Hot Toys MMS429 - Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That would be crazy. Something like that could happen, but I don't think it will. Hot toys has been pumping them out lately.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

He was either going to get it in July for his birthday, or it was going to be hidden away until December as a gift. Glad it’ll be the former. :D

SSC version looks more like Kimball Cho than Luke Skywalker.

I still think HT will look fine in hand, but since that one is so close, if turns out it's total crap there is still time to sink some sideshow points into the SSC version.

What if SideShow Jedi Luke turns out great this time ? Game changing/big efforts from them and blew away Hot Toys version instead ?

..never say never right..

I was that guy - for years.

But at $220+ a pop I'm not going to say never say never. This isn't once bitten twice shy - it's 5-6 times bitten no buy.:lol

I should know this by now, but alas, I do not. Since it appears sellers in HK are shipping this figure out now, generally speaking, when could we expect Sideshow to? I’m really hoping this will be here in time for my fiance’s 30th birthday in late July.

I can tell you exactly when. Between June 1st and 14th. As I will be on a business trip. And every HT product I have every pre ordered has come while I was out of town...

My wife will tease me about it all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSC version looks more like Kimball Cho than Luke Skywalker.

I still think HT will look fine in hand, but since that one is so close, if turns out it's total crap there is still time to sink some sideshow points into the SSC version.

I tried and tried to force myself to think the SS sculpt wasn't so bad and looks like Luke. As hard as I tried I just couldn't do it. Someone mentioned earlier it sort of looks like a generic video game version of a "Luke-like" figure. But I never felt it was even close to Mark Hamil. I finally ended up cancelling my SS DX.

SSC always has better clothing. They are the masters at tailoring . What they need to work on is the base body underneath. Whatever the reason they don’t want to develop a aesthetic looking body to handle the extreme detail they put in their clothing and accessories.

Why I like HT TT, is the body moves so naturally so when you pose the character it looks like a real person posed. Don’t get me wrong, SSC bodies lately have been vastly improved, but they are still not quite there yet.

SSC paint scheme is not the best either, sometimes the bad paint loses the realism in the hs

I like the newer Sideshow bodies... they can be a bit restrictive for poses; but the look is quite good. Once they dropped the original Pro body they started putting out some much better stuff. And the paint has improved, it's still not up to HT... but with a figure like Ash they have proved they can do it. It's just an issue of how consistent can they become.

I don't love the Sideshow head without the helmet, but with the helmet it looks great. I'm guessing it's the same sculpt, but the hair is throwing things off.

And with some of the less popular releases like Dengar, Zuckuss and 4-Lom Sideshow has quitely been putting out some really great (if not overpriced) figures, IMO.

Does he have gold hair? HT likes their gold hair.

I like the look with the vest on in the video. So this could be my Jabba's palace Luke. Sideshow's tailoring is usually as good as their prototypes, so might be best to let that figure show off the black suit.

Does he have gold hair? HT likes their gold hair.

I like the look with the vest on in the video. So this could be my Jabba's palace Luke. Sideshow's tailoring is usually as good as their prototypes, so might be best to let that figure show off the black suit.

His true light review is coming

I think it is fantastic and not fat at all.
5cec3ec2b4154595078e80e57e5bc3d3.jpg
7c32262b78539467682dfb47d1c99896.jpg
4c7aa6aa502df6d4ad6b8e65cc4cfb04.jpg
74ca0fb7241cb0409a7fb69072296f9b.jpg
0e9d2cb5ef922baadd75a4190f88c111.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think he looks great. I will more than likely pose him with his full Jedi outfit on anyway so the black suit/fat issue doesn't bother me. Might futz with it though just to see if I can make it work, but so far I am anxious to get him.

Back