1/6 Hot Toys - MMS409 - Suicide Squad - Batman (Rebreather Version) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe at first. But once the rubber starts deteriorating you should be able to find a good deal!

I would call it realistic battle damage or weathering. :rotfl

You know someone who has messed theirs up is going to add more cuts and blood then label it "custom" and sell it for loads.

I have a feeling this is gonna be a pain to get in the after market unless your willing to spend a lot over retail.

yeah the aftermarket gets alittle ridiculous sometimes. I understand its sold out, I get it you want to make a profit. So paying up to $350 for a figure that originally cost $250 that's about as far as I'd go. I see some listed for $500+ and I can't help but wonder does anyone actually buy it for those prices.

A good example is the HT Leonidas $700-800 average LOL I don't want it that bad!!

yeah the aftermarket gets alittle ridiculous sometimes. I understand its sold out, I get it you want to make a profit. So paying up to $350 for a figure that originally cost $250 that's about as far as I'd go. I see some listed for $500+ and I can't help but wonder does anyone actually buy it for those prices.

A good example is the HT Leonidas $700-800 average LOL I don't want it that bad!!

Yes people do buy them at those prices. I have sold a Hot Toys Two Face for $500 when I paid $100 for it.
Someone saw it in my collection and just offered me that amount for it.

My friend sold his damaged Hellboy to someone in Mexico for $400 and they knew about all the damages.

These figures have a strange group of collectors and a strange re-sale market.
Some people become obsessed because their collection is lacking something and they have to fill that void.
I guess my Two Face filled that particular person's void.
It felt kind of weird to take that money from him but he offered so I took. He probably would have paid more if I said no.

To each their own.

I have a friend who is collecting whole Dark Knight line and he is paying that amout of money to finish his collection. Two Face and Svarecrow was expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Market prices are usually driven by demand and supply. Considering the demand for these and the limited supply, I think anyone with a high school degree can figure that out.
We shouldn't be quick to judge that someone wants to make a quick profit.

Any know if they are going to revisit the quality of the suit so it wont deteriorate? Pretty annoying these are supposed to be the end all be all of highest end figues and they chip away less than a year later...

I saw this today and it has great points that us veteran collectors already know but some need to learn. PM it to anyone you think could use this advice but don't spam it in other boards or threads.

Yeah budget makes a lot of sense. My biggest problem with my collection is space. I have 15 detolfs and have no room for any more but I know I'm going to buy more.

good points in that video, been getting more selective on figures lately, even sold off a few the last couple weeks. Was thinking the other day how I'd really like a figure of Logan (sorry, also a Marvel fan here :) ), and the only other figure I was interested in was possibly a Star-Lord from GotG 2, but I'd pass on it if a Logan figure came out. Well then I realized, if I was already willing to pass on it for a different figure, don't really want it that much anyway I suppose so I can pass altogether. It helps my wallet when I can have a singular focus on one thing I want and if its at the top of my list then everything else kind of pales in comparison.

Agreed. Great video. That's been two of my biggest problems since I started collecting these 1/6 SCALE figures a few years ago. Space and affordability. Of course I started out wanting to buy a figure of everything that came out that looked cool but obviously I learned pretty quickly that's not realistic.

Now I focus mainly on:
OT Star Wars (which CAN be an entire room in itself)
MCU (only select figures not all)
DCMU

I do have a few odds and ends but those I limit to one square each of a Detolf. Keeps me focused on what's most important to me (family) and my my collection as a whole.

Agreed. Great video. That's been two of my biggest problems since I started collecting these 1/6 SCALE figures a few years ago. Space and affordability. Of course I started out wanting to buy a figure of everything that came out that looked cool but obviously I learned pretty quickly that's not realistic.

Now I focus mainly on:
OT Star Wars (which CAN be an entire room in itself)
MCU (only select figures not all)
DCMU

I do have a few odds and ends but those I limit to one square each of a Detolf. Keeps me focused on what's most important to me (family) and my my collection as a whole.

Same here. I just limited MCU to solo/origin movies.

That video has excellent tips. I always go back and forth on certain collectibles and while I know if im questioning it I probably dont truly need it I still allow myself to lose sleep over it. My collection consist of mostly gaming related collectibles with a couple of comic figures but only my top characters. Its tough now cause there are so many awesome things coming out. Then Prime1 came on the scene and honestly sometimes I see something I like and then see them doing something of the same character and it lessens how I view the one I can afford. But then I need to snap back to reality and realize that just is out of my price range.

At my peak I had about 30 or slightly more 1/6 figures from a number of lines but mostly Hot Toys.
I sold almost all and I have 6 left. I set a specific criteria for myself that maximizes posing options and longevity.
I use the same criteria for my upcoming purchases.

This is what I have left.
3A Master Chief
Mondo Iron Giant
Hot Toys Deadpool
Hot Toys Stan Lee (signed :) )
Hot Toys Robocop (regular one without the chair)
Threezero Rick Grimes

I have the following on pre-order
Sideshow Jason Vorhees
Sideshow Freddy Krueger
Hot Toys Rogue One - K2SO
Hot Toys Suicide Squad Batman
Hot Toys Punisher from Daredevil

What I will be getting 100% if or when they are announced.
Threezero Walking Dead Michonne
Hot Toys Spider-Man Homecoming Spidey (going up for order any day now hopefully)
Hot Toys 1:1 scale Groot from Guardian of the Galaxy 2 (I mean it will basically be a 12 inch figure)

That's all I can think of so far.

Budget Stark makes great points there. I think we all come to the conclusion at some point...can't buy/display everything. My brother and I focus on teams. Like I just passed on the new GotG Rocket because I have serious doubts about HTs doing the whole team particularly the ones we've never gotten before ie, Mantis, Yondu and Nebula. Made an exception with Dr. Strange as I don't see me buying another figure of him down the road. Gonna try and stay away from Ragnorak too but if they release Planet Hulk that's gonna be hard to pass up.

I limit my purchases to the Batman Universe... I would love to have some Marvel figures, but I just can't start down that rabbit hole.

When I get Batman Universe figures I also try to take fun-factor into account. I'd LOVE to have the DX09 Batman, but I just don't want to pay that much for a figure that is essentially a statue (nothing against statues... I used to own a lot, but they have limited fun-factor, too). So, when NECA re-released their 1/4 scale 89 Batman, I jumped on it. Granted, it's not of the same quality as the DX09, but I can change its' poses often and it has tons of great accessories. Plus, I got a great deal on it. I recently got the HT QS001 quarter scale Batman and I absolutely love it because of its' articulation and accessories.... I wouldn't have paid the same price for it if it would've been a statue.

I don't have a huge collection (all of my figures can fit inside of two Detolfs), but I'm starting to get to the point where I'm going to sell a figure before I get a new one. If I don't like the new hotness enough to get rid of an old figure, then I don't like it enough to get it at all.

Back