1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we're fortunate enough to get a short haired sculpt, I'd love to do a 'bash of Howling Commando Bucky. :) The Bucky "evolution" just doesn't quite feel complete without it...

If we're fortunate enough to get a short haired sculpt, I'd love to do a 'bash of Howling Commando Bucky. :) The Bucky "evolution" just doesn't quite feel complete without it...

:exactly: I would love a figure of that look, really wish Hot Toys had made one.

263af91bd3e4dd0039ead4741a4afde9.jpg

67a81603f8ff218376f1f5e19b93410d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So my Buck arrived today and gotta say, that headsculpt is some quality work! Love it! Not really my favorite character by any stretch and he was rather bland/underutilized in IW, however HT did a phenomenal job with that sculpt and that hair that I had to pick him up! Very satisfied with my purchase! :clap

Oh, and btw Buff...you were right, his chrome arm was stiff AF! Even more so than the CW one. I recall that one being pretty tight, but this one was next level. I tried being gentle with it, but to no avail. The only option was to give that stiffy a firm grip and a hard tug and I eventually got it flaccid enough to bend. :horror :rotfl

Some cell phone shots below.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

New look at Bucky from the new show...i kinda love it
1573546299790.jpg

Annnd...because im too lazy to look for the falcon thread lol
72873649_484041442204866_5259883587770319897_n.jpg

If Hot Toys makes a figure of that, I'd gladly throw more money their way. I'm really liking the red detailing, I wasn't expecting that.

I was really curious about the star design on IW Bucky's box, since that iteration of the character lacks one...So I was wondering if Hot Toys knew something that we didn't, seeing that the new concept art has a white, American star, back on his shoulder. :naughty

If Hot Toys makes a figure of that, I'd gladly throw more money their way. I'm really liking the red detailing, I wasn't expecting that.

I was really curious about the star design on IW Bucky's box, since that iteration of the character lacks one...So I was wondering if Hot Toys knew something that we didn't, seeing that the new concept art has a white, American star, back on his shoulder. :naughty

Some of the IW concept art still has him with a star and even a silver arm, like it was just a rebuilt arm. Like some of the concept art has BW with red hair. Think the star is just symbol for WS, like Cap with the star and shield. Cap is still Cap in IW even tho he had pulled the star off his uniform. Or the hourglass for BW.

Happy for my stash of more *feral* Buckys tho if HT makes a TV series version I'll probably pick up. Mercifully for my wallet it will be while. 'Coz wasn't gonna do anything with Mandalorian but now am freaked out over it:monkey3 - feel myself sliding down the slippery slope of "well, if u don't pick up the Mandalorian now it will cost a lot more later, and look at the cool stand that comes with! Do it, do it, you deserve it...."
:devil

Some of the IW concept art still has him with a star and even a silver arm, like it was just a rebuilt arm. Like some of the concept art has BW with red hair. Think the star is just symbol for WS, like Cap with the star and shield. Cap is still Cap in IW even tho he had pulled the star off his uniform. Or the hourglass for BW.

Oh that's interesting. I don't suppose you have any links? :naughty
That's a good point, I don't have anything else from the IW line, so I didn't realize that Cap had his shield on his box.
Either way, I've been thinking that Bucky almost has to get his star back, since like you said, it's his symbol.
As beautiful as the Vibranium arm is, it just feels like it's missing something...

Hehe, it will be quite a switch if Marvel picks the more "groomed" look for Bucky in the future...But Mr. Stan could probably use a break from the wigs. :lol

Oh that's interesting. I don't suppose you have any links? :naughty
That's a good point, I don't have anything else from the IW line, so I didn't realize that Cap had his shield on his box.
Either way, I've been thinking that Bucky almost has to get his star back, since like you said, it's his symbol.
As beautiful as the Vibranium arm is, it just feels like it's missing something...

Hehe, it will be quite a switch if Marvel picks the more "groomed" look for Bucky in the future...But Mr. Stan could probably use a break from the wigs. :lol

Just Google infinity War winter soldier concept art and click images. They are from the Marvel book. Probably on YT too from the book. Once those books are out no way to keep a lid on the pics.:monkey3

Dunno about the hair - at least a lot of the comics I see have longer hair. That What If animated series with the Zombie Cap has IMO a more classic feral Bucky in the trailer. But I totally get the show trying to get Bucky to regroup. Like apparently? he's back in the States for one thing (I guess) but may or may not have to stay in the shadows.

I give the designers credit for dealing with the iconic silver arm in a real badass way IMO. Be fun to see what it can do, finally.

Just Google infinity War winter soldier concept art and click images. They are from the Marvel book. Probably on YT too from the book. Once those books are out no way to keep a lid on the pics.:monkey3

Dunno about the hair - at least a lot of the comics I see have longer hair. That What If animated series with the Zombie Cap has IMO a more classic feral Bucky in the trailer. But I totally get the show trying to get Bucky to regroup. Like apparently? he's back in the States for one thing (I guess) but may or may not have to stay in the shadows.

I give the designers credit for dealing with the iconic silver arm in a real badass way IMO. Be fun to see what it can do, finally.

I'll have to do that, thanks. I don't really need much of an excuse to look up pictures of my favorite Marvel character.

Hehe, from what I've seen, I'm really happy with how he turned out for the "What If" series. I was expecting him to be in his iconic, Winter Soldier apparel, but I'm not complaining at all.

Bucky sorely needs some development/coming to terms with things, so I could see him cutting his hair after leaving Wakanda, perhaps in a way to channel his "old self". I think I always thought his longer hair was less a fashion statement, and more a result of no one cutting it while he was on ice, and then him keeping it long post CA:WS, as a way to hide his face. Personally, I prefer it long, (and like you said, more in keeping with the comics) but a haircut isn't going to make me like him any less.

I'm really curious to the setup for the series, because Sam had been on the run too...Unless playing a part in saving the universe got them pardoned. :dunno

I wonder if his new arm has any upgrades/abilities that we're not aware of yet. I think he's had arms with different functions in the comics, and it would be interesting to see on screen. Plus, if Hot Toys would make a figure with multiple arm attachments, I'd be super excited. :D

Bucky looks more like a new version of Cap with that costume than Falcon does imo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'll have to do that, thanks. I don't really need much of an excuse to look up pictures of my favorite Marvel character.

Hehe, from what I've seen, I'm really happy with how he turned out for the "What If" series. I was expecting him to be in his iconic, Winter Soldier apparel, but I'm not complaining at all.

Bucky sorely needs some development/coming to terms with things, so I could see him cutting his hair after leaving Wakanda, perhaps in a way to channel his "old self". I think I always thought his longer hair was less a fashion statement, and more a result of no one cutting it while he was on ice, and then him keeping it long post CA:WS, as a way to hide his face. Personally, I prefer it long, (and like you said, more in keeping with the comics) but a haircut isn't going to make me like him any less.

I'm really curious to the setup for the series, because Sam had been on the run too...Unless playing a part in saving the universe got them pardoned. :dunno

I wonder if his new arm has any upgrades/abilities that we're not aware of yet. I think he's had arms with different functions in the comics, and it would be interesting to see on screen. Plus, if Hot Toys would make a figure with multiple arm attachments, I'd be super excited. :D

Seb Stan vaguely hinted in an interview we'd see some as-of-yet unexplored capabilities of the arm, tho he can't say much. Looking forward to that. It's in the comics anyway; the arm is sentient and can even detach and crawl around and do stuff. That would be EPIC. Possibly a bit creepy - could just see Falcon snarking about it LOL.

Back