1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the critique of Vol 2 not being as good as Vol 1 was people knew what to ultimately expect. The general tone, attitude and soundtrack... everything that made Vol 1 unique was difficult to make Vol 2 just as unique so it kind of seemed rehashed.

I actually enjoyed Vol 2 quite a bit. It gave Pratt the opportunity to show his talent and Russel is amazing.

I think the critique of Vol 2 not being as good as Vol 1 was people knew what to ultimately expect. The general tone, attitude and soundtrack... everything that made Vol 1 unique was difficult to make Vol 2 just as unique so it kind of seemed rehashed.

I actually enjoyed Vol 2 quite a bit. It gave Pratt the opportunity to show his talent and Russel is amazing.

Yes I think this is probably true. Vol 1 was so much of a surprise, and it worked so well. Probably a pivotal point for the MCU actually to show they could do a different type of "super hero" comic movie, and it worked great.

Vol 2 was also good I thought. Kurt Russel was good in it. These older actors just rock it. I'm also thinking Jeff Bridges kills it these days in the right role.

Anyway glad I'm getting my Starlord Vol2 soon. Missed the first one, really wanted him too. But this guy has such a better sculpt and great accessories. Can't go wrong.

Bridges in Hell or High Water is amazing.

Yeah, GOTG Vol 1 was a turning point.

Example: Thor: Ragnarok as influenced by GOTG

Bridges in Hell or High Water is amazing.

Yeah, GOTG Vol 1 was a turning point.

Example: Thor: Ragnarok as influenced by GOTG

Bridges was very good in Crazyheart too. Maybe they should get him in for GotG 3 ! but not as a country western singer.....

The coat it's wearing in the box can leave a couple of spots of red on the neck (I included a picture to show this), but it's no biggie.

059.jpg

Congrats on getting this figure and I'm happy to see you are so excited for it, however I think you shouldn't settle for the paint staining on the neck first-day, outta the box. I'm not trying to scare you or dampen your enthusiasm for your purchase, but this is a concerning issue that calls into question the longevity and durability of the figure (especially considering you also paid full price for it too).

With that being said, I think you may wanna consider putting in a complaint with Sideshow about the neck staining (even if you are okay with the defect and don't want a replacement). I say this, because you are probably now the 3rd person (from what I've read on the boards here) who has the paint stain issue. If Sideshow receives enough complaints about it then HT will have to do something to address the issue for the rest of their inventory that has yet to ship.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. You have no obligation to do anything I suggested, but in the long-run this will greatly benefit the HT collecting community as a whole.

(PS: I find it damn near unacceptable that there is paint stain right out of the box. I am currently trying to get a replacement. Wish me luck!)

Looks like Quill needs to shave a bit more carefully. Ingrown hairs on the neck are ouchie!

just out of interest does the coat always touch the neck ? Or I think I read it was only the short jacket which touches right ?

just out of interest does the coat always touch the neck ? Or I think I read it was only the short jacket which touches right ?

The short jacket is packaged with the figure already and it is tightly placed around his neck. When unzipped you can spread the collar out so it doesn't touch his neck.

I really don't understand why HT, with all their years of experience and even warning people about the potential dangers of staining, would pre-package him with the jacket collar tightly hugging his neck...

HT really does seem to lack logistic common sense sometimes...kinda like how they are so inconsistent with the usage of magnets on Ironman figures.

The short jacket is packaged with the figure already and it is tightly placed around his neck. When unzipped you can spread the collar out so it doesn't touch his neck.

I really don't understand why HT, with all their years of experience and even warning people about the potential dangers of staining, would pre-package him with the jacket collar tightly hugging his neck...

HT really does seem to lack logistic common sense sometimes...kinda like how they are so inconsistent with the usage of magnets on Ironman figures.

It is strange. With Jyn Erso (and other figures I believe) they put a small piece of thin paper around the neck and upper torso for presumably just this reason, to prevent staining. You'd think with a bright red jacket it would be a no brainer to put in a similar piece of paper.

I was bummed about letting my original Star-Lord go but I think this one is a better version IMHO. Ordered it yesterday, my GF is gonna be pissed but I think she'll be ok with this one.....:pray:

I think you guys will be happy with this Vol.2 version Nels2481! Hopefully no neck staining though. Sorry to the ones who have it on their figure. I checked mine and it doesn’t appear to have any so far. You’d think by now they would abound that by putting a piece of plastic or foam in between while in the package.

Yeah it comes with quite a few great options! If I was rich enough to get two, I'd display one with the long coat, grey shirt, regular head, the other with the short coat, red shirt, rocket pack, helmet head, or whatever. I've only had it out of the box a few hours and I already want to take it apart and fiddle again. Sign of a figure with fun accessories!

At least the shirts seem hardy, and they can stretch without going of shape. There's no 'pilling' when you touch them, etc. (I'm looking at you, '66 Batman). That will make me a bit less terrified of changing looks.

The figure has a lot of character, and looking at it immediately calls up all the fun feelings of the movie.

I would definitely want two of these as well to display all of his accessories! Only when taking off the shirt it stretches pretty far going over his shoulders. It’ll be alright if you’re careful at that point, but both shirts look good on the figure. Overall he’s great to take pictures of. Lots of character indeed.

Here’s a pose from the other day:
fbb03b4ccbe0d4dc021f8d247c7366ee.jpg

abcd7b291d79bffd52f0a2fb0f1a528a.jpg

Any staining reported from Time Walker customers? I just got mine from them but I won't get to open it until this weekend. I was hoping to keep him sealed until Gamora is put up for PO but I figure I should not risk it.

So, if I order this today via Sideshow, paying the entire thing, it'll ship this month for sure?

They can't even process my exchange- they said Tuesday that it'll be a few weeks before they get their entire stock. Wasn't even in port yet.

Typically it hits port and then its 8-12 days before it clears to Sideshow... best case. So I would say mid February.

Back