Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this was a unique design with that color scheme I'd be very tempted, but as it's just a repaint of the Mark 46 I'll be passing.

I'd usually feel that way myself, but I actually think this looks better than 46. I always thought it had too much red.

It is too bad they didn't actually make the armor from the concept art though.

I'd usually feel that way myself, but I actually think this looks better than 46. I always thought it had too much red.

It is too bad they didn't actually make the armor from the concept art though.

I still prefer the 46. Not that this one looks bad by any means, but it feels a bit off when I look at it, like they've painted things to match the concept art pattern regardless of the contours of the suit. The shoulders in particular look off to me as a result.

I like the mark 46 and 47 better then this version. I sold both of those . I’m gonna stick with the classic suits . Easy pass.

Just curious, which ones do you consider the classics?

Because 46 is based off bleeding edge (which is popular in the comics) and this one is modeled after the classic red and gold.

I quite like the Mark XLVI, and this looks like a nice repaint, I may bite later on. However my only criticism is that I'd like the inner shoulder 'mechanics' to be silver/gunmetal instead of the gold color.

I still prefer the 46. Not that this one looks bad by any means, but it feels a bit off when I look at it, like they've painted things to match the concept art pattern regardless of the contours of the suit. The shoulders in particular look off to me as a result.

Agreed

Dont care for any recolors but all this is a testament to how great the original armor design itself is for the 46. Its timeless organic yet "robotic" design is the perfect fit for modern ironman.

Dont care for any recolors but all this is a testament to how great the original armor design itself is for the 46. Its timeless organic yet "robotic" design is the perfect fit for modern ironman.

Agree with you completely, that is the reason I like the Mark XLVI.

I quite like the Mark XLVI, and this looks like a nice repaint, I may bite later on. However my only criticism is that I'd like the inner shoulder 'mechanics' to be silver/gunmetal instead of the gold color.

Just as a reminder, lots of people panned the mk 47 as a lazy recolor..... and then look at what happened haha! So hopefully you decide one way or another soon!

Just curious, which ones do you consider the classics?

Because 46 is based off bleeding edge (which is popular in the comics) and this one is modeled after the classic red and gold.

I never read the comics but to me the Mark IV & VI are the more traditional looks . They look more like what a think of when imagining IRON MAN . To each there own .

Just as a reminder, lots of people panned the mk 47 as a lazy recolor..... and then look at what happened haha! So hopefully you decide one way or another soon!

At least 47 was in homecoming/ with cool accessories and a nice non BD tony sculpt

I agree with you on that . I thought the 47 was a complete pass and all of a sudden it really grew on me . Now it’s a grail figure .

I never read the comics but to me the Mark IV & VI are the more traditional looks . They look more like what a think of when imagining IRON MAN . To each there own .

I totally agree. I personally have the mark VI (among the two HTs i have) and think its the perfect encapsulation of iron man as a character. Love its paneled, mechanical look which gives it a sort of real world presence (not like a cyborg/blue beetle).

I just thought by classics you meant stuff like silver centurion, extremis, bleeding edge.

I absolutely would be over a Hot Toys Iteration of a pure classic suit like this
ebf505dc09f645adadc35d7416a35f33.jpg
f542ca222c473fdee76bc80e4bf0a9b0.jpg
049da2e6576434ed319043f33c91fe07.jpg

I’m wondering if Hot toys is being influenced by these versions of iron man . I personally don’t see it in this 10th anniversary version . If they were then why use the 46 mold ? Just give us a while new body .

I absolutely would be over a Hot Toys Iteration of a pure classic suit like this
ebf505dc09f645adadc35d7416a35f33.jpg
f542ca222c473fdee76bc80e4bf0a9b0.jpg
049da2e6576434ed319043f33c91fe07.jpg

I’m wondering if Hot toys is being influenced by these versions of iron man . I personally don’t see it in this 10th anniversary version . If they were then why use the 46 mold ? Just give us a while new body .

Because they can get away with it? I just find it funny that on the description it says they recreated it to be highly accurate. Colorwise, yes. The rest? Not even close. From this to the undersized Storm Breaker, it's a bit disappointing especially for the premium we pay for them. Heaven forbid that those proton cannon rumors are true (Honestly, it looks more like a jet booster), it'll be another expensive accessory pack.

My first post and my first order from Sideshow. Hi everyone.

Just started collecting Hot Toys this year and have the Mark 6, 5, 45, 46 and Igor.

The 46 is a great suit - the first of the 'larger' ones. Really solid mechanically, but I prefer the 45 - it's meaner and has a 'round' arc reactor which always looks better in my opinion.

Back