Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im going to have to check mine over now, initially didn't notice anything but not had the time to give it a good inspection

Got mine on Friday but didnt get a chance unbox it till last night. Upon first uncovering the figure I could see lots of issues with mine. I hope SSC can help with a replacement.
View attachment 441965
View attachment 441966
View attachment 441967
View attachment 441968
View attachment 441970
View attachment 441972
View attachment 441973
View attachment 441974
View attachment 441975

What?? How does that pass final inspection at HT. On mine I have a slightly dull spot on the back shoulder flap but not worth returning.

Neon IM had a couple small marks on the feet, again kept.

My Mark II had paint defects all on the back of the figure so I returned.

Needless to say, it’s slightly concerning HT is letting this stuff pass through final inspection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Received mine a few hours ago and noticed a few defects as well. Chatter with SS and I should receive an email within 2-3 business days from their returns department.

Screenshot_20190128-114758_Gallery_resized.jpgScreenshot_20190128-114908_Gallery_resized.jpg

b4bb9a97728afdd28ebfb8ccda7bd60f.jpg

So Sideshow just got back to me and said they are going to send me a new arm to replace the broken shoulder that came with my figure.

Question: Is it easy to swap arms on this figure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I wrote to Sideshow but im still waiting for a response. Its been over a week. Im wondering if they’re having a lot of issues with this release.

They ABSOLUTELY are! I finally got through to them today after emailing them ever other day for the past 10 days. Mine looks fine but the entire torso seems to have a loose wire. No light up on the torso section (well it kinda will flicker once in awhile if I move the figure which leads me to believe there’s possibly some solder missing).

They are super busy, took 40 minutes to get through (phone or chat) today. Rep said they are still catching up with the holidays.

They ABSOLUTELY are! I finally got through to them today after emailing them ever other day for the past 10 days. Mine looks fine but the entire torso seems to have a loose wire. No light up on the torso section (well it kinda will flicker once in awhile if I move the figure which leads me to believe there’s possibly some solder missing).

They are super busy, took 40 minutes to get through (phone or chat) today. Rep said they are still catching up with the holidays.

Oh wow! They finally got back to me and are going to send me a new arm to replace the damaged one. And I haven’t even tested all the lights! I hope I don’t have issues with them!

This happened to my mark 47 after one year, pretty upsetting. Don't know how to fix it.

This happened to my mark 47 after one year, pretty upsetting. Don't know how to fix it.

Did you happen to change the pose of the figure often? Oh and I’m trying to get SS to just send me a replacement torso for mine so I’ll most likely be asked to destroy the defective one. If this ends up happening, I will for sure try and see if there is an efficient, non damaging way to get into the electronics of this mold.

Did you happen to change the pose of the figure often? Oh and I’m trying to get SS to just send me a replacement torso for mine so I’ll most likely be asked to destroy the defective one. If this ends up happening, I will for sure try and see if there is an efficient, non damaging way to get into the electronics of this mold.
Not at all. At first I thought it was the switch as sometimes I'd have to sort of put pressure on the switch after sliding it to the on position.

Then one day I was twisiting the torso to one side and the lights went off. When I twisted it the other way the lights came back on but eventually went out. If I tapped on the chest piece it would flicker on and off. Swapped batteries no dice. So yeah here I am with no light up in the torso of my 47 lol.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Not at all. At first I thought it was the switch as sometimes I'd have to sort of put pressure on the switch after sliding it to the on position.

Then one day I was twisiting the torso to one side and the lights went off. When I twisted it the other way the lights came back on but eventually went out. If I tapped on the chest piece it would flicker on and off. Swapped batteries no dice. So yeah here I am with no light up in the torso of my 47 lol.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

That’s almost exactly what happened with my CA Mk. 46 but much faster and the switch pressure made no difference at all (I’ve seen that issue on some older armors). Yeah I think it’s a weak solder that just came loose once the torso was twisted. I might find a solution but don’t hold your breath. If SS does send me a replacement torso then I will gladly seek a mean inside the non functional one.

Thuan is why I don’t twist my IM armors. Ground poind is most overused pose out there for example. Museum pose works just fine for me. Like a boss.

i got my CA mk46, with paint chips on left leg, right shoulder and head. this batch seems to be worst batch in QC

That’s almost exactly what happened with my CA Mk. 46 but much faster and the switch pressure made no difference at all (I’ve seen that issue on some older armors). Yeah I think it’s a weak solder that just came loose once the torso was twisted. I might find a solution but don’t hold your breath. If SS does send me a replacement torso then I will gladly seek a mean inside the non functional one.

Late to reply but if you end up being able to do that, that would be great! The 47 is one of my faves and is always on my desk. The light up on the 46/47 are the best to me, especially since HT did the lenses on the eyes so well and actually went through the trouble of having ALL the light up sections have LEDs. It looks great with the lights off, but it's such a bummer to know that the lights in the torso aren't working.

Late to reply but if you end up being able to do that, that would be great! The 47 is one of my faves and is always on my desk. The light up on the 46/47 are the best to me, especially since HT did the lenses on the eyes so well and actually went through the trouble of having ALL the light up sections have LEDs. It looks great with the lights off, but it's such a bummer to know that the lights in the torso aren't working.

Don't sweat it, I absolutely plan to try and take the torso apart when my replacement arrives. Actually, I'm not even sure that's what they are going to do, SS has been so slow lately that I still have not heard back from them. If I see nothing by Friday, I'll deal with the long hold time and get an answer no matter what it takes. I know they keep track of customers who return, complain and/or call them a lot, but thankfully I am not one of those people so I get to use that as a " you gotta help me out" card. Plus I've been collecting since 2012 both HT's and statues so they better know to keep me happy.

Back