1/6 Hot Toys - MMS416 - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
541bbe1f9eda205ee7a41123992a4f03.jpg

I guess Marvel is shifting his look to Unworthy Thor. I hope Thor saves pieces of his hammer so Dr. Strange can use time gem to restore it during infinity war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

541bbe1f9eda205ee7a41123992a4f03.jpg

I guess Marvel is shifting his look to Unworthy Thor. I hope Thor saves pieces of his hammer so Dr. Strange can use time gem to restore it during infinity war.

Well Doctor Strange might save them. Pretty sure Hela kills Thor right after she breaks it lol

Or maybe Odin collects up the pieces since he's on Earth. Mid credits scene perhaps?

So you think she kills him and that is why he goes down to Hel...and I guess he finds his way out....interesting. I so looking forward to this movie.

I try to pick up and scatter those little pellet "dryer" packs through my displays (discretely). I guess you can bulk order through Amazon but they come with clothes and stuff. I live in a humid area too. Also use a lot of fans anyway.

Tho I think to an extent the cracking, if it happens, won't be the fault of the collector, probably. I don't think I've read any thread here that ever said, "screw it, I'm gonna display my stuff in this nice southern window coz of the great light" or "my collection is right next to the jacuzzi!". I think it's a combination of aging and whatever HT uses in the first place. Too many threads on the 'net pointing out 20 year old toys, Barbies, and all, that are still in great condition after being thrown in toy boxes for years.

Srsly, how many of us have stripped figures and they're already stained from the cheap dyes HT uses? But, hafta say - LOL doing some kitbashes - I just haven't been happy with the 5$-$25 dollar bodies I've picked up. I always seem to drift back to genuine HT, so HT must be doing something right.:cool:

That sounds like a pretty good idea with those pellets. Those are the ones that come in the bag in the packaging right? Those could come in handy here where I live and the room I display them in, which gets hot and humid.

Sometimes HT doesn't have their QC up to where it should be for the price. I've experienced weak glue on a couple figures, along with stripped screws on War Machine MK3. Also hear about paint staining on certain figures like you mentioned, electronics that don't work, and weak batteries. Some of these things can definitely be improved if you ask me.

That sounds like a pretty good idea with those pellets. Those are the ones that come in the bag in the packaging right? Those could come in handy here where I live and the room I display them in, which gets hot and humid.

Sometimes HT doesn't have their QC up to where it should be for the price. I've experienced weak glue on a couple figures, along with stripped screws on War Machine MK3. Also hear about paint staining on certain figures like you mentioned, electronics that don't work, and weak batteries. Some of these things can definitely be improved if you ask me.

Yeah, you can get a whole bag of the pellet packs pretty cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/Composite-Dessicant-Efficient-Dehumidifier-Purewhite/dp/B01IT0F21E/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1506106376&sr=8-4&keywords=dryer+packets

They don't last forever but you can recharge and coz they're small I stuff them here and there, even behind picture frames - figure every bit helps. And keep little fans on even in winter.

For sure HT can improve stuff, like when my pricey CW Bucky's lower leg kept detaching, complaints of stitching that isn't well done, and so on. Just kitbashing at times, I think other companies do better - BUT. Fresh out of the box, so far don't think I've had one HT fig I haven't been happy with, or been blown away by the eyes, face paint, costume details, scale. I just had to learn to have a repair kit and small tools around - and fabric and super glue!

Thanks for the link should I need more! Yeah despite the QC problems HT can sometimes have, they're always really impressive figures for sure. Sculpt, paint, and outfits are usually very nicely done. I have super glue on hand too in case I need it lol. Along with my own screwdrivers for the screws.

Just got mine in today. I'm seriously considering doing the swap
0df1387153987d24851f90d208736d9e.jpg

Why? It's still the same material that would rip over time.

Not sure if you own any phicen figures… but they are extremely durable and the articulation is why I got one.
I watched DANOBY on YouTube. Some his vids on phicen figure swaps are creepy to the point of being uncomfortable, but they really upgrade the figure. It's all just my personal opinion.

c08dc00ed6cc8084efa697632c118794.jpg

712e7aa4d90e591a44234f489c436199.jpg
5454d7f2dfa93c5d70fcf755f75ce326.jpg
98853e69102df515ef9ae3cc96c274ec.jpg

Not sure if you own any phicen figures… but they are extremely durable and the articulation is why I got one.
I watched DANOBY on YouTube. Some his vids on phicen figure swaps are creepy to the point of being uncomfortable, but they really upgrade the figure. It's all just my personal opinion.

Yeah, thats not too bad. Different skin tone but it works.

that's not the super massive phicen guy is it? those arms are *still* not as big as the real CH. I do like it better though.

from the video it looks like HT changed the eyes. Gaze seems straighter ahead.
2seat can you post a pic where we can see?

edit I see it's the 2016 m33? I guess the bigger one wouldn't fit in the chest or calves?

that's not the super massive phicen guy is it? those arms are *still* not as big as the real CH. I do like it better though.

from the video it looks like HT changed the eyes. Gaze seems straighter ahead.
2seat can you post a pic where we can see?

edit I see it's the 2016 m33? I guess the bigger one wouldn't fit in the chest or calves?

I chose the m33 because of the smaller chest. And yes, the other option (m34) is too massive. The arms aren't big enough, agreed. But I think it's the closest in size. If you look at the latest trailer, CH isn't really as big as the first movie.
Here's a pic of the eyes :

057ba684f0021affa638900ed4952f77.jpg

If he's smaller this time around he's definitely more defined.

edit: if we're being sticklers for accuracy with the body Hemsworth actually has a large vein (or two) on his right bicep too. Shame Hot Toys rubber bodies fall apart so easily.

I chose the m33 because of the smaller chest. And yes, the other option (m34) is too massive. The arms aren't big enough, agreed. But I think it's the closest in size. If you look at the latest trailer, CH isn't really as big as the first movie.
Here's a pic of the eyes :

057ba684f0021affa638900ed4952f77.jpg

Actually his arms seem much bigger this time around. Don't know where ppl are getting this idea. That shirtless clip for Ragnarok..his arms were wide and veiny to boot

Yeah, I think he's quite a bit more defined as well, not smaller just more shredded :lol anyone planning on thickening up the beard somehow?
thor-ragnarok-chris-hemsworth-01-670-380.jpg
The likeness is there but his beard's bushier this time around.

Back