Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only problem with going for the SS outfit is if you want to put the light up saber arm on, it probably ain’t gonna happen. But the suit does look better, although I don’t hate the HT one at all. More than happy with it.

In just a few hours my ROTJ Luke will be here. I'm pretty excited about being able to finally weigh in on the fat suit conversation.
Also, the SSC version head sculpt looks like Matt Damon. The outfit may look good now but I bet some things will change for the worse when it comes to
production pieces as usual.

Head sculpt aside..the clothes/outfit do look good...but i'm not liking those cut at the ankle plastic boots.

I reckon they did that with the boots so that his feet can angle upwards when he's on the speeder bike in his Endor gear...

Cheaper than giving us a separate pair of boots like the Scout came with?

:dunno

I think the black clothing and boots actually looks better than the HT version to me from what I've seen. I really think the HT version is way too puffy looking. The HT sculpt is still superior. I'm sure there will be plenty of bashes in due time.

Yes, I sort of agree about the clothing and body selection. I'm sure I'm going to be very jealous of those bashes with HT headsculpt.

For $30 maybe I'll pick him up.....:lol

I dig this figure. I don't think the so called fat suit really makes him look bad. It certainty isn't going to hinder any poses I put him in. The likeness is the best we've gotten from HT imo. Cool deal.
f3030a084b89a225ee57f39b0a4851e4.jpg

Everything about the SS looks great, well except the heads lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The SSC head in the latest pics really reminds me of Chris Pine - a lot.

It would be interesting if the HT Luke Endor turns out to be an uprgade set for the Jedi release with head and outfit. That would majorly rain on Sideshow's parade.

The SSC head in the latest pics really reminds me of Chris Pine - a lot.

It would be interesting if the HT Luke Endor turns out to be an uprgade set for the Jedi release with head and outfit. That would majorly rain on Sideshow's parade.

Now that they confirmed the Iron man Accessory set this is my hope too, though I would have proffered a higher price with everything included, at the very least I need more hands

Just a warning to folks, Monkey Depot ships in the HT shipper so if you like to keep your shippers fresh, don't order from MD.

I'm a bit miffed myself. Mine has USPS chicken scratch and Priority Mail stickers all over it.

Just a warning to folks, Monkey Depot ships in the HT shipper so if you like to keep your shippers fresh, don't order from MD.

I'm a bit miffed myself. Mine has USPS chicken scratch and Priority Mail stickers all over it.

What? really!? why would you ship something in its shipping box!?

It’s like OCD to even want plain shipper box mint. Seems a little overboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s like OCD to even want plain shipper box mint. Seems a little overboard.

What can I say? There's value in a mint shipper.

I see it as 'case fresh', just like when they pull Hasbro figures out of a case. You wouldn't ship a 3-3/4" figure by slapping a shipping label on the backer card.

What can I say? There's value in a mint shipper.

I see it as 'case fresh', just like when they pull Hasbro figures out of a case. You wouldn't ship a 3-3/4" figure by slapping a shipping label on the backer card.
That's not the same thing though, is it?
The aren't slapping a shipping label on the art box.

I insist that the UPS truck be freshly washed before delivering.

And the driver wear gloves when handling my package.

Annnnnnnd...... GO!

Back