1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think the first one is better besides the hs?

Honestly that’s a matter of opinion. My opinion is I never liked the hs for v1 so I never brought it. V2 looks amazing and on top of it your actually getting more for the price ( this of course is using the ebay prices for v1 and not the retail price) plus I felt the body looked to big in v1 where as the v2 looks closer to C.P. That being said I’m also liking the yondu and rocket figure for this line and hope to see vast improvements on gamora and drax. Star lord really set up the OCD for a must complete line! Haha

Do you think the first one is better besides the hs?

V2 makes V1 (which I owned) look like someone doing a very good Star-Lord cosplay.

It's less a dramatic change than just a fine tuning of small details that really shows off Hot Toys's improvements over just the last few years to make their lineup look even more like tiny people instead of big figures.

I got out of Marvel, but this and Yondu are bringing me back into the game.

I just really dislike the expression star lord has, that is why I have slowly been moving towards statues: more dynamic poses and headsculpts with personality.

V2 makes V1 (which I owned) look like someone doing a very good Star-Lord cosplay.

It's less a dramatic change than just a fine tuning of small details that really shows off Hot Toys's improvements over just the last few years to make their lineup look even more like tiny people instead of big figures.

I got out of Marvel, but this and Yondu are bringing me back into the game.

I'm the same, was very tempted to sell all the GotG figs I had, however with Yondu being so good, and becoming part of IW I'm thinking what the hell, they will look great in my to be built custom display !

So glad I hopped on this one from HK. It's freaking awesome! The deluxe comes with so much and it all looks great! Got mine posed in the long coat, walkman at his side, guns ready for shootin and little Groot hanging out on his shoulder XD

Now to start building the team

Now this pose was fun.
ee392afce0c4fb6ddf65182b465c604a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like the legs/thighs are a little small. Makes the figure look top heavy imo. How hard do you guys think it’ll be to come across a Vol.1 body?

Did anybody else who preordered this from Sideshow get an email about Star-Lord arriving early, but the dates are still December-January? Wasn't that Sideshow's target date all along?

GREAT NEWS!!! Never picked up the original, and as much as I disliked vol 2, the figure looks to be better all around.

I need someone to go with my Yondu :D

I just re-watched Vol 2 again last night. The back and forth between Drax and Mantis is excellent. It drags a bit between Ego and Star Lord, but the ending with Yondu & Rocket really has feeling. IMO.

So Yondu is a must given the film performance and the quality of the sculpt, Starlord Vol 2 I already had on order. Rocket, Groot & Gamora I picked up relatively cheap.

I'm waiting to see if they make a new upper torso for Drax, and hoping they do Mantis eventually. I believe both of them are in IW, so there's time. Plus the 3rd GotG film still to come.

That's my plan. Hope it works out......

Back