Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm getting the Cap and don't have the 46 so I have to right?.....

...................done:)

Damn. I was actually pretty psyched to have yet another opportunity to finally get the mark 46 but for some reason, I just can't get with how much gold is on the figure.

I guess I must have really liked the original paint job. Meh- oh well. I have the Infinity War version on pre order- that'll hold me over until I can finally justify paying 700 bucks for the civil war version one day.

I absolutely would be over a Hot Toys Iteration of a pure classic suit like this
ebf505dc09f645adadc35d7416a35f33.jpg
f542ca222c473fdee76bc80e4bf0a9b0.jpg
049da2e6576434ed319043f33c91fe07.jpg

I’m wondering if Hot toys is being influenced by these versions of iron man . I personally don’t see it in this 10th anniversary version . If they were then why use the 46 mold ? Just give us a while new body .

I think we’re going to see a nod to this in A4. There’s a blurry concept pic for A4 of iron man that shows a very similar look in paint layout to this suit. So he’ll deff have another suit besides the markL. That mark L grew on me a lot I think that will be a big money figure when it sales out

I think we’re going to see a nod to this in A4. There’s a blurry concept pic for A4 of iron man that shows a very similar look in paint layout to this suit. So he’ll deff have another suit besides the markL. That mark L grew on me a lot I think that will be a big money figure when it sales out

Agreed, although I hope it's closer to an older style than the mark 50 as I'm not a big fan of the organic look. Of course, they could surprise everyone and come up with something completely different that's more like the classic comic look.

This is a tough one. Looks cool but as of now I don’t own any figures that didn’t actually appear in the films.

I was the same way when it came to IM suits, but I've recently gone back and picked up a couple (Mk VII Stealth & Sub-Zero) that I always thought were cool and that are repaints that you could actually see Tony Stark making for specific missions (more so than Disco, for instance). Not that this fits that criteria, but who's going to judge you?

I was really looking forward to getting this figure but im really trying to justify the almost $400.00 price. I mean its pretty much a bare
Bones. Why do you guys think its so expensive? Is the gold paint made out if real gold? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No concern for judgement I just haven't had an affinity for figures that didn't have a place in the movies.

You can always tell yourself they were part of the IM3 HPP. I think more suits exploded in the sky as part of the "clean slate" than were left functioning after the final battle, so maybe they were just late to the party? :wink1:

It's a real shame they didn't include the head sculpt, collar, and empty helmet for this release.

I was thinking about picking up the open mk47 helmet from OSK to use with this, i'm not going to miss the gold stripe on the side of the helmet, but I fear the red may be a different shade.

I was really looking forward to getting this figure but im really trying to justify the almost $400.00 price. I mean its pretty much a bare
Bones. Why do you guys think its so expensive? Is the gold paint made out if real gold? [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Iron Man tax. Hot Toys knows that we will buy them at that price.

Nice figure but I’d prefer the actual Mark XLVI. Either that or I might get the Mark 50 or see what Avengers 4 offers up.

I have the mark 47, it is definitely one of the better IM figures hot toys has done, even if it has a lot of silver on it lol. This one has a lot of beautiful gold, gold for days plus its part of the 10 year wave which should hold its value pretty well many many moons from now. I cannot stress how awesome the 47 suit is, combine it with this color scheme its going to pop like a mofo. Hot toys really nailed the proportions & articulation of the 47, and honestly its one of the better designed MCU suits (although i love the mark 7 diecast too) I have a ton of hot toys diecast IM, the 47 is one of the good ones, if you don't have either the 46 or 47, this should be a no brainer (forget about the cost-its worth it too own one of the better suits-look how much the 46 and 47 are selling for on ebay nowadays, it makes the price of this one not seem too bad ::) Hell even if you already own the 46 or 47 its worth getting this one too//

I missed my chance at getting the 46 and 47 so I am really glad HT never listens to fans chanting "not another IM." I personally don't mind repaints as long as it doesn't halt production on all other figures they plan to release. But I heard there were gluing issues on the magnetic parts on 46? Not sure if this Concept Art one will have the same problem.

I have had 2 bad factory paint jobs or miss-aligned and improperly glued parts on the recent Mark 4 Diecast faceplates and had to return them. So hopefully HT can up the QC for this 10th anniversary figure.

And I will be all-in for a classic comic book Iron Man design/color scheme. Just not sure how they will sculpt all the muscle anatomy with joints and make it look clean and close to seamless. At least the human figures can use those new rubber type bodies with little visible joints but doubt that will work for an IM with shiny metallic colors.
The Avengers 4 IM suit looks pretty close but not sure if it will have that green arc reactor which I'm not sold on yet. And it's not a full circle shaped like the comic. I guess HT mainly get movie design deals and licenses. So probably won't see a comic rendition any time soon. If they do then I will also be all over a "Mcfarlane" style Spider-Man figure with big eyes and a more muscular body type.

If you'are talking to me, yeah I wouldn't mind it if the magnets came off and just had to reglue them. But still hoping they won't have that problem.

If it had paint app damage or miss glued eyes like the MK IV that I had, then it was a problem for me. I did not want to take the entire eye lens out for fear of breaking it in half.

Magnets have been coming off for years, after 30 plus IM figures i kind of expext it at this point. I always have some glue ready to go when i pull one out of the box.

Back