1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anybody else who preordered this from Sideshow get an email about Star-Lord arriving early, but the dates are still December-January? Wasn't that Sideshow's target date all along?

Yes, I received the same e-mail. I think the timing was Jan-Feb previously, as my last payment is scheduled for January. If it arrives in December, they'll likely send another note asking if I want to pay it off early, so I didn't feel the need to revise my payment plan just yet.

Gotcha. Thanks guys. I thought this was due in to Sideshow in December all along since this had a Q4 2017 release scheduled, so I guess I had it wrong.

Just got him today. Really love the figure quite a bit.

Unfortunately, I've only got time for one photo right now, but there shall be many more. :lol

24528469678_eafc6dc5d8_b.jpg

Great photo, Spangles.

For some reason I hadn't noticed the eyes were off to the side on this figure. I know some aren't crazy about that but it does give the sculpt a bit more life to it.

Great photo, Spangles.

For some reason I hadn't noticed the eyes were off to the side on this figure. I know some aren't crazy about that but it does give the sculpt a bit more life to it.

Thank you. :)

I was afraid that I wasn't going to like the eyes to the side as well, but they work quite well.

Damn, if it wasn't for the "painted" moustache that picture would look totally real. Great picture, great figure.

I think I have to get this one.

Thanks! I likely post quite a few more pics to help your decision along. ;)

For those with the figure in hand on a scale of 1 to "I ****ed up my figure" is the likelihood of scuffing the sculpt with the materializing helmet?

For those with the figure in hand on a scale of 1 to "I ****ed up my figure" is the likelihood of scuffing the sculpt with the materializing helmet?

If positioned correctly, it doesn't really rest on his face at all, just on his hair. Maybe within time it will rub the paint from his hair a bit, but I see that only happening if you move the mask around a lot.

Hey so i've never purchased from Big Bad Toy Store before. I see it's still available for preorder on there, but just curious how preordering works.

So if I preorder I pay no money or deposit upfront, correct? If and when they receive shipments and the preorder converts am I then bond to the purchase or could I still cancel?

Thx

If positioned correctly, it doesn't really rest on his face at all, just on his hair. Maybe within time it will rub the paint from his hair a bit, but I see that only happening if you move the mask around a lot.
Fair enough - I can live with that. Thanks for the insight!
Hey so i've never purchased from Big Bad Toy Store before. I see it's still available for preorder on there, but just curious how preordering works.

So if I preorder I pay no money or deposit upfront, correct? If and when they receive shipments and the preorder converts am I then bond to the purchase or could I still cancel?

Thx
Yup, no upfront, pay when it arrives in the warehouse which they usually (not always) give you a 10 day heads up in case you need to cancel. Unless the figure has a distinct NRD listed on the page, all the above holds true.

Two more for now. I'm really fond of the jet pack look. Actually, I really like all the looks. :lol

38393785452_94099121ae_b.jpg

38375463202_7aba2c8a5f_b.jpg

Ebay prices are ridiculous.. Ordered from SS instead. But they couldn't ship to my country??? But could with Doctor Strange. Weird.

Anyway, looking forward to this and hopefully SS releases soon.

just made my new background for my
newest shelf....(GOTG vol 2, ragnarok, & maybe Dr Strange in between). can’t wait to start filling it out, with the rest of the team, this is right next to my CW shelf

63d8b05c05ca2008d78e7f7bf3d9eb54.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazing shots...this has convinced me to preorder!

Glad I could help. ;) Thanks!

Really excellent pictures, Spangles.

When does it ship in the US?

He released Halloween morning, I believe, so I'm guessing beginning to mid December.

Ebay prices are ridiculous.. Ordered from SS instead. But they couldn't ship to my country??? But could with Doctor Strange. Weird.

Anyway, looking forward to this and hopefully SS releases soon.

Yes, the prices on eBay from HK sellers raised considerably after I made my purchase. I do hope you find a way to get him. :)

Glad I could help. ;) Thanks!

He released Halloween morning, I believe, so I'm guessing beginning to mid December.

Yes, the prices on eBay from HK sellers raised considerably after I made my purchase. I do hope you find a way to get him. :)
I ordered from SS and shipping it to a freight Forwarding address in the US. Didn't want to pay anything close to $300 for this.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Back