1/6 Hot Toys - MMS416 - Thor: Ragnarok - Thor (Road Worn) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's honoring the Unworthy Thor Look from the Comics.

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xODEvNjU0L2kwMi9USE9SVU5XT1JUSDAwM19WQVJfU09PSy5qcGc=

I've been waiting to see some pics as well as I try to decide which Thor I want as my one and only. Not even any blogger ones taken. I've seen like 2 pictures of the figure in-hand on IG. Did only like 7 people in HK buy this? :lol

The ACGHK version of this got released early to those who Preordered this at the event. The actual release should be about two weeks later

The figure is not for me, because I am happy with my AOU version, but I love when they do nods like this!

I'm not a fan of the hood look but the figure looks great!

So I'm curious. Anyone concerned with the arms? The look is spot on but is the rubber going to crack in 2 years? I have been staying away from the figures with rubber bodies. I did buy Gamora cause I love the Guardians movie so much and that figure is awesome. I had read originally don't pose and you will be ok but then I have read it doesn't matter if you don't pose eventually the rubber will crack on its own. Just wonder if its go I g anyone else pause.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I'm curious. Anyone concerned with the arms? The look is spot on but is the rubber going to crack in 2 years? I have been staying away from the figures with rubber bodies. I did buy Gamora cause I love the Guardians movie so much and that figure is awesome. I had read originally don't pose and you will be ok but then I have read it doesn't matter if you don't pose eventually the rubber will crack on its own. Just wonder if its go I g anyone else pause.

I love the hood - Ye Old Worlde and all that. IMO a Norse traveler would have a hooded cloak - why not? Got all thrilled again reading HT description that the skull is held by a magnet - missed that the first time.

Yeah, the arms gave me pause. Then I discover my Black Widow has a rubber torso and guess SW must too. At this point and after a lot of reading old posts about cracked arms - well, whatever. I'll get some silicon filler and/or a body switch, if there's a problem. Either that or put together a pricey kitbash, or give up the fig. Hopefully at some point HT decided to improve its rubber, but who knows:dunno. But I'm getting this Thor the pics look great.:drool

Well, it's just hearsay from one person, but I have gamora as well and have posed her a lot and left the arms bent for hours at a time and it hasn't broken down on me yet. I've had her since release as well. But clearly it has happend to some people so.. I can't tell you what the deciding factor on that is. Just gotta take a gamble I guess!

When I get his figure, I won't keep him in bent-arm poses for too long. Don't want to risk it cracking. I don't have any experience with these bare rubber arms yet, but the suit on BvS Batman sticks together at the armpits and even elbows if I pose it bent for an extended time. Hopefully there aren't any big problems here.

I have had the dark world light armor Thor (same body as this) for over 3 years with zero issues. My Avengers hulk is 4 years old and no problems with the rubber.
Gamora has thin arms and the metal will push through the rubber so i do keep her arms kind of straight but i have never worried much about Thor and Hulk.

Your mileage might vary on the arms depending on humidity, temp, etc.

Good to know subzro. With the money we spend on these I wouldn't want problems with the rubber to happen easily. I live in a humid place though, so I'll try to be extra careful.

I don't pose, but so far I have no problems with John Matrix (Commando) and AoU Thor..

Good to know subzro. With the money we spend on these I wouldn't want problems with the rubber to happen easily. I live in a humid place though, so I'll try to be extra careful.

I try to pick up and scatter those little pellet "dryer" packs through my displays (discretely). I guess you can bulk order through Amazon but they come with clothes and stuff. I live in a humid area too. Also use a lot of fans anyway.

Tho I think to an extent the cracking, if it happens, won't be the fault of the collector, probably. I don't think I've read any thread here that ever said, "screw it, I'm gonna display my stuff in this nice southern window coz of the great light" or "my collection is right next to the jacuzzi!". I think it's a combination of aging and whatever HT uses in the first place. Too many threads on the 'net pointing out 20 year old toys, Barbies, and all, that are still in great condition after being thrown in toy boxes for years.

Srsly, how many of us have stripped figures and they're already stained from the cheap dyes HT uses? But, hafta say - LOL doing some kitbashes - I just haven't been happy with the 5$-$25 dollar bodies I've picked up. I always seem to drift back to genuine HT, so HT must be doing something right.:cool:

I want mine, now!!!! LOL c'est magnifique! :love

At some point this fig I think can get some upgrades - real leather straps, diorama base. Gonna love my first Thor.

Edit: And this parted out Phicen Arhian huntress base spoke to me for roadworn Thor. Luv dios:

Arhian_base.jpg

Gonna repaint the shield to "Ragnarok" colors (scarlet, turquoise, etc) - figure since it's beat-up don't hafta be too fussy. Reminds me of the trailer scene on Sakaar with all the junk (Monkey Depot has these *cheap* at the moment). I'll add a stand post if I have to and maybe some more Sakaar space junk.

Last edited:
Back