Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched ROTJ last night - funny how having an impending figure really makes you (well me) pay much more attention to the costume details.

Its funny when you're in a movie that has nothing to do with fantasy or superheroes, and the thought races thru your mind: oh that would be an easy outfit to bash.

I don't think so.

You get a case of Marvel Legends, you open it up, and you have 12 boxed figures, right?

You open a Hot Toys case and there's 6 boxed figures, right? Sometimes 2, sometimes 4, but usually 6.

The only difference between the two is that the Hot Toys figures have an additional outer box, but that's the individual selling unit inside the case. And that's what I'm buying.

Lets really break this down, cause you seem very lost.

Hasbro ML figure ->plastic tray ->cardboard box w/graphics->case

Hot toys figure -> plastic tray-> cardboard box w/graphics -> shipper box/case

Hot toys uses "cases" for ease of shipments to distributors/wholsale, each figure has a shipper box for ease of shipping figures out to customers, the whole purpose of the brown shipper box, is to ship it... Thats the only reason it exists

Ha - I noticed the same thing for the first time when I watched it last week! Quite impressive continuity really. This is the beauty of having these movies on blu-ray, there are probably loads more little details to discover (I really wish they'd release the original versions though).
Anyway, very much looking forward to receiving this figure and squaring him off against Vader in my detolf...

Me too! My favorite trilogy and now I have to fast forward thru part of Jedi because of the stupid music scene.

I can help you guys get Harmy’s Despecialized Edition Trilogy Blu-Ray sets. It’s currently the definitive Theatrical Original Trilogy experience in HD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot toys uses "cases" for ease of shipments to distributors/wholsale, each figure has a shipper box for ease of shipping figures out to customers, the whole purpose of the brown shipper box, is to ship it... Thats the only reason it exists

They don’t call it a “shipper” for nothin’.

Very nice AS ALWAYS Matrix. Not so sure about Han's "puffy shirt". :):wink1:

Timewalker also shipped Luke out today. Getting mine Wed ( I hope).

Yes! I'm surprised this convo is still going on [emoji58]

Can someone confirm something for me? My Luke’s robe has the wire start at the neck and run around the hood but then stops short about 3/4 inch from completing a full circle around the hood. It makes posing the hood difficult. Does your wire run the full way around the hood? It also easily pokes out because of this. I think my wire may have been cut short and I want to know before I considering returning or fixing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can someone confirm something for me? My Luke’s robe has the wire start at the neck and run around the hood but then stops short about 3/4 inch from completing a full circle around the hood. It makes posing the hood difficult. Does your wire run the full way around the hood? It also easily pokes out because of this. I think my wire may have been cut short and I want to know before I considering returning or fixing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The wire should go the entire length of the hood. Mine does.

Very nice AS ALWAYS Matrix. Not so sure about Han's "puffy shirt". :):wink1:

Timewalker also shipped Luke out today. Getting mine Wed ( I hope).

Noiiice....

Been working all week, but vacation starts Monday.

But this vacation is a staycation so my curse of getting a figure when out of town will be broken...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Finally got him. Don’t notice the fat suit that much tbh. He’s a cool figure!

Some phone pics

850003f8c8ba0aec2b149151bbe7d3ac.jpg
8b6690b8908584c7aaf8663e283fef00.jpg
0593a20b9fd617c6e7da072b6ac68507.jpg

I can help you guys get Harmy’s Despecialized Edition Trilogy Blu-Ray sets. It’s currently the definitive Theatrical Original Trilogy experience in HD.

Thanks for the kind offer but I’ll hold off for now. I can’t imagine Disney missing an opportunity to resell the OT to us yet again, it’s surely only a matter of time...

Back