Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Acquires The Matrix License

If they make Morpheus with his chair I might be tempted but I'm not 100% sold on jumping into this license just yet.

laurence-fishburne-returns-as-morpheus-from-the-matrix-for-kias-2014-super-bowl-ad_100454572_h.jpg

The lobby scene for Neo was the right choice. Loaded-to-the-nuts Neo in one of the most badass action scenes in a movie easily smokes flying-Superman Neo, not to mention the original movie being head and shoulders above the sequels

Last edited:

did agent smith not wear a belt in the movies?

Way way too early to judge. That being said, outfits are fine, serviceable, but fine. Likeness is almost non-existent .

Re: Hot Toys The Matrix 1/6 scale figures

The grander gesture would've been Blade Runner, but this is still pretty unexpected. Nearly spat out my drink when I saw the announcement. I'd gotten pretty used to the idea that it would never happen.

I heard (take it with a grain of salt though) that licensing for the original Blade Runner is a giant legal black hole beyond prop replicas. Also requires getting individual actor likeness rights. And yes, I was pretty surprised to see Hot Toys hyping up products from an almost-two decades old movie. Gives me hope (probably misplaced) they might revisit some other classics.

Both are garbage headsculpts and both sunglasses are wrong.

Isn't that their old Red Skull head on Agent Smith? The hair is the same, which is different from how it looked in The Matrix.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a placeholder though. That was a pretty fast announcement.

^ Those types of people are more complainers than collectors I would say. And yes they are funny.
Matrix is long overdue though. I remember seeing the 1st film in theaters by myself on a "kill some time" whim. I went back 3 more times in the following weeks. That's classic.

Same, went in not knowing whst to expect, left having my whole ****ing brain exploding.

Smith looks like Harvey Keitel in those photos!

Even if they fix the sculpts, I'll probably not get into this series. But it's good that they're being made for those that want 'em.

Man there’s a lot of work that needs to be done. Looks like cheap Chinese knockoffs right now

Re: Hot Toys The Matrix 1/6 scale figures

Those Neo glasses are terrible, really brings the whole presentation down. Overall these are both super underwhelming. No idea why they would put this basically 5 year old kitbash in as a stand in for Smith. Just wait till you have something to show Hot Toys..

This Smith looks as he was assembled from the parts (agent's?) and sculpt (Red Scull one) that were already produced.

Back