1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe it took a 3rd party this long to make a Bucky from TFA. Will look nice with TFA Cap and/or Rescue Cap. Sculpt looks passable. Would have to see better pictures of it.

If that sculpt doesn't work, maybe this one could be better, even if it is more of a 'modern' Bucky, but with short hair.

10_95c37740-6b64-476f-a77a-58ff23b690fe_753x608.jpg

10_61402d7b-1590-4551-b0f6-d93ff1be9daf_631x700.jpg

Well, contacted Sideshow to see if they had any Bucky Barnes Infinity War and they had some in stock. Call it an early Father's Day present for myself. Can't wait to put him next to IW Cap.

Can't believe it took a 3rd party this long to make a Bucky from TFA. Will look nice with TFA Cap and/or Rescue Cap. Sculpt looks passable. Would have to see better pictures of it.

If that sculpt doesn't work, maybe this one could be better, even if it is more of a 'modern' Bucky, but with short hair.

Yeah, that could work. After so much time I'd just be happy to get a reasonable TFA Bucky. The customs I've seen are out of reach $$$:horror

Well, contacted Sideshow to see if they had any Bucky Barnes Infinity War and they had some in stock. Call it an early Father's Day present for myself. Can't wait to put him next to IW Cap.

Hope you are impressed when you open the box - HT at their best, IMO:clap.

That third party doesn't look too shabby at all! Sculpt obviously isn't perfect but the outfit looks great! I got the outfit for my custom TFA Bucky from Gee Whiz a few years ago and it's a great outfit, but needless to say I wish they'd done this third party figure sooner :lol

That third party doesn't look too shabby at all! Sculpt obviously isn't perfect but the outfit looks great! I got the outfit for my custom TFA Bucky from Gee Whiz a few years ago and it's a great outfit, but needless to say I wish they'd done this third party figure sooner :lol

But, you get what you pay for. I am not bashing this fig which I hope to own. But - like the AC Play civvie Bucky - like the shoes were just wrong (copies of the lower part of the TWS HT Bucky) and drove me crazy; so bought new 1/6 hiking boots$$$, and then there was the ankle peg problem:banghead. There's not a switchout gloved hand. There is some other stuff that bother me - can't remember it all. The rooted hair would pop the hat off.

IMO there's good stuff with 3rd party but for me I think I have had to tinker with any 3rd party I've gotten - it's OK, u pay less at the start, but for me I end up paying as much for an HT or more!:cool:

View attachment 484556

View attachment 484555

Where this head is coming from ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But, you get what you pay for. I am not bashing this fig which I hope to own. But - like the AC Play civvie Bucky - like the shoes were just wrong (copies of the lower part of the TWS HT Bucky) and drove me crazy; so bought new 1/6 hiking boots$$$, and then there was the ankle peg problem:banghead. There's not a switchout gloved hand. There is some other stuff that bother me - can't remember it all. The rooted hair would pop the hat off.

IMO there's good stuff with 3rd party but for me I think I have had to tinker with any 3rd party I've gotten - it's OK, u pay less at the start, but for me I end up paying as much for an HT or more!:cool:

Oh yeah absolutely. I tweaked with the AC Play Lagos Scarlet Witch - replaced the head sculpt with the HT one, replaced the shoes to be more accurate to her boots in the movie (as someone who owns those boots, the figure not having the correct boots bugged me :lol ) but yeah, I'd be tweaking things for this figure too, but it's a great starting point for someone who wants TFA Bucky - better than not having anything at all!

Oh yeah absolutely. I tweaked with the AC Play Lagos Scarlet Witch - replaced the head sculpt with the HT one, replaced the shoes to be more accurate to her boots in the movie (as someone who owns those boots, the figure not having the correct boots bugged me :lol ) but yeah, I'd be tweaking things for this figure too, but it's a great starting point for someone who wants TFA Bucky - better than not having anything at all!

Yeah, that's how I look at it. I have enough HTs I figure I can have a "reasonable variant" mixed in here and there. Or switch out something that really bothers me, hopefully.

Still - when HT is on, they are really on. On the shelf, since I've had IW Bucky for a while, still am stunned by the sculpt. HT absolutely nailed it. Arm, costume, rifle; a pleasure to work with. :clap

Yeah, at least there's an option for a TFA Bucky now.... I never even bought a TFA Cap for that reason.

A Howling Commandos Bucky was second only to a Thor 1 Loki for a long time for me (Thor 1 Loki is still a grail piece - LIKE, SOOOO MUCH :gah:).

Well, since I've been home on furlough, and bored, I decided to order Bucky Barnes last week since Sideshow had some in stock. Got him yesterday. Yes, the left arm was very sticky and I was afraid I was going to break it when I started to loosen it. Patience is a virtue. Not too keen on that "snap" arm so it is left in the box. He does look great with Infinity Cap. Looking at my collection, Bucky does add a lot to the fold. The blue and green really stick out on the shelf. Can't wait to get Cap Endgame. Have a spot right there for him.Bucky.jpgBuck and Cap.jpgCollection.jpg

I keep the plastic around the neck on some figures, especially if they have known issues with paint bleed.

Also, Bucky rocks, but Civil War Bucky feels like the War Machine Mark 2 of the Bucky figures line to me.

Great display CPT!! :clap:clap:clap

I keep the plastic around the neck on some figures, especially if they have known issues with paint bleed.

Also, Bucky rocks, but Civil War Bucky feels like the War Machine Mark 2 of the Bucky figures line to me.

Ah, Civil War - part of the Golden Age of MCU collecting - at least I was blowing money right and left.:cool: Excellent fig after fig....well, yeah, have mixed feelings about CW Bucky....

buckynat2cw.jpg

Sturdy and easy to work with, shiny shiny arm. Then there's the generic sculpt, curve soles on the boots make him hard to pose, IMO needed a shield and the too-short pants that pull out of the boots. Happy enough with him tho the IW fig is *insane* by comparison. Plus, CW Bucky IMO looks outstanding with Concept Cap.

(Also I just left the plastic on IW Bucky - don't notice it a lot of time anyway!)

Great display CPT!! :clap:clap:clap

Ah, Civil War - part of the Golden Age of MCU collecting - at least I was blowing money right and left.:cool: Excellent fig after fig....well, yeah, have mixed feelings about CW Bucky....

View attachment 485088

Sturdy and easy to work with, shiny shiny arm. Then there's the generic sculpt, curve soles on the boots make him hard to pose, IMO needed a shield and the too-short pants that pull out of the boots. Happy enough with him tho the IW fig is *insane* by comparison. Plus, CW Bucky IMO looks outstanding with Concept Cap.

(Also I just left the plastic on IW Bucky - don't notice it a lot of time anyway!)

That black widow with a jacket looks cool - where did you get the jacket?

Back