1/6 Hot Toys - MMS400 D18 - Iron Man 2 - Mark V Diecast Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only downside of Diecast figures is the boxes are bigger than the plastic figures. With the containers I have to store my figures, I can only put 2 diecast figures and 2 plastic containers. I use 110 qt containers, and I can put 5 or 6 plastic figures in those containers(depends if I have the brown shipper or not).

I have that same issue. I've got like 500 of these stupid boxes so it's such a pain. I've got a full storage unit and two rooms in basement just boxes. Lol

I have that same issue. I've got like 500 of these stupid boxes so it's such a pain. I've got a full storage unit and two rooms in basement just boxes. Lol

The storage room at my condo complex is full of plastic containers with my Hot Toys figures. 14 containers contain Hot Toys figures.

Looks great, but not my favorite armor. I considered the original only because of the colors being reminiscent of the Silver Centurion armor as I never thought they would actually go there in the movies. One of the only good things about IM3 and glad I did wait.

The only issue I have with all these DC figures is the new scale. Sucks for collectors cause these will never look right posed with all the plastic figures due to the size differences, and of course the DC MK3 is an oddball too. Congrats to those wanting this, It'll make a fine addition to your IM collection...

Looks great. It's funny, it represents both my disappointment and (what little) delight I have from Iron Man 2. It's from my favorite scene in the film and the scene in the trailer that got me the most hyped to see the film. Throwing in the Tony headsculpt makes it a lot more tempting too. But like some others have said, there's SO MUCH out or coming out right now I'll probably pass. Now if I win the lotto... :)

I've never understood all the hate IM2 got. For me it ranks in my top 3 marvel movies every time.

Does anyone think this new spiffy DC Mark V will look off with the rest of the original 7 armors now that it is considerably larger? Or is it simply in scale now?

Excellent, I've been waiting for this to finally be announced. I missed out on the original and refuse to pay secondary market prices.

They should have included racetrack Tony as a companion figure.

And then add this as a side piece to the racetrack Tony ;)

maxresdefault.jpg

Does anyone think this new spiffy DC Mark V will look off with the rest of the original 7 armors now that it is considerably larger? Or is it simply in scale now?

Based on the pic HT gave in a comparison to the original, the new MKV DC will be larger than all the original plastic figures. The original plastic MKV is about the same size as MK3-7. Here's a pic

htim7-34.jpg

Mark VI diecast will be tall 32.6 cm, so the same hight of this one.
Mark III diecast is smaller but wrong.

They'll do racetrack Tony, now getting this has me wanting whiplash...is he still up on SS?

Doesn't mean they're selling

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

And it doesn't mean they did before. So, nothing changed..which was my point i was just trying to be subtle about it.

Not bad but man I was really hoping for the Mark II unleashed version to get the diecast treatment with a nice chrome finish.

Based on the pic HT gave in a comparison to the original, the new MKV DC will be larger than all the original plastic figures. The original plastic MKV is the same size as MK2-7. Here's a pic

View attachment 321276

Thanks Loki! That is a really great comparison pic. Now my stupid collector OCD is gonna mess with in terms of grappling with the new height vs being all shiny and chrome!.

Mark VI diecast will be tall 32.6 cm, so the same hight of this one.
Mark III diecast is smaller but wrong.

Thanks FB80! Is the idea that Hot Toys are going to upscale any DC releases moving forward (aside from Mark 3)?

Big improvement over the last iteration. Probably my least favorite armor and not into 1/6 diecasts myself but this should look great in peoples collections

Back