Hot Toys - MMS466 - The Matrix - Neo Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait for the vts version!!

After the mad max version from art figures and the patience I had to wait for a better version (by coincidence it was from vts!),
this is exactly what I am doing, my expectations from toys works were not good, so I lets hope vts delivers.

A little splodge of chrome on each lease of the glasses and they’ll be passable... I hope.
Either way, I’m all but guaranteed to also buy the VTS version of it ever resurfaces. Would be amazing if they include his red chair and the telephone.
I hope we get The Twins from someone next and maybe an upgrade-agent as well that comes with the crushed hood of a car as a diorama base so I can pose him doing that epic leap from the freeway chase scene in Reloaded.

A little splodge of chrome on each lease of the glasses and they’ll be passable... I hope.
Either way, I’m all but guaranteed to also buy the VTS version of it ever resurfaces. Would be amazing if they include his red chair and the telephone.
I hope we get The Twins from someone next and maybe an upgrade-agent as well that comes with the crushed hood of a car as a diorama base so I can pose him doing that epic leap from the freeway chase scene in Reloaded.

Yeah I went back and looked at the VTS pic and if it came with those accessories that'd be great. I went and looked and both of these figures were previewed in July; but now the Toys Works is out and still nothing from VTS unfortunately. I don't follow their releases so I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

Oh what the hell, went ahead and paid off the figure at TNS since I'm really curious to see how this looks in hand. If it's truly bad I'll just resell it on ebay, since I'd probably lose the same amount of money either way. Lol

I was close to cancel my pre-order for Morpheus figure, then I've seen these pictures on Facebook. I think I'm gonna keep it, I may just try to paint the glasses.

IMG_8023.jpg
IMG_8024.jpg
IMG_8026.jpg
IMG_8027.jpg

Those are not even the same glasses as the earlier pic....

And its not near a 179.00 figure to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah those glasses are just ridiculously bad. Guess I'll have to take a shot at scratchbuilding a new pair, assuming that I decide that the rest of the figure is worth keeping.

Good news is it looks like the tie color could probably be corrected just by dying it with green chalk pastel.

I don't know if there is a specific topic for Morpheus "Toys Works", I didn't find it. But here are some more images of the figure, the glass (lens) and the tie, which is not green, are a problem, however, both are easy to solve.
Creditos by brandonprexton

83131157_10220969371934024_4378190091315576832_n.jpg
82924065_10220969372254032_2166480524573409280_n.jpg
82916167_10220969372574040_1728417302312910848_n.jpg
82904353_10220969372854047_5184496817328357376_n.jpg

Yeah those are some pretty nice pics, and it does look like this would be a fun figure to pose. I'm hoping the head won't look too cartoony next to Neo, but maybe it'll be possible to paint in some extra layers and detail to give it a bit more realism.

I think that it will do fine, especially for the price but those glasses really need to be replaced. I definitely want him wearing shades and these look bad, unfortunately.

what is the price on this?

Got to factor in a repaint, a new body and likely a new pair of mirrored glasses.

Also, I just noticed that this comes with TWO coats -- but the one that is supposed to be the "closed one" doesn't actually close?

Last edited:
Back