Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would you pay for an accessory pack?

Enquiring HT minds and marketers what to know?!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

What would you pay for an accessory pack?

Enquiring HT minds and marketers what to know?!

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Depends, I wouldnt be any less than $100, Id probably pay that, but not much more. I really just want some more hands, anything more than that is icing I guess

I want to say in one of the Vader threads someone had painted their lightsaber blade so it had more of a vivid color when it’s not lit. Anybody know if there’s anything more to that other than a li’l spray paint? The blade looks a little pale when not lit, and I don’t plan on using the light up feature much, if ever.

Yeah that was DeanKnight. He talks about it in one of this Luke videos. I think I might try the same with one of my SS Jedi Luke blades.

I think this has been discussed before, but how difficult would it be to put the ROTJ sculpt on a the Bespin Luke figure (DX07) as well as use the hair from the Bespin Luke (clean version).

I think this has been discussed before, but how difficult would it be to put the ROTJ sculpt on a the Bespin Luke figure (DX07) as well as use the hair from the Bespin Luke (clean version).

It’s possible, but I think every modder had to dremel the dx07 hairb

Got mine about to be shipped from BBTS. As nice as the likeness is on the head, I wish I could shrink down my lifesize bust to 1/6 and use that instead:

small.jpg

Pretty sure I posted pics of mine a few pages back and certainly in the Bespin dx thread. Dremel works. I'm going to do the clean version soon too

Anyone get a shipping notice from BBTS? I got charged but no tracking yet.

Same here, but they started processing on Friday, so my guess is a slew of shipping notices Monday, which means i'll probably get mine Friday.

Samesies :) Seems like forever but will finally have him soon!

Too funny!!!

Yeah that was DeanKnight. He talks about it in one of this Luke videos. I think I might try the same with one of my SS Jedi Luke blades.

Thank you! He’s got another video now of the same process on Luke’s saber and it looks awesome. Turns out, though, the paint he uses is apparently only available in the UK so I’ll have to find an alternative. Plasti-dip makes a Blaze Green that looks like it’d do the trick, but may require a layer of gloss on top of it.

Thank you! He’s got another video now of the same process on Luke’s saber and it looks awesome. Turns out, though, the paint he uses is apparently only available in the UK so I’ll have to find an alternative. Plasti-dip makes a Blaze Green that looks like it’d do the trick, but may require a layer of gloss on top of it.

Do you have a link link to the video?

Jedi Luke is in QuiGon’s temple!

Interesting ride with this figure with which I’m sure some of you can relate. When the first photos came out, I was thrilled that we were finally getting an official HT release for this version of Luke. But is was never quite sold on the sculpt. Same reasons we’ve listed many times, the open mouth and the teeth. But I became much more encouraged when we started getting in hand photos.

So when I got him yesterday, and liked what I saw right out of the box, but just less than blown away.

Then.... I posed him up, handed him his saber and put him on an end table by my living room couch facing windows, and that’s when it happened! The natural light hit his face, lit up his eyes, and MAGIC.

This is not THAT picture, but close enough. I’m very pleased!

9881C078AA1C4BC3AF4E.jpeg

9EBB08B5698048F794AE.jpeg

Last edited:
Back