Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my copy of this yesterday from SS. Brown shipper destroyed in shipping process, but thankfully the box inside and the figure was in pristine condition. First time I've got a shipper box all mangled like that though. So took my time checking the figure out and putting the batteries in as I never really do that. Thankfully it all checked out. Now it makes me appreciate how the other companies I've dealt with ship the actual product in a totally separate box. Can't be too torqued about it as I was able to drop about $100 in RPs to knock the price down.

IMG-5175.jpg

Wow, that's shocking Shpinxman. I bought a figure from Popculcha and was shocked that they just put bubble round the shipper. Everyone else I've bought from has boxed out with loads of foam or air pockets.

Yeah kinda sucks but the actual figure packaging and figure made it out fine. I've ordered a couple figures from Popcultcha as well and the figures are bubble wrapped securely and arrives all the way from Austrailia to the east coast USA in about the same time / price as I get a shipment from SS. I'll just buy future figures from other places unless obviously it's a SS exclusive (didn't help me in this instance though!).

I think it’s partially luck of the draw, and you should consider yourself lucky. Some figures, like my die-cast Mk 5, WM Mk 1, and WM Mk 3 are solid as a rock and will never be going anywhere, stand or no stand. My Mk 47, however, has fairly loose ankles and I check it a couple times a week, making small adjustments as it slowly leans forward or back since I last checked. And my die-cast Mk 6 basically can’t stand at all without the waist grabber, though I tightened the screws at the ankles as much as possible, which helped slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few iron man hot toys - the crotch stands don't feel stable, while the waist grabbers make me nervous about paint damage. I think the best choice right now is the single hook (see pic), which comes with the mark 45, as well as the BvS armored batman. Anyone know where I can get more of these ? Unfortunately I don't see these on ebay.

20hwrvo.jpg

I have a few iron man hot toys - the crotch stands don't feel stable, while the waist grabbers make me nervous about paint damage. I think the best choice right now is the single hook (see pic), which comes with the mark 45, as well as the BvS armored batman. Anyone know where I can get more of these ? Unfortunately I don't see these on ebay.

20hwrvo.jpg

Oh I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately this piece is rare. Didn't come with many figures. I think the first one it came with was Red Snapper.

Got mine on Friday but didnt get a chance unbox it till last night. Upon first uncovering the figure I could see lots of issues with mine. I hope SSC can help with a replacement.
20190128_085143.jpg
20190128_085157.jpg
20190128_085229.jpg
20190128_085244.jpg
20190128_085255.jpg
20190128_085313.jpg
20190128_085356.jpg
20190128_085550.jpg
20190128_085631.jpg

Got mine on Friday but didnt get a chance unbox it till last night. Upon first uncovering the figure I could see lots of issues with mine. I hope SSC can help with a replacement.
View attachment 441965
View attachment 441966
View attachment 441967
View attachment 441968
View attachment 441970
View attachment 441972
View attachment 441973
View attachment 441974
View attachment 441975

Damn that’s rough! And I thought mine was bad with its broken off shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Guys, these arent even all of them. Theres more. Just couldn't get them to show up clearly with cellphone camera.

I wrote to Sideshow but im still waiting for a response. Its been over a week. Im wondering if they’re having a lot of issues with this release.

I wrote to Sideshow but im still waiting for a response. Its been over a week. Im wondering if they’re having a lot of issues with this release.

I've actually head the same thing from at least 3 other people on FB. Let's see of they actually do something about this. It's such a shame because this is an awesome and unique paint app.

I agree! I only had one Iron Man figure and sold it so I could buy this one. Its an amazing figure but for the money we’re paying , it deserves to be problem free.

Back