1/6 Hot Toys - MMS420 - GOTG Vol.2 - Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I finally got a reply back from my seller. This is what Sideshow had to say to him:

I am sorry your customer is not happy with this figure. I spoke to my retail division and this red spot is throughout the edition. We are not offering credits or replacements as they are all like this. The one your customer has is not that bad. The way he positions the figure can minimize the red spot on his neck.
I can still provide the jet pack if you would like.
Please let me know.

Wow, such a disappointing response from Sideshow! The defect is widespread so we're not gonna take responsibility and also his defect isn't even that bad. Jeez, horrible, horrible customer service. Seriously, wtf!? :gah:

So I finally got a reply back from my seller. This is what Sideshow had to say to him:

I am sorry your customer is not happy with this figure. I spoke to my retail division and this red spot is throughout the edition. We are not offering credits or replacements as they are all like this. The one your customer has is not that bad. The way he positions the figure can minimize the red spot on his neck.
I can still provide the jet pack if you would like.
Please let me know.

Wow, such a disappointing response from Sideshow! The defect is widespread so we're not gonna take responsibility and also his defect isn't even that bad. Jeez, horrible, horrible customer service. Seriously, wtf!? :gah:

R you f'n serious? That response is worse than the issue itself. Could you imagine if that's how Ford/Honda responded to consumers about their airbag defects? "Well it's wide spread so we're not issuing a recall". Man, my Star Lord doesn't even have the staining issue but this response from Sideshow makes me angry.

Got mine from BBTS today. I guess I dodged a bullet on this one. Looks like whoever packed mine had the foresight (or dumb luck) to pull the head condom down far enough past the collar to prevent any staining on the neck. Or maybe BBTS repacked it? No idea, but I'll take it. Also, the jacket was unzipped half-way on mine as well. I'm not sure, based on everything I've read here if that had anything to do with mitigating any friction staining, but again, I'll take it.

Mine has paint on the neck. Rivets from the pants missing. And the zipper on the jacket broke and it won't zip up correctly now
c69a6adc0bbe6d8ad0366fed82d70177.jpg
d3e6d2b17330a77b586956749b87d0f5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine in from BBTS. There is a small stain from the jacket on the right side of his neck. Not sure if I'll pursue a replacement because it's not visible with a jacket on and I will never display him without one. Maybe I'll try an eraser. No other issues I can find.

Pretty cool figure, I have both v1 and v2. Happy to own both so I can display the helmet on and off. Both figures have their advantages. The v1 long coat is way cooler than v2 and I like the rocket boosters on his boots. The v2 has the much nicer sculpt with more accessories to play with. Owning both figures is easy to justify.

Did you take pictures of both by chance? I do like the frayed detail and weathered look of the v1.

I was thinking of picking up the reg v2 and then try to find a loose v1 long-coat.

Did you take pictures of both by chance? I do like the frayed detail and weathered look of the v1.

I was thinking of picking up the reg v2 and then try to find a loose v1 long-coat.
Keep in mind that I am the worst photographer in the world armed with a cell phone camera so apologies in advance.
1ea154f33ac010f67a022dafaac68c58.jpg
e71a4b527d0d0fee0bb0b57daaa03f35.jpg
b7aaeb9ce1232c5b7fff83f25ecaf06c.jpg
23e330e208a8c36c1d6ea4a3ec61471d.jpg
b3e6d5e1b95ba740c60ff2c5b5e6ad34.jpg
f8818acc049545217f7df83306d9c188.jpg
fd9ad61c3e293a656389a63ff00bf892.jpg
7b833b3b75a48cc0bd8dbfbde75aaab1.jpg
1e7e18f9989ea1614c8660832116460b.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the pics.

One could make a very fine figure if you bashed both together. I love the v1 coat -- the wear and tear is too cool. And I prefer the v1 pants being more purple than reddish, plus the rocket boots. But the v2 is a better overall figure -- better proportions, much better sculpt, better bits and extras.

Mine has paint on the neck. Rivets from the pants missing. And the zipper on the jacket broke and it won't zip up correctly now

Guess what buddy, Sideshow could give AF less. I still can't believe the response they gave in regards to my paint stain! Unbelievable! :gah:

R you f'n serious? That response is worse than the issue itself. Could you imagine if that's how Ford/Honda responded to consumers about their airbag defects? "Well it's wide spread so we're not issuing a recall". Man, my Star Lord doesn't even have the staining issue but this response from Sideshow makes me angry.

Yeah, it's actually shocking the 0 f'***s given in their response. The nonchalant "oh, it's not that bad, just deal with it" attitude is maddening.

That kind of customer service is not only straight up disrespectful, but it's just plain insulting as well.

I am definitely going to be returning! :mad:

Guess what buddy, Sideshow could give AF less. I still can't believe the response they gave in regards to my paint stain! Unbelievable! :gah:

Yeah, that response you received was BS. Especially in light of the fact that clearly not all of the figures had the stain. Granted my one figure is a small sample size, but this was negligence on the part of HT. OK, so a recall is probably not going to happen, but they could have at least done something more than tell you to pound sand. That was just terrible customer service and a complete cop out.

I'm sorry, where are the goofs that said voicing concern over the QC issues and SSC's customer service as "whining?"

Silent now I see- likely because they all realized this is a problem and SSC/HT response is absurd.

This is completely unacceptable and the customer service response of essentially "eh, deal with it" is horrible.

I'm sorry, where are the goofs that said voicing concern over the QC issues and SSC's customer service as "whining?"

Silent now I see- likely because they all realized this is a problem and SSC/HT response is absurd.

This is completely unacceptable and the customer service response of essentially "eh, deal with it" is horrible.

There's voicing concerns, and then there's whining cause you have to take off your figure's pants to see if it's actually broken or not and you can't be bothered to do that. There's a difference.

There's voicing concerns, and then there's whining cause you have to take off your figure's pants to see if it's actually broken or not and you can't be bothered to do that. There's a difference.

Negative- I'm not dissecting the figure to fix their issue.

If you say you'd be willing to take apart your smartphone to fix a defect it came with you're a liar. Same circumstance.

Additionally they got my return- they confirmed it was snapped not dislocated.

Last edited:
Negative- I'm not dissecting the figure to fix their issue.

If you say you'd be willing to take apart your smartphone to fix a defect it came with you're a liar. Same circumstance.

Additionally they got my return- they confirmed it was snapped not dislocated.

It's not a smartphone you moron. It's a figure that is easy to assemble and take apart. Half this figure needs to be disassembled to switch jackets/shirts, etc.

Your second point is completely moot, the whole issue that we voiced about your complaints was that you wouldn't even check to see whether it was broken or not, since that's all they were asking.

Back