1/6 Hot Toys - MMS445 - Thor: Ragnarok - Gladiator Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I didn't already have the AoU Thor, I'd probably go with RW over this. I already have AoU Thor though which goes with the rest of my AoU Avengers group, and RW Thor is just a recycled sculpt of that. Having this one almost gives me every Thor sculpt rendition they made: T1, TDW, AoU/RW, short hair (T3/IW).

No, I agree it looks great. But it’s still ever so slightly to thin. It’s not somthing that is an issue for me, and I only notice it at certain angles in the pictures..but it’s there.

That and it seems like there’s a noticeable line where the hair attaches to the head via magnet.

Great figure just something I thought I noticed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe it's just me, but the figure seems to be dis-proportioned from the pics Ive seen released online.
like the head sculpt looks too big for the body, or the body/seamless arms arent big enough. I mean, Hemsworth is a big dude(or a man, according to Drax). He just seems small is all, mainly in the arms department

I think I'm probably going to display this with the helmet on...looks more Hemsworth like to my old eyes...

32096081_10155473195187344_3678117659087470592_n.jpg
32087356_10155473196932344_800182416181297152_n.jpg
32163731_10155473196902344_3487214085131468800_o.jpg
32104549_10155473197562344_3839827855001255936_o.jpg

I'm torn on if I think the arms look to skinny or not. Some pics they do and others the dont. It may be a pose/angle specific on whether or not they come across as too skinny.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Decided to get on the waitlist for the regular version of this. If it converts I’ll keep it otherwise I don’t think I’ll worry about getting the deluxe edition elsewhere.

Jesus. This figure looks amazing. I MUCH prefer the short hair Thor. Looks more badass. Passing on IW Thor (outfit looks lame) and getting this instead. Will grab a storm breaker on EBay from IW Thor when it releases to add to this figure and call it a day.

Jesus. This figure looks amazing. I MUCH prefer the short hair Thor. Looks more badass. Passing on IW Thor (outfit looks lame) and getting this instead. Will grab a storm breaker on EBay from IW Thor when it releases to add to this figure and call it a day.
This figure will look so badass with the stormbreaker...that's what I think I will do as well. And since I'm getting the IW ver too, I will get a mjolnir for him. Since I don't have a thor with a mjolnir and I think it suits the iw one better. Not movie accurate but oh well.

The proportion actually looks ok in video... But chris Hemsworth is such a bigger man than he was in dark world, thats why we find his body too small... Well that's what I believe anyway haha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

While I really like Gladiathor, I more or less have this figure in the RW variant. I will reluctantly skip this in favor of the IW iteration which sort of completes his arc on my shelf. This is a little too scene specific (as fantastic as it may be).

I went back and forth on these ones for ages but in the end complete agreement with you. Despite the brief appearance much prefer Gladiator but I still want that eye patch head sculpt and storm breaker!

What are the odds of this hitting sideshow next month?

Very high. It should start shipping mid June. The real question is: will they be getting a small batch and have the rest waiting months like the spiderman homecoming release? Or will they get their full shipment and everybody will get theirs?

Back