

If Scarlett Witch makes it into the Avengers in her true nature, there may be a possibility...

Last edited:
It's official, Aldrich Killian IS the Mandarin. Shane Black even mentions that the terrorist image acted as his proxy, sort of like an idealized persona created for the sake of anonymity. So if anything, aside from being a hilarious character, this figure still retains some cred given how it's still pretty closely tied to Killian's character.

Last edited:
Tide seems to be turning towards getting this figure! YES!
However I had my doubts HT will actually produce it.
Now I have none. IM3 is a gargantuan hit worldwide. We will get Mandarin(BK) and true one(Killian)..HT will also do Pepper. HT will produce stuff for this movie like they had no interest in any other license...oh wait..

I love villain characters / figures. And although "Trevor" turned out to be the furthest thing from a twisted, maniacal villain, his look IS fantastic. That said, I'm not spending $250 on him.

Unless he comes with the hookers.

After seeing the movie twice now and thinking back on the time leading up to the movie, it's really fascinating how they set this up:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Why would they reboot it? According to Feige they'll just switch out actors and keep it going if needed, like Bond.

Because the best part of any super hero story is when the person becomes or learns of his abilities. After that its like stretching pizza dough over and over until it gets so thin is falls apart...its inevitable.

Yeah there was a whole bait a switch thing with Kingsley in the trailers. Half of his lines from those weren't even in the film. And nearly all of his screen time in character was in those trailers or talk show clips.

I have no idea where Lego got their Ultimate Showdown Mandarin and Iron Man set from :lol

76008-Iron-Man-vs.-The-Mandarin-Ultimate-Showdown.jpg

Seems to me Marvel really screwed over some of their licensees with the twist. Both HT and Lego fell for it. Hasbro seems to have avoided it though.

Its amazing he even took the role after seeing the film. As a classically trained actor, it seems like something that would have been beneath him. Glad he took it though. It paid off big in the way they wanted it to. Whether fans liked that or not seems to be he bigger issue though.

Yeah there was a whole bait a switch thing with Kingsley in the trailers. Half of his lines from those weren't even in the film. And nearly all of his screen time in character was in those trailers or talk show clips.

I have no idea where Lego got their Ultimate Showdown Mandarin and Iron Man set from :lol

76008-Iron-Man-vs.-The-Mandarin-Ultimate-Showdown.jpg

Seems to me Marvel really screwed over some of their licensees with the twist. Both HT and Lego fell for it. Hasbro seems to have avoided it though.

I would have paid extra to see Mandarin driving that little clown car and kicking Tony's iron arse with it.
If HT release the Mandarin, i am making a 1/6 version of that car.

If it's all about accuracy, it would be RDJ 3..

:lol

:exactly: Well played.

It's official, Aldrich Killian IS the Mandarin. Shane Black even mentions that the terrorist image acted as his proxy, sort of like an idealized persona created for the sake of anonymity. So if anything, aside from being a hilarious character, this figure still retains some cred given how it's still pretty closely tied to Killian's character.

Not in the "Liam Neeson was actually Ra's Ah Ghul" sense. He's "Mandarin" in the "he was the actual source of evil" sense.

Back