1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had mine re-delivered yesterday after getting back from holiday. Haven't had chance to open him yet...shall be doing that later with my very enthusiastic 9 year old daughter. :yess:

Sideshow didn't get this shipped today, what a shock. I swear i don't have this issue with other retailers and sites. I don't get why it takes so long for ssc to process payments.

It is pretty lame that they dont use USPS Priority.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

They should be using 2 day delivery for the prices they charge. No way it costs them as much to ship as they're charging. I worked for a company previously that always tried to make money on shipping so that the shipping department paid for itself and then some. Most companies try to monetize every single department now. I'm sure SS is doing the same.

They should be using 2 day delivery for the prices they charge. No way it costs them as much to ship as they're charging. I worked for a company previously that always tried to make money on shipping so that the shipping department paid for itself and then some. Most companies try to monetize every single department now. I'm sure SS is doing the same.

Sideshow has always charged me $20, which is completely fair IMO. I work with a company currently that ships a great deal of product everyday. Our shipping costs aren't too far off with what Sideshow charges. A Ground shipment for us can be anywhere from $8-$12 (up to several pounds), then we add $3 handling fee per package and a fuel surcharge. That easily can put our shipping at $12-$16 for a ground shipment that is a few pounds. Factor in that Sideshow tacks on signature confirmation which is going to add several more dollars to the cost and I doubt Sideshow is banking a ton of money off of their shipments. Maybe a few bucks.

Shipping 2-day packages for us (even small packages) can easily cost us $25-$40. People complain all of the time, but it is what we are charged. :dunno

Even if their shipping charges were extremely low and they were making $10 off of a $20 shipment on a $250 item, they give the customer $12.50 back in rewards. I see stores like BBTS passing on the savings on low shipping up front to the customer, whereas Sideshow charges more for shipping up front and tries tying down buyers with rewards to string them along for additional purchases. No one wants rewards to expire, and new purchases bring additional rewards. Just different approaches to savings. If you are really convinced that they are overcharging you though, I guess you could consider their rewards a refund on your shipping cost :lol. Considering BBTS doesn't have rewards (that I am aware of), seems like close to a wash either way.

Looks like mine won't get here until Tuesday :(

I can ship most basic Hot Toys figures in their brown shippers for $12.00 - $15.00 USPS Priority Mail.
With the guarantee of 2-day shipping, I cannot image that they would not get the same rates (or better).

Could be that they have a contract with UPS, as well.

- BBTS at least allows options for shipping and introduced a $4 shipping method
- Getting $10 back in rewards after being charged an extra $10 for shipping isn't a great argument. I'd rather save money up front
- I can ship HT figures from the east coast to CA for the same price as SS with extra packaging and insurance for the same amount they're charging with no discount
- I can get packages shipped from overseas for less than SS charges
- SS charges more for shipping than most other HT retailers in the US

While this may be fair in your opinion, I would think you're in the minority.

- Getting $10 back in rewards after being charged an extra $10 for shipping isn't a great argument. I'd rather save money up front
- I can ship HT figures from the east coast to CA for the same price as SS with extra packaging and insurance for the same amount they're charging with no discount

I agree. Only advantage to buying through Sideshow is you get Figure a little sooner. I try to buy as many figures as I can through BBTS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The big thing to note is that SS charges much less when they ship to resellers. So they stick it to the direct customers...because they can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hi what body did you use? is the body of the gladiator and you have removed the two red stripes from the neck?

Given that nobody not posted it, here is mine in this version until the end of the film 😊
(With the arm protectors and without the shin guards)
180602115914375643.jpg

180602115914873668.jpg

hi what body did you use? is the body of the gladiator and you have removed the two red stripes from the neck?

Would be interested to know if this guy has loose ankles.

I can't believe how loose the ankles on my AoU Thor are. Am going to look at replacement parts, or simply the good old glue in the joint fix. I can barely stand him without the base and crotch grabber. Very poor, considering I display all my figures without stands.

Back