1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Twin slot shelving. I had a load of detolfs so took them apart and used the sides as the shelves. I then used aluminium angles and put led light strips inside to keep the light inside the shelves.
9955c12d6ba503f2c43afcf71f144376.jpg
c5388aa05223479cf9498e1353e8a131.jpg
1bbf8952b7ad28b08ae7035ece855fcb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is probably one of the best display solutions I've ever seen and I think Ill steal it and go from displaying 10-12 figures per Detolf to 40-48 per Detolf :) would love a complete break down of parts, sizes and where you got everything,measurements between the brackets, padding on the brackets? etc. thanks for sharing.

Came across this image on Instagram - Love this look to represent Thor as a character and his journey...

dpaesl.jpg

Came across this image on Instagram - Love this look to represent Thor as a character and his journey...

dpaesl.jpg
That's how I'll display my gladiator thor, with the stormbreaker, and my iw thor holding the mjolnir.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That's how I'll display my gladiator thor, with the stormbreaker, and my iw thor holding the mjolnir.

I just want stormbreaker to display with gladiator Thor. Not interested in IW Thor at all so I'll be scouring when IW Thor releases for the part out of stormbreaker

That is probably one of the best display solutions I've ever seen and I think Ill steal it and go from displaying 10-12 figures per Detolf to 40-48 per Detolf :) would love a complete break down of parts, sizes and where you got everything,measurements between the brackets, padding on the brackets? etc. thanks for sharing.

I used silver 1.5 metre twin slot uprights
(4 per detolf wall)
I then used 320 mm brackets (you can also use 270mm)

You can get even longer uprights depending how tall your walls are and increase the amount of shelves if need be. I could have (and should have) used 2 metre uprights.
I used long bright white led strips and attached them along the front with 15mm aluminium angles to stop the light bleeding out from the shelves.

Pretty cheap all in all look on ebay there are tons of sellers. Twin slot shelving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's unexpected, but I got a waitlist conversion on the Deluxe. Happy about that, this is definitely my favorite Thor look so far (well if there was a version without the red paint and shin guard it'd be perfect) and was a bit bummed about missing it

Well that's unexpected, but I got a waitlist conversion on the Deluxe. Happy about that, this is definitely my favorite Thor look so far (well if there was a version without the red paint and shin guard it'd be perfect) and was a bit bummed about missing it

That would be the Roadworn Thor with Infinity War head sculpt on it.

Nah I like the pauldron, half cape, and the paint on the armor on the Gladiator version, just in a perfect world it'd be Ragnarok Thor at any point after the gladiator fight.

Loving my gladiator thor more with a mjolnir.
I think he is perfect with the red paint, cos just look totally different from the other thors. A separate hs would be nice definitely though
9e62a32261f6f48b7175e0c3325cdc9e.jpg

It was an Infinity War head. Almost done. Just in time for Hela to ship and go with him. Need to grab a set of his bracers if TA breaks him down again. Or fork over and pay eBay price for them. We’ll see how patient I can be waiting for TA.
7B06DBB2-D605-4F29-9996-5D29E3C2AD5F.jpg
DC24B322-82B3-4A78-9F94-29853597815A.jpg

I sanded and filled in over the eye so it had the shape of being closed. There are a few moments during the movie where it looks closed just flatter. Then I painted up the layers of blood effect. It’s a bit glossy compared to how it looks on film so I might dull coat it a little. The CGI for the eye is all over the place once it happens. So you’ll just have to pick a still you like and go from there ultimately. I used this shot for reference:
AD18A64D-F6E1-4B1B-A1EA-5EED3C8C45B6.jpg

I’m looking for just the Gladiator head if anyone is selling one. I picked up the helmet to use for my Infinity war Thor as an option. Ebay prices are insane.

Back