Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f0c96e57a304b1e57a83da448812fa32.jpg

giphy.gif

To anyone that owns this figure and the mms297 or DX version, do the 297 and DX hair sculpts fit on the Jedi head?

And does the Jedi hair fit on the 297 head or dx heads?

Yes, helmeted the orange Lukes look great (why that is is open to interpretation,) but as an exposed Luke head, SSC has NEVER done it successfully. You can buy the new SSC DX Luke Jedi for the outfits, and that's fine - I'm just saying the head is going to be useless (even the proto looks a bit odd.)

I get what you're saying and when it comes to Star Wars, SS paint apps have been middling at best on human figures. Although if it wasn't for the stupid decision to make the hair a separate piece leaving a terrible join gap and seam I'd argue the Rex Phase II was as good as anything Hot Toys does. And SS totally nailed Hot Toys signature dead eyed thousand mile stare with Dengar :lol

But outside Star Wars I personally think Temple of Doom Indiana Jones and Ash Williams hold their own with HT quite well. I don't buy many figs outside of Star Wars so can't comment more widely.

To anyone that owns this figure and the mms297 or DX version, do the 297 and DX hair sculpts fit on the Jedi head?

And does the Jedi hair fit on the 297 head or dx heads?

When Deanknight removed the hair not sure now that the bespin hair will work on this head because the back of the head is different :horror

From DK video, I took still shots

The closeups are enhanced, so the robe is not that color btw

Last edited:
Thank you guyver!

The inside head looks imilar to the mms297 one, do you think the Jedi hair would fit on the 297?

If the MMS 297 ( sorry I never pay attention to model # of a HT ) is the Bespin Luke, like I mentioned, I don't think it will fit because the back of this head is too thick

@ Kylorenn, can you Prome wrong :dunno

I'm sure it could be made to fit. Although I'm not sure why you'd want the Jedi hair on the Bespin Luke, since it's not nearly as good a likeness. I'm more curious to see the Bespin hair on the Jedi head, since I'd love to have a better sculpt for my Bespin figure.

The Bespin hair does not fit on the ANH Luke but the ANH hair does fit on the Bespin Luke. Therefore Jedi hair should fit on ANH head and Bespin head. ANH hair should fit on Jedi head and Bespin.
93e0aed3cff985d7327609e68c4756aa.jpg

Looks terrible but it does fit.

I'm sure it could be made to fit. Although I'm not sure why you'd want the Jedi hair on the Bespin Luke, since it's not nearly as good a likeness. I'm more curious to see the Bespin hair on the Jedi head, since I'd love to have a better sculpt for my Bespin figure.

Oh that’s what they’re trying to do :lol

They want to stick the ANH hair on this head..why..not only does that look wrong because Luke is older, but Hamill messed uphill nose after ANH .

Best plan to use BD Bespin hair on this head , but I don’t think this will fit because the back is too big

@Kylorenn please try this experiment and take a pic so we know

Again I want to try worn down Jedi Luke like this

Looks great... a figure I've been waiting a long time to get, it's actually making me a bit nostalgic for the Sideshow Jedi Luke. That figure (though very dated now) was a game changer back in 2006 when it was released.

I think now that this figure is coming I'll un-kitbash my current Jedi Luke and return him back to the original state.

The long arms on the SS Jedi Luke was a big letdown for me especially considering it was their first figure of the line. I used the outfit to dress a new body with the extra SS Hoth Luke head and I think it worked well enough but I can't wait to replace it with this one.
16d2ef198f69166ff7d7ba3fb7c86573.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bespin hair does not fit on the ANH Luke but the ANH hair does fit on the Bespin Luke. Therefore Jedi hair should fit on ANH head and Bespin head. ANH hair should fit on Jedi head and Bespin.

Look at my new post on why ANH hair wouldn’t look right on Jedi head

ANH hair actually looks better on the Bespin figure than it does on the ANH figure.

Back