Hot Toys - MMS539 - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first time adding rooting hair to this head but I'm just not a 100% sold on the finished look. I'll be improve the next go around.
20201007_203058-01-01.jpg
20201007_203424-01-01.jpg
20201007_210000-02-01.jpg

Thanks guys! I've done other heads before but just my firts time doing Star- Lord. I wanted to give an 'in action' look for the hair. Waiting on boots to arrive to do some cool dynamic pics. Im planning go do a few more for my collection.

BBTS is shipping this out now. My order's currently processing.

I think this is my first Hot Toys figure since Netflix Punisher years ago.

Can’t believe how cheap this is at TBA. Worth picking up, any bad points?

I mean where did you actually get the hair material? As I was looking to do this myself.

The artists that do my figures with rooted hair use Tibetan lamb wool. I've tried rooting a figure before with it and it looks and works great. I bought mine off eBay, but I believe you can order it from many places.

Quite happy with this guy! Not much attention for him tho. Really love the “mandalas of light” Dr Strange disc things for the pose. Nearly have my IW display complete!

I should really get this figure soon. I just got into playing guardians of the galaxy the game on PS5 and my love for the characters is back and so I hope to build them up. This and rocket from Endgame should be the first I still hope they release Drax also and mantis from IW but I have a feeling we'll see them from Thor L&T.

I should really get this figure soon. I just got into playing guardians of the galaxy the game on PS5 and my love for the characters is back and so I hope to build them up. This and rocket from Endgame should be the first I still hope they release Drax also and mantis from IW but I have a feeling we'll see them from Thor L&T.
Excellent, I didn't know that !! Small chance, but maybe, just maybe we'll get a Drax 2,0.

Last chance will be GotG 3

https://screenrant.com/thor-4-love-thunder-characters-confirmed/

Are Drax and Mantis confirmed for Thor L&T ??
I assume so since they are apart of the team and last we saw them was in endgame. Although we only saw Star-lord, Nebula, and Sean Gunn's character on set I imagine the entire Guardians are in the movie. It just sucks HT hasn't released IW Drax and Mantis as I really want Drax I regret not getting the GOTG1 figure, Hell we never got the GOTG V2 Drax either. Smh

I assume so since they are apart of the team and last we saw them was in endgame. Although we only saw Star-lord, Nebula, and Sean Gunn's character on set I imagine the entire Guardians are in the movie. It just sucks HT hasn't released IW Drax and Mantis as I really want Drax I regret not getting the GOTG1 figure, Hell we never got the GOTG V2 Drax either. Smh

Yeah I agree, I would really like a Drax and Mantis for my collection also. However, I was on the fence about getting the first version of Drax a few years ago because I just didn’t like the body that they used for him, I think he is too small overall and the upper body just looks wonky to me. I have been holding out hope that the next version of Drax will be a bit larger with an upper body sort of like what they did with the recent Hellboy release.

You were too quick ! I found that article which officially/inofficially ?? confirms them in it. Either way I can't imagine they will have big roles.

Given Bautistas dislike of Disney since the Gunn firing, and Drax being made into a buffoon for IW & EG, I have a feeling he'll want Drax killed off in a heroic way in GotG3. Gunn could make use of that in a big way especially with emotional hooks to Mantis.

That is just fan-fiction of course. But I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. (see Gunns style with Suicide Squad and with Yondu). Surely that will make Hot Toys want to capitalise on Drax.

But as Omega said, I am also a big supporter of a Drax 2,0 with a Hellboy type upper body. If they re-use that old skinny Drax body with just different coloured pants I won't be happy.

If HT are prepared to do a body like that for Hellboy which surely wouldn't have sold a heap of figures, surely they could also do it for Drax 2,0

Back