1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received mine from Timewalker. They were right, no staining.

There was a piece of plastic wrapped around the neck to prevent that.

I held off on ordering but decided to get it during their Marvel sale. The no staining note sold me on it, along with the fact that it’s unlikely we’ll get an IW version.

That's great to hear. It's just too bad they are all sold out of the deluxe version now. Darn...

I can't get used to this new staggering of stock from HT. Seems like this figure has been out forever, yet retailers still getting dribbles of stock in.

I hear you. Those must be coming from local brick & mortar stores that are trying to unload their inventory. However, it's good for collectors who still want to get the figure.

Anyone had pleather issues yet? Saw a torn apart GotG1 jacket on ebay.. D:

That jacket is in Thailand if we’re looking at the same one. The pleather issues tend to happen in countries with extreme humidity or other extreme climates like Thailand or Malaysia.

Could it happen to anyone anywhere in the world? Sure. But I don’t think it’s as widespread, especially if you take care of your collection.

I use a pleather conditioner and protectant which seems to help.

Get the figure if you want it, neb. Quote impressive in person. :)

Both versions are available at BBS at regular sale price. Just picked up the deluxe version from there.

It is cheaper for me to buy from sideshow as they provide cheaper shipping to Turkey + rewards etc. I see that deluxe went to waitlist exactly a week ago. I assume I might have a shot to get deluxe from sideshow don't you think?

It is cheaper for me to buy from sideshow as they provide cheaper shipping to Turkey + rewards etc. I see that deluxe went to waitlist exactly a week ago. I assume I might have a shot to get deluxe from sideshow don't you think?

Monitor BBTS and check the stock daily by adding Star Lord to card and maxing how many you can buy. If you can only add less than 10, then you know they are running low.

In the meantime, get on the SS waitlist.

Should BBTS go low stock, buy the figure and add him to your pile of loot - this gives you 7 extra days for your waitlist to convert all while securing you a figure. If your waitlist never converts, then you are guaranteed one, even at a higher price.

Monitor BBTS and check the stock daily by adding Star Lord to card and maxing how many you can buy. If you can only add less than 10, then you know they are running low.

In the meantime, get on the SS waitlist.

Should BBTS go low stock, buy the figure and add him to your pile of loot - this gives you 7 extra days for your waitlist to convert all while securing you a figure. If your waitlist never converts, then you are guaranteed one, even at a higher price.

Wait, when you have something go to your pile of loot - do you not get charged right away?

I want this guy, but I just don't know if I can justify it since I already own the GotG1 version. With so many other figures on preorder this guy may sadly have to be left out.

I want this guy, but I just don't know if I can justify it since I already own the GotG1 version. With so many other figures on preorder this guy may sadly have to be left out.

as someone who owns both, vol 2 trumps vol 1 version by a landslide....head sculpt, attire, etc. u name it, vol 2 is better. if u felt like replacing ur vol 1 version with vol 2, idt u’d regret it [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second that. Owned the first one. That was good for its time. This one is leaps and bounds better. Not just a small improvement.

Unless you have the rest of the Vol. 1 lineup and want to keep it intact, sell the first and buy the Vol. 2 figure.

Just got the regular version in the Timewalker sale. So glad I took the plunge. I wasn't going to get it after having vol. 1 either, but the new Peter headsculpt is just SO spot on. I took the helmeted head and put it on my Vol. 1 figure as I always wanted to display him like that, too.

Back