1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I payed mine off fully 2 days ago and it just shipped it says it'll be here on 1/16. But I live in Ohio so I'm not sure about your situation

I payed mine off fully 2 days ago and it just shipped it says it'll be here on 1/16. But I live in Ohio so I'm not sure about your situation

Congrats on getting this figure and I'm happy to see you are so excited for it, however I think you shouldn't settle for the paint staining on the neck first-day, outta the box. I'm not trying to scare you or dampen your enthusiasm for your purchase, but this is a concerning issue that calls into question the longevity and durability of the figure (especially considering you also paid full price for it too).

With that being said, I think you may wanna consider putting in a complaint with Sideshow about the neck staining (even if you are okay with the defect and don't want a replacement). I say this, because you are probably now the 3rd person (from what I've read on the boards here) who has the paint stain issue. If Sideshow receives enough complaints about it then HT will have to do something to address the issue for the rest of their inventory that has yet to ship.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. You have no obligation to do anything I suggested, but in the long-run this will greatly benefit the HT collecting community as a whole.

(PS: I find it damn near unacceptable that there is paint stain right out of the box. I am currently trying to get a replacement. Wish me luck!)

That's a fair point you make, gmoney: mine was posted straight from Hong Kong and had probably been in the box for only a short time. Figures left in the packaging for a month or more longer might have much worse staining issues. I emailed Sideshow just to flag the issue. I said hey, on mine it's not too bad, but it could be worse down the track of they stay in the box for a long time, so if you have any direct communication with Hot Toys, you might want to let them know, and save everyone some headaches down the line. Plus, if you have any tips on reducing the existing marks, I'll take 'em.

I guess I got Picard recently, so in comparison the staining here didn't seem like much at all :p (that said, I do love Picard, and QMX is being very nice on replacements there)

Aw. I really loved my Star-Lord figure until I saw how unhappy others were with the issues. Now I can't look at it without feeling a little sad.

I'm in Australia, so in my case it doesn't seem worth sending a figure back to the US and waiting on a replacement that might have even worse issues (or worse staining). The stains on mine (one small spot on each side of the neck) aren't visible from very far, aren't too dark, look a bit like shaving nicks, and one can easily be covered up by the scarf or the collar. I'm hoping the plastic might re-absorb enough in time that the marks will hardly be visible.

But you are absolutely right. If Hot Toys doesn't make a change in their packaging, other collectors are going to have much worse issues. Hopefully the heads up makes a difference and Hot Toys can bung some plastic round the necks in time for those getting figs from the next batch.

This is what forums are for, I suppose: so the community can give advice to and watch out for the community.

Anybody else have issues with the headphones and rocket pack breaking immediately?
My headphones were broken straight out of the box! Have some red paint rub on the neck as well. Didn't even bother to contact SS. I'll never use the headphones and the rub is covered by the collars of the coats..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

My jetpack broke off at the plate where you disconnect it. Nothing a little glue can't fix though.

My plate broke off at the exact same spot as well when trying to disconnect one side.

But as you said, nothing a little Loctite glue couldn’t fix right up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got mine yesterday. What a great figure with so many display options. I decided to keep the v1 boots on the figure as I like the attached boosters.

My headphones broke almost immediately. I haven't even taken the aero-rig out of the box, so as far as I know, that's still in one piece.

Just got my 10 day notice from BBTS for this guy. Woohoo. Not sure how they are getting him so soon but I am not complaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I got mine in from Sideshow today, and it looks like I got lucky. The short jacket was indeed packed tight to the neck, with no spacer, but I see no staining. The headphones are also intact, and I checked for any body problems and it looks like everything's moving smoothly.

The jetpack is painted just fine, but like others, it popped apart in my hands with very little pressure. Nothing a little superglue can't fix, of course, so I'll do that once I get home.

Excited to pose this guy! Thanks for all the heads up on issues to look out for.

yeah, there's the rubbery part for the 'belts' that attaches to the jetpack in the back, which is two sold plastic pieces. Mine popped apart with very little force.

Superglued it back together last night, not a problem at all. But a little weird that it happened right out of the box.

We know but ours decided to become a 3 part piece.

Oh god :( That's the worst feeling ever, I die a little inside when I break something from a Hot Toys figure

SHgQRLd.gif

Totally need to do a major recall on this figure

1) paint stain on both sides of neck and the tactical helmet is so concerning to get on very very tight and you don’t even know if it’s on correctly and the. When I turn it even correctly with head eye level the socket sits so deep inside the neck that it causes the neck to run up against the base of the ball joint attachment and the foam guard they have to supposedly protect the front of the neck, well it finds off the foam completely and creates a black. Run around the neck and I’m doing it flowing instructions it’s just so dang tight! Bad bad QC on this figure

Attachments

• 6D7329E6-7B5E-476D-A491-5B0049EF9928.jpg
    6D7329E6-7B5E-476D-A491-5B0049EF9928.jpg
    860.2 KB · Views: 167
  • 731F880D-99A3-440F-9AE8-B7A6A7E4AF21.jpg
    731F880D-99A3-440F-9AE8-B7A6A7E4AF21.jpg
    582.6 KB · Views: 167
  • 925672D6-069B-4FD9-9AE4-158A00A3FA8C.jpg
    925672D6-069B-4FD9-9AE4-158A00A3FA8C.jpg
    827.7 KB · Views: 167
  • A249C5D0-8C53-4ED6-8D66-F5DBBCBEDF35.jpg
    A249C5D0-8C53-4ED6-8D66-F5DBBCBEDF35.jpg
    718.8 KB · Views: 164
FYI this is after I have tried rubbing off the red on neck it won’t go away, also the black foam stuff I could rub off but still. Not a big deal cause I’m not collecting GOTG Vol 2 if starlord the leader is this bad. Thank God the rocket jet pack chest piece hasn’t broken as I seen some have said. Not worth it for the amount spent on the figure to many issues. The neck was literally up against that foam part in The head sculpt rubbing against the ridge of the neck. In fact when I went to remove the headsculpt even while putting pressure on the neck to hold the joint in it literally removed the whole neck joint from inside the upper chest.

Totally need to do a major recall on this figure

1) paint stain on both sides of neck and the tactical helmet is so concerning to get on very very tight and you don’t even know if it’s on correctly and the. When I turn it even correctly with head eye level the socket sits so deep inside the neck that it causes the neck to run up against the base of the ball joint attachment and the foam guard they have to supposedly protect the front of the neck, well it finds off the foam completely and creates a black. Run around the neck and I’m doing it flowing instructions it’s just so dang tight! Bad bad QC on this figure

That's a bit of a bummer, but once you have the head you want on, and one of the coats, you can't really see any of the paint blemishes can you? As far as difficulty swapping heads, the helmeted head sculpt can be tricky since the peg is just a ball, and is stationary, can feel like it might snap off but It should be ok. Sounds like I got lucky with mine, or most of the people here are posting their bad experiences. Wonder if the non Deluxe version has as many issues? Hope you can get yours fixed or replaced.

That's a bit of a bummer, but once you have the head you want on, and one of the coats, you can't really see any of the paint blemishes can you? As far as difficulty swapping heads, the helmeted head sculpt can be tricky since the peg is just a ball, and is stationary, can feel like it might snap off but It should be ok. Sounds like I got lucky with mine, or most of the people here are posting their bad experiences. Wonder if the non Deluxe version has as many issues? Hope you can get yours fixed or replaced.

The black blemish on top of the ring of the neck is tolerable since once the headsculpt is on you won't see that at all, however the same can't be said for the red stains around the neck.

I own the Deluxe version and was one of the first on the boards here to sound the alarm on the paint stain from the jacket collar issue. I don't think it makes a difference what version you purchased. If they are all packaged with the collar hugging the neck then they all have the same chance of staining.

Way to go HT. Slow clap for your beautifully executed QC on this figure...

56d.gif

Back