Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Acquires The Matrix License

I thought HT was just sitting on the license, but I guess that's wasn't the case. I'm surprised nobody else swooped in and grabbed it--Star Ace, Blitzway, etc. Although I guess it's possible HT never let it go and is just making the announcement. Regardless, I'm glad to see this coming even though I already have very nice custom Neo and Morpheus figures. I just hope it's not another one and done. I'd like to see Neo (I, II), Trinity (I, II), Morpheus (II), Smith (I), Twins, Persephone, Merovingian and Niobe. I know those last 4 would be a real stretch.

HT should also get back to some of their other underserved licenses like Rocky, Batman 66, '92 & '95, Terminator and Aliens.

The Matrix likeness rights were said to be a nightmare. HT prolly needed a rest after dealing with Jack Nicholson.

This is awesome hopefully they will actually release something , love my custom real world Neo though

If is anything like the Ripley figure we won't see anything for five years... knowing hot toys they will release an obscure figure first which doesn't sell and they will stop after that!

When they say Matrix license I so hope there not talking about the reboot!!!

Need Seraph and those albino, phase-tastic twins.

Re: Hot Toys The Matrix 1/6 scale figures

Whoa. Deja Vu too.

Always wanted Neo, Smith, Morpheus and Trinity from the first film. Maybe the twins, as I'm sure HT would make them (a bit of double dipping there).

Very excited for this. Will 100% buy Neo and Agent Smith and can see getting Morpheus and Trinity. But not sure I'd go beyond those, or even if they'd make others. Thinking out loud maybe they will make a set w/ Neo and Morpheus and a huge rack of guns, that'd be pretty sweet.

Wow I hope this means that HT gets the rights to make BR and BR 2049 figures then since those films are also WB sci-fi.

I'd love to see a 1982 Deckard, Batty, and Gaff plus spinner as well as 2049 Deckard and battle damaged K. I know this is the Matrix celebration thread but still. Gives me hope for those other films.

Whoa. Deja Vu too.

Always wanted Neo, Smith, Morpheus and Trinity from the first film. Maybe the twins, as I'm sure HT would make them (a bit of double dipping there).

I'd like this version of Neo...if HT makes more than one.

so79jPJ.jpg

Remember when this was gonna be the new Star Wars?
Nope. One day I was very surprised to see posters of "Reloaded" everywhere in my town because even back then I thought the first one was self-contained.

Remember when hot toys acquired the license for Prometheus, Alien Covenant, Metal Gear V etc.
Those were "at release" licenses tho.
They didn't do anything because license holders thought it wouldn't sell.
"Matrix" is a nostalgia license by now.

I hope this doesn't turn out like Watchmen or Batman Returns license.
Most likely will tho.
I can't see them makin' Trinity or Morpheus.

Wait is it 1999?
Too little too late.

deadpoo-4357062.png

Curious to see how they handle Trinitys pvc outfit, its rumouredto be one of the big factors of not doing a Batman Returns Catwoman because the material breaks down easy over time.

What material was the Medicom Trinity made of?

I bought the figure a couple years ago off Ebay and it's still in good shape. I believe the Reloaded figures were originally released in 2003 around the time the sequels were released.

Compared to today's standards, it's not the best in terms of articulation, accuracy and it's slightly off 1/6 scale; however, I'm pretty pleased with Trinity based on the relative low price and since there are no alternate options.

"please stay tune"

They're not even tryin' anymore...
I'll stay tuna tho, just in case.

I hope they go bat crazy and really go deep into this line

Need Neo and Agent Smith at a minimum. Would probably grab Trinity and Morpheus too.

The biggest concern is Trinity. If they make her in a tight pvc-type outfit, she may have very limited articulation....

Back