1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

This is probably my most anticipated figure from CC. The arm and the head sculpt look fantastic. I was really looking forward to War Machine Mk4 but, after seeing the price for that guy I'm not as excited as I was. What are the guesses as far as the price for Bucky? I'm really hoping for no more than $250. I think $230 is a pipe dream [emoji20]

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Based on the 10 year Cap and the details of Bucky's costume (lots of seams) and that arm - I'm thinking $250. My fav MCU character so I'll pay (and pay). Justify to myself as - well, a fav, and the MCU is changing:google. Never know when it will be the last one. I figure Bucky's look could easily change again, whether to a Bucky Cap or whatever. :dunno

But yeah, I was all set to get WM but the price - not unexpected but high. Just can't be as free-wheeling as I've been. Have to think real hard about WM knowing they will probably have one more WM at least.

I love my Winter Soldier version too...as awesome as it is and as much as I like the character, I'm unsure at the moment as to whether I'll be picking this one up as I already have two versions of him...but... on saying that I did come out of seeing all the SDCC previews relatively unscathed (only interested in two figures shown!) so who knows!! Might have to pick him up if the price is right! :)
It was my first hot toys figure. I'm relatively new to the world of collecting hot toys. I keep telling myself to only get one of each character, but that might change in the future. :lol

It was my first hot toys figure. I'm relatively new to the world of collecting hot toys. I keep telling myself to only get one of each character, but that might change in the future. :lol
Haha oh good old days. Winter Soldier was supposed to be my only 'crazy expensive' 1/6 HT figure. :rotfl Now look at me and all the self-made rules I've broken so far. :lol

Haha oh good old days. Winter Soldier was supposed to be my only 'crazy expensive' 1/6 HT figure. :rotfl Now look at me and all the self-made rules I've broken so far. :lol

Haha. Oh, I see.
I bet. I'm trying to be responsible. :lol

I was the same. I was going to order the twins from AoU and THAT WAS IT. Then I was at a convention and saw Winter and grabbed him...... Now I have 11 official Hot Toys, three customs, and it's not stopping anytime soon :lol

I was the same. I was going to order the twins from AoU and THAT WAS IT. Then I was at a convention and saw Winter and grabbed him...... Now I have 11 official Hot Toys, three customs, and it's not stopping anytime soon :lol

Maybe it would've been good if I had HAD any kind of plan at all. Trying to think if I regret any of my figs and accumulating bins of stands, parts, and clothes. Er, nope.:devil Not so far. LOL great hobby and when you get bored you re-do entire displays.

Also, there are entire posts debating re-sell value and all that, just sayin' tho I'm really cherishing ALL my figs re the current prices:horror. Congrats to anyone scoring a great fig at a reasonable price now.

8F5E0147-0BBB-4E2A-B16F-E5C14C5DF5D0.jpeg

I see. That's not too many in the grand scheme of things. ;) As long as you have space and money, why not? :lol

The wait for this one is going to suck!

:exactly::(

Thought the wait on CW Bucky, BP, and Falcon was bad. Over a year from first reveal.

Waiting on Raganarok Loki and he's not due out till next year.:(

Guess I'd rather have them keep the quality up tho - with rising costs they need to.:gah:

I see. That's not too many in the grand scheme of things. ;) As long as you have space and money, why not? :lol

That's because I try to keep it to just the figures of characters I LOOOVE, not ones I like, or love enough. It has to be the characters I'd die for :rotfl

As for space and money..... sure....... I have those...... :lol

That's because I try to keep it to just the figures of characters I LOOOVE, not ones I like, or love enough. It has to be the characters I'd die for :rotfl

IMO this a good plan - guess I do the same, more or less. Guess it's less like I couldn't say Thor or BP are my MOST loved characters, or Doctor Strange, but I loved them enough to be real happy to have them - esp. if it's a stellar release like DS.

I figure w. the next MCU it's possible that my collecting will taper off a lot - dunno. So far Feige's future apparently "wild/cosmic??":dunno MCU - whatever that means - isn't getting me all excited except the BW solo movie. But hafta wait and see. There's still a round of whatever comes out of IW 2:panic:

I try to do the same thing.
I see.
Haha.

I wonder why Hot Toys haven't put this on their website yet. It didn't take them long to put War Machine up for order.

I wonder why Hot Toys haven't put this on their website yet. It didn't take them long to put War Machine up for order.

Guessing except for rifle and body maybe it has to do with so much new on this fig - sculpt, hair, costume, arm. E.g. factory time. Or, at least, I'd like to believe that the response to Shuri and Bucky was so positive HT realized they can't **** these figs up.:google

Plus with rising prices folks are gonna rebel more re paying a lot of money for a less-than-stellar fig.:dunno

Edit: I'll just leave this screencap - srsly :drool:drool:drool

Bucky_hongkong.jpg

I'll definitely pick this one up if it's put up for sale!

Total perfection in 1/6 form...desperate to order this guy, even though he may not grace our shelves for a looooooong time.

Total perfection in 1/6 form...desperate to order this guy, even though he may not grace our shelves for a looooooong time.

We wants it, we needs it precioussssssss.......:cool:

If u watch the Shuri/BP vid tho, T'challa looks like he's in shock:monkey3

Shuri looks great tho

Back