1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

For me, it's the awesomeness of the trailers (and subsequent excitement for the movie) that are selling me these two gladiator figures. I just love the look of them with all the colors.

For me, it's the awesomeness of the trailers (and subsequent excitement for the movie) that are selling me these two gladiator figures. I just love the look of them with all the colors.

Same here.

e73170b868668b7d1a04e11ff60bab43.jpg

I'm tempted by this figure. The weapons, short hair sculpt, cape, and especially helmet. It's a different, cool look.

Is there a short hair sculpt included?

Is it me or is his likeness at this toy fair a lot better than it was at SDCC?

Is it me or is his likeness at this toy fair a lot better than it was at SDCC?

Nope, I was thinking the exact same thing. The sculpt looks more refined and less "work in progress."

Love the blues and reds.

I wonder though, where does the helmet come from? How do they explain it looking similar to his Asgardian one? Is it a relic of past times in the armory, which he happens to find or something?

e73170b868668b7d1a04e11ff60bab43.jpg

I'm tempted by this figure. The weapons, short hair sculpt, cape, and especially helmet. It's a different, cool look.

I like this Thor better than the other one from the Ragnarok line because it is so different; and I love the helmet. But it's also one I will pass on, because I tend not to collect figures which capture such specific moments and prefer to get the ones that represent the character over all to me most. This is probably because, besides a few exceptions, I typically only collect one of each character. I have the AOU Thor and still love it, but I can appreciate how cool this new Thor is from afar and understand why others will get it.

One thing though this Thor did for me though is make me really wish my AOU Thor had a helmet, so I am getting him one. I don't think the Ragnarok helmet will work with the AOU Thor though (color pallet way too different) so I just ordered a parted out helmet from the first Hot Toys Thor. Now all I need is to find an AOU or Dark World head (or I guess I can wait for the 'Road Worn' one) to mod to fit the helmet and I am good. I've seen a few other collectors do this and I look forward to seeing Thor with a helmet on my shelf when I am done.

All this to say, Thor should have a helmet, and seeing this Thor with a helmet just confirms this.

Any news or updates on this guy? It seems odd to me that there's no PO when Gladiator Hulk is up and the move is less than 2 months away. Plus, I saw that the roadworn version was just released in Hong Kong.

Like you said the movie is 2 months away. We will be getting pre orders for Ragnarok and JL over the next few months.

Any news or updates on this guy? It seems odd to me that there's no PO when Gladiator Hulk is up and the move is less than 2 months away. Plus, I saw that the roadworn version was just released in Hong Kong.

Maybe they're waiting until the actual movie comes out. Then they can ride on the hype, and those who ordered Hulk will have gotten over the "spend pain" of that purchase and get this guy as well.

It's what I'd do if I were HT

I'm after this Thor, Gladiator Hulk and Hela. Anyone else would be a bonus.

I would not be surprised if this hit at film release. They've already got the roadworn Thor out - and sure, it has some reuse, but it has more in common with the Gladia-thor than the AOU one. I could see them already making major headway on production.

Pff already looks good damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man... that headsculpt...

tumblr_or3uxrqOny1tikb42o2_540.gif

Back