1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the V2 jacket on my V1 and it’s zipped. I think it looks fine.

That's impressive. When I did it, I felt like the straps on the biceps were going to break and his shoulders lost a ton of articulation from the jacket being too tight.

What about the headsculpt? Will the new one fit on the old figure?

I know the clothes are misleading, but I promise this is the Vol. 2 head on the Vol. 1 body. (I've rearranged and customized my Star-Lords) So yes, it fits. I apologize for not answering that part of your question earlier.

VoCoH1J.jpg

Don't know if it's been said before but can the forming helmet for vol.2 fit on gotg version?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

That's impressive. When I did it, I felt like the straps on the biceps were going to break and his shoulders lost a ton of articulation from the jacket being too tight.

I know the clothes are misleading, but I promise this is the Vol. 2 head on the Vol. 1 body. (I've rearranged and customized my Star-Lords) So yes, it fits. I apologize for not answering that part of your question earlier.

VoCoH1J.jpg

I didnt know he was a blonde...

Is there any news whether HT will release an Infinity War version of this? I understand that such a figure was shown at toy fairs etc., but so far no formal announcement has been made?

I am asking because I have been obsessing over the GotG 2 version for quite some time, but after-market prices are outrageous here in Germany. The best deal I found for the Deluxe Version is priced at 399 Euro (which is like 430 USD). So I am wondering whether it makes sense to wait. Nevertheless, I also wonder if the IW version will be as nicely equipped as the GotG 2 version (e.g. long coat, Baby Groot etc.)

Is there any news whether HT will release an Infinity War version of this? I understand that such a figure was shown at toy fairs etc., but so far no formal announcement has been made?

I am asking because I have been obsessing over the GotG 2 version for quite some time, but after-market prices are outrageous here in Germany. The best deal I found for the Deluxe Version is priced at 399 Euro (which is like 430 USD). So I am wondering whether it makes sense to wait. Nevertheless, I also wonder if the IW version will be as nicely equipped as the GotG 2 version (e.g. long coat, Baby Groot etc.)

Unfortunately, I think that it is unlikely because CM and EG are coming up so Hot Toys will probably focus on those movies for Marvel releases. Star-Lord's look in IW also did not change much (if at all). But if Hot Toys decides to release an IW version of Star-Lord, I don't think it will include the long coat and Baby Groot because I don't remember seeing both in IW.

Best bet would be a GOTG V3 if/when they get around to making it. This figure is great. You get so much for what they were asking.

I just got a brand new one for like $350 off ebay. Great figure. If you like Star-Lord, grab this figure because I can't see another one getting released until 2022.

The only GOTG figure I could see get another release in end-game will be Rocket.

Depends if they do something crazy with Gamora in Endgame. Although every figure seems to be getting prioritised over her GOTG2 release, let alone an Endgame Gamora.

Russo’s say Gamora has a good story for EG. At this point HT should hold off on her and release her with her GOTG 2 clothing and IW and add in whatever she has in EG. So strange she hasn’t been released yet. I do plan on getting her tho

I just got a brand new one for like $350 off ebay. Great figure. If you like Star-Lord, grab this figure because I can't see another one getting released until 2022.

The only GOTG figure I could see get another release in end-game will be Rocket.
Congrats, you must have been very lucky. I checked all ebay auctions and could not find one even close to this price range.

Unfortunately, I think that it is unlikely because CM and EG are coming up so Hot Toys will probably focus on those movies for Marvel releases. Star-Lord's look in IW also did not change much (if at all). But if Hot Toys decides to release an IW version of Star-Lord, I don't think it will include the long coat and Baby Groot because I don't remember seeing both in IW.
Thank you! I think you are right and I guess I will have to pay the high price to get all those accessories.

You could always eyeball out a bit and aim for an eBay coupon to roll around. It's a bit if a gamble and they've been a bit stingy with them this year, but that'd shave 10-15% off the top of the aftermarket price.

I only have the regular vol 2 Star Lord and LOVE it. I was able to score the deluxe helmet piece for $20 which is a nice addition. Hopefully I’ll track down the trench coat in time for a decent price.

I pulled the trigger on the Deluxe Version today. It was expensive, but I am sure it will have great presence on my shelf.

After debating it and finding a great deal on eBay, got the v2 hot toys head sculpt. Have the forming helmet coming in the mail.
f7766888fde10738123daef7dd479998.jpg
7ba9b353c116adcc62293127ef18fbc2.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Back