Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^I'd make the effort and return for a replacement which will hopefully arrive with no issues. While I like the Mark L I just got, I do like this one more. Debating on 85.

Yeah, I sent a parts replacement request for the torso just like someone here. Hopefully I'll hear from them next week. Weird thing though, when I turned it on this morning it, it lit up and stayed on even after a bit of fussing around. It's like it will randomly show the problem when you least expect it. But even then, since it's done it once, it will most likely happen again...

This is pretty good, although the neck piece isn't exactly a match for what the original Mk 46 had. Just a warning also about the neck piece, it's a soft rubber like material that already arrived pinkish to me. It will need repainting. I still haven't found any solution to stabilize and stop the plasticizer effect on the paint and it being sticky. Unsure if a thick layer of gloss clearcoat will stop the effect but I was hoping letting it sit for a long time to release the plasticizer and then doing the repaint then thick gloss clear coat will do the trick. If anyone knows where to get the Mk46 neck piece please do share.

Yeah, I sent a parts replacement request for the torso just like someone here. Hopefully I'll hear from them next week. Weird thing though, when I turned it on this morning it, it lit up and stayed on even after a bit of fussing around. It's like it will randomly show the problem when you least expect it. But even then, since it's done it once, it will most likely happen again...

Yeah I’m pretty sure that was me. They sent me a replacement torso and never asked me to return or destroy the old one even though I kind of destroyed it by trying to find out how to take it apart. I did separate some sections and it turned out to be exactly what I suspected; there was a bad soldering job done at the battery compartment.

Hope you get a replacement without any issues. By the way, mine did the same thing where it would stay lit sometimes even during extreme posing but did eventually completely crap out right before the replacement torso arrived.

sigh... got mine today and unfortunately, got the plague of qc issues. the torso light ups on mine flickers on and mostly stays off. anyone know of an easy fix instead of going to SS? i don't really want to deal with potentially getting a worse faulty one T_T

I would double check all the batteries first. One bad battery could be a cause of the lighting issue.

Yeah I’m pretty sure that was me. They sent me a replacement torso and never asked me to return or destroy the old one even though I kind of destroyed it by trying to find out how to take it apart. I did separate some sections and it turned out to be exactly what I suspected; there was a bad soldering job done at the battery compartment.

Hope you get a replacement without any issues. By the way, mine did the same thing where it would stay lit sometimes even during extreme posing but did eventually completely crap out right before the replacement torso arrived.

That's great to hear! Thanks man!

I would double check all the batteries first. One bad battery could be a cause of the lighting issue.

I will try and explore this as well. But the flickering currently points to bad connections. I just recently got my Mark 50 as well so I can test it out.

How long did it take them to respond to you? It's been a week and haven't heard from them. I didn't want to reset my queue in the ticket line by re-sending it. I'll try a follow-up with their online chat on Monday. What do you think?

How long did it take them to respond to you? It's been a week and haven't heard from them. I didn't want to reset my queue in the ticket line by re-sending it. I'll try a follow-up with their online chat on Monday. What do you think?

It did take them about 10 business days to finally respond but that was after the new year (their busiest time). They are in a bad spot right now after the firing of Susan so it’s not that surprising. You should definitely NOT resend the ticket but contact them via their chat as you suggested to make sure that they are processing your parts request.

Never mind, dumb question.

Have this one coming and really want a Tony head to go with it. Are the onesixthkit supremes the best alternative out there?

First day and already making friends

f5f1975a28e82476f7b0520eb36aad27.jpg

Damn got mine and has extra printing/ink/scuff marks on both shoulder pads, the thigh and the face plate. Unacceptable for the amount I paid. Have put in a request. Hope they will send replacement parts? Never had this happen with any iron man before.

IMG_4418.jpgIMG_4420.jpgIMG_4421.jpgIMG_4422.jpg

Mine just had the chest lighting go out. New batteries, cleaned contact, nothing. I left it on and it will flicker foe like half a second every so often.

i had SS support helping me with the replacement process, and it was so long drawn but finally closed after almost 4 months. HT really screwed up this production with multiple issues. mine had paint scuffs so bad that its on shoulder, thigh, face plate...it must have been a rushed job for MCU 10 years anniversary. really pity the SS folks having to deal with this CA MK46 woes

Damn got mine and has extra printing/ink/scuff marks on both shoulder pads, the thigh and the face plate. Unacceptable for the amount I paid. Have put in a request. Hope they will send replacement parts? Never had this happen with any iron man before.

View attachment 457780View attachment 457781View attachment 457782View attachment 457783

i had SS support helping me with the replacement process, and it was so long drawn but finally closed after almost 4 months. HT really screwed up this production with multiple issues. mine had paint scuffs so bad that its on shoulder, thigh, face plate...it must have been a rushed job for MCU 10 years anniversary. really pity the SS folks having to deal with this CA MK46 woes

Yep... If Hot Toys provided them with disassembling instructions, would gladly fix it myself to save both side money and all the hassle as I'm pretty handy with electronics and soldering. They've just arranged for my replacement torso and I'll have to go through the destruction process of the defective part of my CA46. Glad it's gonna be all sorted out but just feel it's such a waste to destroy the defects. I do understand the logic behind it.

Can someone with both this and the original 46 xlvi confirm that the forearm covers for the switches are 1:1 same color and deco?

Can someone with both this and the original 46 xlvi confirm that the forearm covers for the switches are 1:1 same color and deco?
I don't have access to mine currently but I'm pretty sure they are different - one of them has slight silver paint embellishments and the other is completely red (I think).

Back