Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have access to mine currently but I'm pretty sure they are different - one of them has slight silver paint embellishments and the other is completely red (I think).

Yea anyone who could help even just posting a pic of the concept's inner forearm color. I have the og and I just need to make sure they match. The og is red with black panel lining with a small piece of silver at the end closest to the bicep. This one looks like a 1:1 matcg but for the life of me I can't find a picture showing the entirety of the inner forearm.

Yea anyone who could help even just posting a pic of the concept's inner forearm color. I have the og and I just need to make sure they match. The og is red with black panel lining with a small piece of silver at the end closest to the bicep. This one looks like a 1:1 matcg but for the life of me I can't find a picture showing the entirety of the inner forearm.

I'm almost certain there are subtle differences between the two, but will check for sure and post photos on Monday (unless someone else does so in the interim).

Photo Jun 22, 12 02 20 AM.jpg

This part?

Not trying to make any sort of official poll but have went back and forth on this so wondering;

Who here bought this after already owning the 46 and or 47? How well does it stack up to them?

For those who bought it not owning either did the secondhand market pricing on them play a factor into you choosing this version?

This guy is on waitlist now...

View attachment 459306

****ING FINALLY

Not trying to make any sort of official poll but have went back and forth on this so wondering;

Who here bought this after already owning the 46 and or 47? How well does it stack up to them?

For those who bought it not owning either did the secondhand market pricing on them play a factor into you choosing this version?

I buy every armor so my answer probably doesn’t align with the mainstream armor collectors but since the concept was released after the 46 & 47, I bought it after. In terms of how it “stacks up” to the other 2, it really comes down to accessories, color preferences and movie authenticity. In pure terms of color scheme I would rank them in exactly this order:
#1. CA Mk. 46 This was actually almost the color scheme that was going to be used in CW and I prefer more gold (or silver) mixed in with the red.
#2. Mk. 47 Again, the color scheme to me looks great because I’m a fan of silver armors.
#3. CW Mk. 46 No denying it was the filmmakers choice and was the first armor to pay homage to the bleeding edge comic armor.

Ranking in terms of overall (accessories, base, headsculpt):
#1. CW Mk. 46 It has to be at number 1 even though some people prefer the clean headsculpt of the 47 and the empty helmet, the Mk. 46 brought the first RDJ headsculpt that really nothing before in 1/6 could match, the surprise of the extra chest plate and regardless of how many times that base had been used before, it was great to get it with the “bent pole” that helped make posing a bit more diverse. It’s tough as an overall to ask between CW Mk. 46 & Mk. 47, but for me, it ultimately won.
#2. Mk. 47 Obviously because of what I mentioned about the overall for the CW Mk. 46.
#3000. CA Mk. 46 Yes, #3000! That figure doesn’t come with ****.

It’s a great design no matter which one you choose but be wise!

I bought the Concept IM after having the 46 & 47. A bare bones sorta figure since all of the other accessories are omitted that the other two come with. Being the same exact suit as the others with the color scheme differences obviously, I think it is a good substitute if folks don't want to pay out the nose for the other two. Also seeing in this thread with people having paint quality control issues with this particular figure, hopefully one doesn't end up with a lemon (paint wise) once they are sold out. Well you could chalk it up to battle damage scuffs to feel better about it.

Long story short, if I liked the design of the 46/47 and couldn't acquire either of those two for whatever reason, I would be happy with the Concept version.

I don't own either the 46 or the 47. The pricing of those figures didn't influence my choice at all. I fell in love with the paint scheme of this suit when it was announced because of the classic red/gold colors.

I did have the torso lights go out on mine but sideshow made it right and sent me a new torso.

I do regret that I missed out on the 46 and 47 because the head sculpts are incredible. I bought an aftermarket head sculpt for it and it is good enough. I'm still working on fabricating a neck trim piece that works.

1da1e01dc75e6055dc64c94e7f40eda2.jpg

I was going to get this from sideshow but was waiting for an order from sideshow to arrive on Tuesday to see if there was a coupon on the box to use with it so looks like I just ran out of time. Now do I join the waitlist or say f it and just go for the mark 85.

Well I put myself on the waitlist. I have never done that before. How does sideshow waitlist work. Do I get an email if it converts and then I have to check out on their site and then choose my payment method/reward points?

Surprised how long this took to go to Waitlist. I've wanted it since day one, and was sooo tempted over and over to buy one for so long. Kinda glad I now no longer have to fight the urge to hit add to cart. :lol

I don't want to battle the Iron Man addiction again. Haven't gotten a new HT Iron Man since the original 2 MKVII's. Wanted at least 1 DC figure, but then I know I would've wanted more.

I would have seriously considered this if the 85 didn't have the classic color scheme. I have the 47, but it's being sacrificed for funds towards the 50, 85, and life.

Waitlist converted for me tonight. Have until end of day July 3rd to make final decision I want it or not.

i pulled the trigger early while they had supplies for replacements. glad i did since i had the torso replaced due to lighting issues. i love this figure in this color scheme.

Back