1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received the Deluxe from Timewalker. Very professional packaging unlike SS. First Starlord and man it’s so awesome. Excellent details in the outfit and face sculpt, so nostagic it reminds me of younger years.

Well, Timewalker shipped the brown box in another outer box with padding all around it. Sideshow just sends the brown box.

Not sure how that’s unprofessional though? The outer brown box is called the “shipper” and is designed especially for shipping the figure. Some people prefer more packaging but most people are fine with having just the shipper. I mean it’s already a box inside a box. Adding more means a box, inside a box, inside another box.

Not sure how that’s unprofessional though? The outer brown box is called the “shipper” and is designed especially for shipping the figure. Some people prefer more packaging but most people are fine with having just the shipper. I mean it’s already a box inside a box. Adding more means a box, inside a box, inside another box.

You'll have to ask the OP. I was just explaining how it's different. lol. I've actually never had any issues with Sideshow shipping as far as any damage to the box.

For what SS charges for shipping, I'd expect more than simply using the shipper box to ship, which is fine for most purposes. However, there are instances where the shipper box gets beat up in route, and based on amount charged it would be nice if they spent some to protect the expensive collectibles including the shipper box. BBTS, Timewalker, PopCultcha all take measures to protect it, at a fraction of the shipping cost.

Got lighting for my detolf and decided to change up one of my Star-Lord’s poses. Unfortunately, I had to take off the jacket so I don’t ruin it with the pose. :lol

5wvZRaVh.jpg

Yep :(
I’ve been contemplating this one too long.

They made a hell of a lot of those. Be around for awhile -- IW making it too hot to buy right now though. Later in the summer or fall. Popcultcha will have a sale at some point too.

IW even bumped up prices on old Gamora... which only now am I trying to get. Timing...

They made a hell of a lot of those. Be around for awhile -- IW making it too hot to buy right now though. Later in the summer or fall. Popcultcha will have a sale at some point too.

IW even bumped up prices on old Gamora... which only now am I trying to get. Timing...

Sometimes I think you enjoy the hunt of trying to get the figures at the lowest prices with the best timing more than owning the figures. ;)

That's half the fun. Getting a deal on a figure makes me enjoy it even more.

Yeah, back to the prehistoric roots of "Hunter and gatherer" I guess :)

Sometimes it works in the opposite way. I was able to get the Hulk and Banner set for 33% off in an Xmas sale. I looked a bit more and was also able to get Iron Man Mk46 discounted. And so I was then "forced" into getting a small Marvel collection, after being a Star Wars guy.

But it's all good, Im so glad I found those deals. Makes it just that much more exciting.

Sometimes I think you enjoy the hunt of trying to get the figures at the lowest prices with the best timing more than owning the figures. ;)

:lol

Probably true for many of my figures. But I have a broad collection that goes way beyond just Star Wars and Marvel so I just can't afford full price preorders for everything.

For a time, with few exceptions, I was able to save $30-40 on every figure if I was patient. But with the recent HT cutbacks on many edition sizes (assumed) I've been finding it harder to get a really good deal and the window of opportunity has become much tighter.

Back