Hot Toys - MMS539 - Infinty War - Star-Lord

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this one was pretty low on my list but with the recent Vol. 3 trailer, it looks like this figure will be the final time Star-Lord's got the red Ravager look (pretty low odds Love & Thunder or Holiday Special SL gets made).

Sideshow recently had this one on their Daily Deals and while I was deciding on whether to pick it up, it completely sold out.

A little searching on other retailers though and it turns out Popcultcha still has these in-stock, and at a sale price lower than SS had it. Even better though because it's the holidays, they've got a extra 20% off code: "BOXING" until the 2nd.

With the conversion from AUD to USD, the total came out to slightly less than half of retail with shipping quoted. Of note, these can only be sold internationally outside of Australia due to new battery safety standards.

So if you're still on the fence two years later, this may be the sign.

Avengers 3: Infinity War - Star-Lord 1/6th Scale Hot Toys Action Figure

Last edited:
So this one was pretty low on my list but with the recent Vol. 3 trailer, it looks like this figure will be the final time Star-Lord's got the red Ravager look (pretty low odds Love & Thunder or Holiday Special SL gets made).

Sideshow recently had this one on their Daily Deals and while I was deciding on whether to pick it up, it completely sold out.

A little searching on other retailers though and it turns out Popcultcha still has these in-stock, and at a sale price lower than SS had it. Even better though because it's the holidays, they've got a extra 20% off code: "BOXING" until the 2nd.

With the conversion from AUD to USD, the total came out to slightly less than half of retail with shipping quoted. Of note, these can only be sold internationally outside of Australia due to new battery safety standards.

Great price. Thank you for the tip on this...I was also on the fence but at $140 shipped, I pulled the trigger. Agree that this may be the last ravager style look...either way, great deal on the figure

Pulled the trigger as well. That's too good a deal to pass up, and I'm not a fan of the team uniform look from the upcoming film.

EDIT: FYI, it doesn't look like you can use points AND the Boxing code. It's either or.

Last edited:
This is a great figure...really didn't realize it til I had him in hand and on display.

Has anyone done a shirt swap? Wondering how impossible that jacket is to remove.

Not to mention that Vol.3 promos have omitted or has not shown some form of helmet. May be the last one to have the red uniform AND the classic mask.

Posted in the wrong thread earlier :slap

I decided to get this Star-Lord mainly beacuse I don't really like the costumes in the new movie. Some guy was taunting me the other day beacuse the new costumes are comic-accurate and comic readers will celebrate these; and MCU fanboys know nothing about Guardians really :ROFLMAO: Well, I don't read Marvel comics, so what? Just because these are the comic costumes doesn't mean you have to like them in live-action. I don't think they make for appealing figures either but that's my opinion, I respect others' though.

Anyway, that's why I opted for this version. I'm not planning on completing the whole Guardians anyway but I will have to get the new Gamora - who is inevitable imo - and I'll probably get the Holiday Mantis down the road as well; she could be a typical 50% sale figure I guess.

I decided to get this Star-Lord mainly beacuse I don't really like the costumes in the new movie. Some guy was taunting me the other day beacuse the new costumes are comic-accurate and comic readers will celebrate these; and MCU fanboys know nothing about Guardians really :ROFLMAO: Well, I don't read Marvel comics, so what? Just because these are the comic costumes doesn't mean you have to like them in live-action. I don't think they make for appealing figures either but that's my opinion, I respect others' though.

Anyway, that's why I opted for this version. I'm not planning on completing the whole Guardians anyway but I will have to get the new Gamora - who is inevitable imo - and I'll probably get the Holiday Mantis down the road as well; she could be a typical 50% sale figure I guess.
This might be the last one with a actual mask too...

He has no mask on in any promotional material for Vol.3 at the moment...

Not to mention that Vol.3 promos have omitted or has not shown some form of helmet. May be the last one to have the red uniform AND the classic mask.
This might be the last one with a actual mask too...

He has no mask on in any promotional material for Vol.3 at the moment...
IMG_20220503_012218.jpg

So close… so tantalizingly close…

Crazy I haven’t seen the classic helmet on this. Would make this the only Star-Lord I’d ever need.

Seems none of the cast wanted to get into shape any more for the third movie. So they're all wearing jackets. Drax included.

All I can hope is they finally release another Drax for this movie, and if it has to be the old scrawny Drax with jacket, then OK so be it. I'll take it off and display him in all his scrawniness.

Seems none of the cast wanted to get into shape any more for the third movie. So they're all wearing jackets. Drax included.

All I can hope is they finally release another Drax for this movie, and if it has to be the old scrawny Drax with jacket, then OK so be it. I'll take it off and display him in all his scrawniness.
Yep, lol - even Groot looks like a dude in a fat tree suit.

I've not been a fan of MCU GotG but I'm curious to see how they turn out if HT does them in the suits. Since it's mostly comic-accurate, if it's a case where the figure looks better than the real-life counterpart, I'm interested in purchasing.

Dave’s been pretty open that he’s struggled hard to stay in superhero shape. He’s 54, his body is a mess from years of wrestling, and it’s taken its toll. All the characters subjected to hours of makeup and painful prosthetics are also ready to just put that behind them. I get it.

I actually hope they can do a recast down the line to keep the characters going. Drax the Destroyer has had many major body and personality changes over the years.

Will the comic readers really celebrate these new costumes? I'd like to see how their party goes. :cautious: Lol!

You'll always get those keyboard warrior gatekeepers who think they have some entitled status to the Marvel (or any publisher) universe because they once read the original comics. I think GOTG is the one MCU series where some of the characters strayed farthest from the original comic versions in every way, but no one really cares, seems to be affected or is really shedding tears or mobilizing protests over it. The comic readers' celebration won't fix any of that. Those films drew billions of dollars and countless new fans to the MCU and GOTG franchise in ways that the comics never did, but you'll still have those "ACKCHYUALLY" types who insist upon their truth.

When was the last time film costumes were comic accurate anyway? I think that ended with Christopher Reeve's Superman films and maybe Roger Corman's Fantastic Four. Those days are over. Not even the MCU Iron Man armours are completely accurate to comic versions. Okay, I'll admit, Hulk's ripped pants were awfully comic accurate to the point of being comically ridiculous. The cinematic universes of any comic property are interpretations of the original comics with every aspect of the character reconsidered and that includes the costumes. In most cases the success of the films feeds back into the comics to influence the characters' new look and overall characterization. I don't particularly like the new GOTG uniforms either due to their lack of screen appeal, despite how comic accurate they might be. My GOTG figure collection is near complete and once Mantis is added it will look pretty fantastic as it is. No need for the new dull costumes to mess up that collection presence.

DpQ9YJl.png

Back